• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Netflix is back to again 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzajac

Is Netflix ever going to be 1080p again, or will this be another 3 month waiting game again?

Couldn't care less to be honest as this provider kinda crap overall, nowadays you can also get two or even three providers for the same price.. personally?, I'd rather see AS more flexible with new updated providers that works for the time being, meaning since we don't pay for add-ons (like other applications) I wouldn't mind providers being added/removed or temporarily disabled for what's currently working, (Rakuten TV was just one but plenty out there), it would of course be nice if all providers had 100% uptime of HD but let's be real, some cats just don't like us and mouse should perhaps go for other cheese, at least for the time being :)

Couldn't care less to be honest as this provider kinda crap overall, nowadays you can also get two or even three providers for the same price.. personally?, I'd rather see AS more flexible with new updated providers that works for the time being, meaning since we don't pay for add-ons (like other applications) I wouldn't mind providers being added/removed or temporarily disabled for what's currently working, (Rakuten TV was just one but plenty out there), it would of course be nice if all providers had 100% uptime of HD but let's be real, some cats just don't like us and mouse should perhaps go for other cheese, at least for the time being :)
Yup for all the content on Netflix there seems to be a whole lot of nothing. :D

Depends what region you live. Not everybody has the same luxury :)

I don't have HBO, no Hulu.
Rakuten available but the subtitles are 100% the wrong language for me (my country is 60/40 divided in language and Rakuten choses the 40 part...)
Amazon available but kinda like Rakuten. Correct subs available but only for like 65%.

D+ is good.
netflix is good. But no 1080p atm.
So I'm glad with NF and I hope it stays.

Are we going to see a thousands threads on this, like we did when Amazon was broken? Be patient.

Are we going to see a thousands threads on this, like we did when Amazon was broken? Be patient.
Thank you, Doc, and the others that realize the DRM is not easily broken and when it's done we will have a provider that gives you a great picture, ( I like 720p for all my content, it's less space and the picture on my 43 in TV is just fine) so watch it on the provider and when we fix the 1080p you can save it.

I gave Netflix the heave-ho this morning. It's like they have a few of their "originals" and knob-all else on there. The search needs to be more granular as well, so we can ignore all the crap that is filling up the place.

Yup for all the content on Netflix there seems to be a whole lot of nothing. :D
To be honest, there were some thing on Netflix that I really wanted like Ozark and a few other but I have them, and if i didn't have to test a lot of issues, I would have dumped it myself. But for a newbie NF is important. It has all seasons of Blacklist and other good stuff.

Thank you, Doc, and the others that realize the DRM is not easily broken and when it's done we will have a provider that gives you a great picture, ( I like 720p for all my content, it's less space and the picture on my 43 in TV is just fine) so watch it on the provider and when we fix the 1080p you can save it.

It raises a good question around DRM... How much can the Providers change it? I don't really know anything about it other than it's protectionary measures. But I've always wondered if the changes Providers can make to it are basically unlimited or is there only "so much" that they can do with it? Obviously if the changes are unlimited then the ability for AS to provide "fixes" will definitely be slower and more painful. However if there is only so much they can do with it (Because They Still Have To Stay Within Some "Video Signal Transmission Standard" Of Some Sort) then as AS works through the "fixes" I would think that we will see less downtime and quicker patches.

Also how hard is it for the Providers to make DRM Changes in their platform? I assume that when they do everyone has to update their apps on their TV's, Tablets, Phones, Computers, Etc. so that the app will allow the "decryption" of the new DRM stream.

Not wanting to dig into the nitty gritty just asking more generalized questions.

To be honest, there were some thing on Netflix that I really wanted like Ozark and a few other but I have them, and if i didn't have to test a lot of issues, I would have dumped it myself. But for a newbie NF is important. It has all seasons of Blacklist and other good stuff.

Yup. I know everyone has different tastes. Myself I'm probably old compared to most here so I am usually looking for older stuff.
It's ashame I can't find things I really want anywhere like Three's Company, Perfect Strangers, The Drew Carey Show, The original Incredible Hulk tv show.
I'm probably just going to order them all off Amazon and rip them to my NAS.
This is the reason I have 3 Bluray/4k Readers on my computer.

You guys are smart, but understanding DRM ( Digital Rights Management) is not easy to understand much less break.:( Don't worry we will get there, I cant say when, because I dont know. ( "nobody tells me nothin"):whistle:

Reactions: SAF
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back