Netflix does not download audios in 5.1 E-AC3 Only ACC 5.1

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by Hellboy15, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Hellboy15

Hellboy15 Member

Hi, I don't know if it's my problem or if something else happens, the videos that I download from amazon are perfect with E-AC3 5.1@640 audio, on the other hand, those that I download from netflix I download them in the ACC 2.0@192 format kbps and I know that this format is not correct, the emissions that I download are in E-AC3 5.1@640kbps, I know because if I see it directly from my TV and my denon sound equipment, it is the audio quality that it emits Why don't you lower me with that audio quality? Any recommendation?

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Please provide a logfile for such a title, and the name of such a title. Without it we won't be able to assist you.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

@Hellboy15 TV doesn't count - it is a completely different story. As not all devices are the same, meaning that Netflix may deliver different quality of the same title to different devices, it may well happen, that AnyStream is not offered the quality you expect.
    However, in order to rule out any error on our side, I would appreciate if you re-run your test with the next release (scheduled this Tuesday) and send us the log file.

4. WiseMan

WiseMan Active Member

Just for the record - all other Netflix grab software which I know (avaliable to buy via official app website - I'm not even talking about private tools) can dl 640kbps audio and even 768 kbps Atmos.
    So as a recommendation from my side - AnyStream should support it too, if you want to be competitive in that matter (especially when such audio is available via every chromium based browser).

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  5. Hellboy15

Hellboy15 Member

Creo que te refieres a este archivo. xxx astlog?
    audio ACC 5.1@192kbps Debería ser E-AC3 5.1@640kbps, espero que te ayude, gracias

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  6. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

Thanks, but I meant "retry it on Tuesday".

And that's what I get in a chromium based browser:
    Channels: 2.0, Codec: audio/mp4; codecs="mp4a.40.5"

7. WiseMan

WiseMan Active Member

Does the new version download EAC3 640kbps audio from Netflix?
    I would have checked that myself, but my trial has ended.

Just for the record, on the product page, AnyStream is advertised as capable of downloading Dolby Digital 5.1:
    So I believe the incapability of downloading such should be treated like a bug.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  8. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Active Member

please fix netflix so we can download DDP5.1 Audio instead of aac audio thanks

9. teege

teege Member

Just wondering. What public software are you speaking of? Like FlixGrab or something bad like that?

10. WiseMan

WiseMan Active Member

Well, yes. And few other that are clones of that app. I am aware that regarding video these apps are crap because of reencoding, but they can get highest quality audio.
    And there is also a web browser script publicly available (where you know where to look) which can dl all quality audios and also subtitles.

11. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Active Member

this software is far the best one just needs a bit of tweaking etc on netflix side updated to download DDP5.1/DDP2.0/DDP5.1 Atmos from netflix instead of aac 192, and having 4k/4K HDR/1080p HDR added for amazon and netflix would be amazing to :)

also adding Disney+ 1080p/4K Downloads would be great to :)

12. windevine

windevine Member

UHD will remain a big dream on Amazon and Netflix via anystream ;)

13. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Active Member

:( hopefully they find way to add it and soon, even if it means cracking the l1 drm/cdm etc

14. Ch3vr0n

Netflix downloads 5.1 just fine. Heres an example of star trek discovery s03e01

Code:
    Algemeen
    Volledige naam  : F:\Complete Series\Star Trek Discovery\S03\Star Trek- Discovery - S03E01 - That Hope Is You, Part 1.mp4
    Formaat  : MPEG-4
    Formaatprofiel  : Base Media
    Codec-ID  : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41/iso6/piff)
    Bestandsgrootte  : 363 MiB
    Duur  : 51 min 49s
    Totale bitratemodus  : Variabel
    Totale bitrate  : 979 kb/s
    Filmnaam  : That Hope Is You, Part 1
    Datum codering  : UTC 2020-10-17 15:10:10
    Tagdatum  : UTC 2020-10-17 15:10:10
    Commentaar  : Michael emerges from the wormhole in the distant future and encounters a mysterious courier, Book, who reveals the long-ago fate of the Federation.

Video
    ID  : 1
    Formaat  : AVC
    Formaat/Info  : Advanced Video Codec
    Formaatprofiel  : High@L3.1
    Formaatinstellingen  : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Formaatinstellingen, CABAC  : Ja
    Formaatinstellingen, RefFrames  : 4 frames
    Codec-ID  : avc1
    Codec-ID/Info  : Advanced Video Coding
    Duur  : 51 min 48s
    Bitrate-modus  : Variabel
    Bitrate  : 782 kb/s
    Maximale bitrate  : 14,0 Mb/s
    Breedte  : 1 280 pixels
    Hoogte  : 720 pixels
    Beeldverhouding  : 16:9
    Frameratemodus  : Constant
    Framerate  : 23,976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space  : YUV
    Chroma subsampling  : 4:2:0
    Bit depth  : 8 bits
    Scansoort  : Progressief
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame)  : 0.035
    Stroomgrootte  : 290 MiB (80%)
    Gebruikte encoderbibliotheek  : x264 core 148 r2722 1b0121b
    Instellingen codering  : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x111 / me=umh / subme=10 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=120 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=2 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=6 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / stitchable=1 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=16 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=240 / keyint_min=121 / scenecut=0 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=240 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=23.0 / qcomp=0.50 / qpmin=6 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=14000 / vbv_bufsize=14000 / crf_max=0.0 / nal_hrd=vbr / filler=0 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:0.80
    Codec configuration box  : avcC

Audio
    ID  : 2
    Formaat  : AAC LC SBR
    Formaat/Info  : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity with Spectral Band Replication
    Commercial name  : HE-AAC
    Formaatinstellingen  : Explicit
    Codec-ID  : mp4a-40-2
    Duur  : 51 min 49s
    Bitrate-modus  : Variabel
    Bitrate  : 192 kb/s
    Maximale bitrate  : 296 kb/s
    Kanaal(en)  : 6 kanalen
    Channel layout  : C L R Ls Rs LFE
    Samplerate  : 48,0 kHz
    Framerate  : 23,438 FPS (2048 SPF)
    Compression mode  : Lossy
    Stroomgrootte  : 71,2 MiB (20%)
    Taal  : Engels

15. DannyBoi

DannyBoi Active Member

er thats not fine, thats aac not DDP5.1/DDP2.0/DDP5.1 Atmos ;) thats what needs to be added now :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  16. WiseMan

WiseMan Active Member

@Ch3vr0n, I know you're not an idiot, so stop behaving like one.
    People are asking for Dolby Digital and AnyStream is advertised as supporting Dolby Digital Surround 5.1, so either it should be supported or product page updated "*Not for Netflix".

17. Ch3vr0n

Then I'd suggest making a dedicated topic, as the title of this topic is 'does not download 5.1' which is incorrect. This topic is about not downloading 5.1 at all, not about not downloading a specific audio type.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

18. I convert the audio to AC3 as part of conversion to H.265. Super easy to do with Handbrake CLI.
    Code:
    handbrakecli.exe -i input.mp4 --decomb --auto-anamorphic --start-at duration:0 -e nvenc_h265 --encoder-preset hq -q 26 --aencoder copy --audio-copy-mask ac3,eac3,truehd,dts,dtshd,mp3,flac --audio-fallback ffac3 -R auto -6 6ch -o output.mkv

19. megaboy

megaboy Member

Thats not the same, 192 kb/s is very low quality for 5.1

20. peacesign

peacesign Member

And also not the point of Anystream, which is to download from the source without converting!

zero269 likes this.