• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Nero 8.1.1.4 mp3/mp3PRO plugin bug (Settings not being saved)

d.chatten

I have just uninstalled Nero 8.1.1.0b and installed the new Nero 8.1.1.4, when i open Nero Burning ROM and go to File > Options > Audio > Options > Encoders > mp3/mp3PRO > Configure, i find that i can configure the mp3/mp3PRO plugin, but the settings that i enter are only saved until i exit Nero Burning ROM, when i close Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express after configuring the mp3/mp3PRO plugin then re-start Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express the settings i entered are lost.

Is anyone else having this issue with the mp3/mp3PRO plugin confiuration?

Thanks!

by 'settings',i take it you mean the encoder settings (such as bit-rate etc..).
so you are saying nero goes back to the default settings when you start the program,yes?
did the version you uninstalled do this too?

i just tried it with another version of nero (7),and it defaults back to PCM Wav.
using the drop down menu,the mp3pro defaults back to 80kbps even though i last selected 56kbps.

Last edited:
Yes i mean the encoder settings in File > Options, screenshot below.

mp3progc1.jpg

looks like it is not a problem as such.
the program just doesn't remember previous settings and always returns to defaults.

The thing is, the previous version of Nero 8 saved the mp3/mp3PRO settings but with this new version of Nero 8 it doesn't, also i would call this a problem because every time i want to use the mp3/mp3PRO plugin i need to reconfigure it to the configuration i want to use.

I have now done some more testing, i have found that the configuration settings are only saved until i exit Nero Burning ROM or Nero Express at which point the settings are lost, this happens with all of the Nero plug-ins in the screenshot below, not just the mp3/mp3PRO plug-in, this doesn't accur whith Nero 8.1.1.0b, it only accurs with Nero 8.1.1.4, i also used the Nero 8 cleantool to uninstall the old Nero 8.1.1.0b before installing the new Nero 8.1.1.4.

nero8pluginsqt2.jpg

Back