Need help choosing blank media.

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Blanks' started by Hawk, May 18, 2008.

1. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I see no indication that those are made in Singapore. How do you know they are made in Singapore? If they are, definitely buy them.

This is what people should be buying:

CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro (these are Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, Taiyo Yuden
    DVD±Rs = Maxell Broadcast Quality Series 8x (not regular junk Maxells you find everywhere), Verbatim 8x & 16x, Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline) 8x
    DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (not India), MAM-A 8x

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  3. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I guess I didn't say it properly. What I meant when I gone by it I will make sure they are made in Singapore.

I guess i should also start reading stickies as well.

Anyways

Thank you!

4. Webslinger

No. They're going to be made in either Taiwan or India. I would, personally, avoid the ones made in India (by Moser Baer).

5. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member

Got you.

Thank you for guidance to correct media type.

:)

6. Webslinger

If they are made in Taiwan, the discs will either be made by Prodisc or CMC (and produced to Verbatim's standards). Some people prefer Prodisc Verbatims, but on average I tend to find I achieve better results with CMC made Verbatims (with the exception of PAP6 and MAP6 serials, but I don't think those are still in circulation).

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  7. profcolli

profcolli Well-Known Member

Futureshop Canada (OP site) has many Verbatim Made in Singapore (MIS) DL (MKM-004) packs, but you have to go to the store to check it out. I got Verbatim MIS DL on sale there on the same shelf as the Moser-Bauer Made in India media ($20 for 20). The same applies to the 16x +R media ($30 for 100 MIS).

Don't buy it online - check it at the store.