• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Need help choosing blank media.

Made in Singapore.

I see no indication that those are made in Singapore. How do you know they are made in Singapore? If they are, definitely buy them.

This is what people should be buying:

CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro (these are Taiyo Yudens with a protective coating), Verbatim Datalife Plus, Taiyo Yuden
DVD±Rs = Maxell Broadcast Quality Series 8x (not regular junk Maxells you find everywhere), Verbatim 8x & 16x, Taiyo Yuden (not Valueline) 8x
DVD+R DLs = Verbatim made in Singapore (not India), MAM-A 8x

Last edited:
Thanks.

I guess I didn't say it properly. What I meant when I gone by it I will make sure they are made in Singapore.

I guess i should also start reading stickies as well.

Anyways

Thank you!

I guess I didn't say it properly. What I meant when I gone by it I will make sure they are made in Singapore.

No. They're going to be made in either Taiwan or India. I would, personally, avoid the ones made in India (by Moser Baer).

Got you.

Thank you for guidance to correct media type.

:)

Got you.

Thank you for guidance to correct media type.

:)

If they are made in Taiwan, the discs will either be made by Prodisc or CMC (and produced to Verbatim's standards). Some people prefer Prodisc Verbatims, but on average I tend to find I achieve better results with CMC made Verbatims (with the exception of PAP6 and MAP6 serials, but I don't think those are still in circulation).

Last edited:
If they are made in Taiwan, the discs will either be made by Prodisc or CMC (and unstructured to Verbatim's standards). Some people prefer Prodisc Verbatims, but on average I tend to find I achieve better results with CMC made Verbatims (with the exception of PAP6 and MAP6 serials, but I don't think those are still in circulation).
Futureshop Canada (OP site) has many Verbatim Made in Singapore (MIS) DL (MKM-004) packs, but you have to go to the store to check it out. I got Verbatim MIS DL on sale there on the same shelf as the Moser-Bauer Made in India media ($20 for 20). The same applies to the 16x +R media ($30 for 100 MIS).

Don't buy it online - check it at the store.

Back