• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

My modified ReClock script to automatically change refresh rate without PowerStrip

Hey at least you have it working, I can't get it to work at all. Doesn't seem to be anyone around to help either :(

Hey at least you have it working, I can't get it to work at all. Doesn't seem to be anyone around to help either :(

It wouldnt woork for me at first. Cause it said on the first post that you can change the resolution without the need of powerstrip. So I just installed that other programme Display Changer. It would give me error messages. Then I installed powerstrip and it worked.
Is that your problem?

Hi all,

Using DisplayChanger I can switch between 24hz and 50hz modes perfectly depending on input, but can't help noticing with mpc-hc and reclock, changing resolution sometimes causes the player to crash. I have tried adding sleeps, after the display change command is called before returning to reclock, but its like 50% of the time, a crash will happen.

Is this mpc-hc's fault or reclock?

When a crash occurs, I always see this at the bottom of the reclock log

ChangeAudioRate(48000.00,0.0,48000)

ALSO, I think reclock can be much improved in this area. For example, with my TV set to 50hz, pal speed down disabled, playing a 25fps file, I would expect green all the way, except for when reclock is estimating the refresh rate, when I think it should be optional to send "<unknown>" to the display changer. Here is what happens in this case anyways, basically the debug output from display vbs file typed below, after I load this 25fps file in mpc-hc, and bolded is what I think is wrong and should be improved.

-------------------------------------------------

<FILE LOADS>
<RECLOCK ESTIMATES RATE AT 23.976fps>

YELLOW CINEMA PCM 1 1 1920x1080 50 23976 23976 << Incorrect, I think another flag should be sent, to indicate in estimation stage, or better still, send nothing at all. Display rate changes shouldn't be made during estimation.

<display changes to 23.976hz>

GREEN CINEMA PCM 1 1 1920x1080 24 23976 24000
GREEN CINEMA PCM 1 1 1920x1080 24 23976 24000 << Duplicate of above, solution, don't send the same messages twice in a row.
STOP - - 1 1 1920x1080 24 - -
STOP - - 1 1 1920x1080 24 - - << Duplicate of above, solution, don't send the same messages twice in a row.

<RECLOCK ESTIMATES RATE AT 25fps>

YELLOW PAL PCM 1 1 1920x1080 24 25000 25000

<display changes back to 50hz>

GREEN PAL PCM 1 1 50 25000 25000
GREEN PAL PCM 1 1 50 25000 25000 << Duplicate of above, solution, don't send the same messages twice in a row.
STOP - - 1 1 1920x1080 50 - - << WHY?

<either video plays, or I get a crash>

Last edited:
Just upgraded to Win 7. When loading movieswith media player classic it wont automatically change the resolutionany more.
Well, it kid of works. If I change the resolution to 24hz manually it will automatically change it to 60hz. So, its doing the opposite from what its supposed to do. (I am using the Display Changer with powerstrip with an Nvidia gts 250 card).
It worked fine with wmp11 and vista.

Hi all,

Using DisplayChanger I can switch between 24hz and 50hz modes perfectly depending on input, but can't help noticing with mpc-hc and reclock, changing resolution sometimes causes the player to crash. I have tried adding sleeps, after the display change command is called before returning to reclock, but its like 50% of the time, a crash will happen.

Is this mpc-hc's fault or reclock?

When a crash occurs, I always see this at the bottom of the reclock log

ChangeAudioRate(48000.00,0.0,48000)

ALSO, I think reclock can be much improved in this area. For example, with my TV set to 50hz, pal speed down disabled, playing a 25fps file, I would expect green all the way, except for when reclock is estimating the refresh rate, when I think it should be optional to send "<unknown>" to the display changer. Here is what happens in this case anyways, basically the debug output from display vbs file typed below, after I load this 25fps file in mpc-hc, and bolded is what I think is wrong and should be improved.

-------------------------------------------------

<FILE LOADS>
<RECLOCK ESTIMATES RATE AT 23.976fps>

YELLOW CINEMA PCM 1 1 1920x1080 50 23976 23976 << Incorrect, I think another flag should be sent, to indicate in estimation stage, or better still, send nothing at all. Display rate changes shouldn't be made during estimation.

<display changes to 23.976hz>

GREEN CINEMA PCM 1 1 1920x1080 24 23976 24000
GREEN CINEMA PCM 1 1 1920x1080 24 23976 24000 << Duplicate of above, solution, don't send the same messages twice in a row.
STOP - - 1 1 1920x1080 24 - -
STOP - - 1 1 1920x1080 24 - - << Duplicate of above, solution, don't send the same messages twice in a row.

<RECLOCK ESTIMATES RATE AT 25fps>

YELLOW PAL PCM 1 1 1920x1080 24 25000 25000

<display changes back to 50hz>

GREEN PAL PCM 1 1 50 25000 25000
GREEN PAL PCM 1 1 50 25000 25000 << Duplicate of above, solution, don't send the same messages twice in a row.
STOP - - 1 1 1920x1080 50 - - << WHY?

<either video plays, or I get a crash>
Logfile, please. And where is your script so I can look? When using ATI, stop the AMD external event service in service manager. Do not exit the script with WScript.Quit 0.

Managed to get reclock to auto change by using wmp instead of mcp.
Now only thing I need to do is change to 30hz when 29.97fps content is played.
Even if I change the NTSC setting from 60Hz to 30hz the resolution still remains the same. But I managed to change the setting from 48hz to 24hz for the CINEMA setting.
Any ideas?

Logfile, please. And where is your script so I can look? When using ATI, stop the AMD external event service in service manager. Do not exit the script with WScript.Quit 0.

Hi James, Thanks for looking at this. I have uploaded my vbs script and log file. You can see that when reclock is estimating the files refresh rate, it obviously gets it wrong initially, and makes my screen change, then when it gets it right, it changes it back again.

Just notice I am using 50hz, and a 25fps file (with no intended speed down). So I shouldn't see any vbs script calls that are anything but green, but there are many yellow ones, and duplicates etc.

http://www.2shared.com/file/10834271/82039f3e/Log_and_vbs.html

In log above you will count two yellow status's sent to the vbs. There should be none as its 25fps content on 50hz screen.

Can this be improved to not make any non green vbs calls, if you have time? I am using Nvidia GTX 295 with display changer.

Last edited:
1.8.6.1 already has this option. Look at the release notes.

Of course but my problem is that reclocks estimation of frame rate incorrectly sends yellow notifications to VBS even when file and refresh are the same. I argue notiications shouldn't be sent when in estimation phase.

It's a pity estimation is necessary at all as detection of frame rate would be instant If reclock could read rate from somewhere.

logs............................

Attachments

• Log and vbs.rar
    10.3 KB · Views: 16
Hi James, Did you consider updating reclock to maybe

1) Avoid sending updates to vbs while in the estimation of frame rate stage (would really improve the experience on my HTPC, ie would avoid having my resolution change 3 times per 25fps movie being slowed to 24fps, rather than the desired 1 or sometimes even 0.)
2) Avoid sending the same message twice (not a big problem really)

Last edited:
Hi James, Did you consider updating reclock to maybe

1) Avoid sending updates to vbs while in the estimation of frame rate stage (would really improve the experience on my HTPC, ie would avoid having my resolution change 3 times per 25fps movie being slowed to 24fps, rather than the desired 1 or sometimes even 0.)
In the log you posted it got it from the registry:
Searched framerate in registry l_found=1 m_digest=76D7B9459ACFD1670E06C287AADB394F l_rateNum=1

Can you try to clear the frame rate database?

2) Avoid sending the same message twice (not a big problem really)
It doesn't.
DO NOT EXIT THE SCRIPT WITH WScript.Quit 0, I've told you several times.

I have cleared the database and my first problem is fixed. Thanks alot. How often should it be cleaned up. I guess I am asking is there a flaw in reclocks logic somewhere that makes the database incorrect or not updated. I imagine you don't intend the database ever having to be cleared if all the logic is right with regards to keeping database accurate?

I never saw a post regarding wscript.quit 1 so there's no need to use capital letters. My eyesight is perfect without the need for them!!!!!!! Relax!!

I'll remove it and try but my understanding from the posts in this thread that if no changes were made then the script should be exited with this return code of 1 to keep reclock informed. I guess this has changed in recent reclock versions? If a change is made my script returns 0 but still see reclock sending te same thing more than once to vbs script.

I'm happy as is now anyways :D I guess I'll just have to do a database cleanup every now and again until this is no longer necessary :D

Last edited:
I have cleared the database and my first problem is fixed. Thanks alot. How often should it be cleaned up. I guess I am asking is there a flaw in reclocks logic somewhere that makes the database incorrect or not updated. I imagine you don't intend the database ever having to be cleared if all the logic is right with regards to keeping database accurate?

I never saw a post regarding wscript.quit 1 so there's no need to use capital letters. My eyesight is perfect without the need for them!!!!!!! Relax!!

I thought you might miss it ... again:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=241409&highlight=WScript.Quit#post241409

I'll remove it and try but my understanding from the posts in this thread that if no changes were made then the script should be exited with this return code of 1 to keep reclock informed. I guess this has changed in recent reclock versions?

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=235623&highlight=WScript.Quit#post235623

ReClock is automatically informed by Windows if the refresh rate changes. Only if you use a tool which hits the hardware directly (Windows has no clue that there was a change), ReClock needs to be informed with WScriptQuit 0

If you use a "proper" tool (= not PowerStrip) *and* use WScriptQuit 0, ReClock will see two refresh rate changes in a row. Not good.

Brilliant, thanks alot. I'm using display changer, so I'll take out those commands.

Thanks again!!

EDIT: Oops, after removing wscript.quit's from my vbs script, and clearing database, when playing back a 25i file Deinterlaced to 50p with pal speed down off, at 50hz refresh rate, I get a resolution change to 24hz, then 50hz.

Again, in this case I think during the first second or two, the guessing phase of reclock causes the 2 unnecessary resolution changes. First to 24hz when it doesn't know the rate is 50 and then back to 50 when it correctly learns the rate. Log attached incase your interested in this. I see two yellow notifications being sent. Can you confirm this is caused by reclock first guessing a certain frame rate yet still sending vbs notification, and only after a few seconds getting it right and sending vbs notification again.

I ask because it is the sending of notifications during this guessing phase that still doesn't seem exactly right, after database cleanup.

Attachments

• reclock_log.rar
    7.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I just downloaded the trial version of the latest Anydvd application. I want to use SetDisplayFrequency.exe in combination with the Reclock .vbs script so I can get automatic fps detection and after the detection automatic display frequency changing (ati profiles).

I don t know how to config this correct.

- How does the .vbs script have to look like?
- Is it needed that Anydvd is running or is all I need the file 'SetDisplayFrequency.exe' and can the trail version of Anydvd be uninstalled?

Are there any ATI users out there who can point me in the right direction?

Cheers!

is there anything better than DisplayChanger for nvidia on XP? it used to work fine on older drivers, but it's only getting worse and worse these days...I can change reso/refresh rate in the nvidia drivers, but DC doesn't do anything :eek:

yes, I did try "-force" and updating DC to the latest version

is there anything better than DisplayChanger for nvidia on XP? it used to work fine on older drivers, but it's only getting worse and worse these days...I can change reso/refresh rate in the nvidia drivers, but DC doesn't do anything :eek:

yes, I did try "-force" and updating DC to the latest version

SetDisplayFrequency? ;)

SetDisplayFrequency? ;)
I use(d) DC w/ batches in my start menu to change reso/refresh rate...apparently SDF can only change the refresh rate? and it's part of the AnyDVD package?

I'd rather not resort to pstrip, which is buggy as hell on nvidia :eek:

Back