• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Request My HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.02 doesn't work with UltraHD Blade Runner BD.

SergeKent

Hello there!

I'm new to the UHD physical media and after reading many reddit/youtube/forums I decided to buy an external DVD/BR/UHD disc for my laptop. All BD discs and DVD work fine with my disk but of course UHD disc needed AllDvd to remove the restrictions put on it.
So I used the program and after many tries I still can't play the UHD. I don't want to rip or copy it, just play it.
I'm pretty sure my model is compatible with the disc.

Any help would be welcomed!

Oh, I'll include the dialogue:

"Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.8.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-RE BU40N 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 44962176 sectors (87816 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: BLADE_RUNNER_2049
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 61
UHD Blu-ray disc.
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!"

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.8.0_Info_D_BLADE_RUNNER_2049.ziplog
    3.4 MB · Views: 2
You need to install Makemkv to make AnyDVD work with your drive. And you have it flashed to a MK firmware, haven't you?

Thanks for your quick reply.
I did open MakeMKV and the dialogue changed to:

"DRIVE NOT SUPPORTED BY MAKEMKV LIBREDRIVE!
couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!"

EDIT:

Error 'Scsi error - ILLEGAL REQUEST:COPY PROTECTION KEY EXCHANGE FAILURE - KEY NOT PRESENT' occurred while issuing SCSI command A30..0020..03F to device 'SPTI:\Device\CdRom0' This is what MakeMKV says.

You need to flash your drive:

Ok, so I flashed my drive with the proper firmware (the one that matches my drive). After rebooting and all, makeMKV prompts this message:

MakeMKV v1.17.6 win(x64-release) started

Using LibreDrive mode (v06.3 id=FA108BB7DA63)

Using direct disc access mode

Loaded content hash table, will verify integrity of M2TS files.

Saved AACS dump file as

The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted

Failed to open disc

Should I install another firmware?

Soooo, there is no way of just launching the BD like a normal optical disc then?
Anyway. Thank you so much for your help.
I'll rip the disc into my hard drive.

Soooo, there is no way of just launching the BD like a normal optical disc then?
What do you mean? You can do whatever you want, as long as AnyDVD is running.

I can copy the disc. Make an image. But still can't play the disc directly from the drive. All players still identify the UHD disc as non compatible.

He probably said that because coopervid said he can now rip the disc with makeMKV or AnyDVD.

The makeMKV message above shows that it doesn't support this title yet though.

The makeMKV dump would have to be sent over there for that to happen.

Unclear whether AnyDVD supports it yet or not -- an AnyDVD logfile or at least the Status report now that he has flashed the proper firmware is needed for that...

T

Yes, @SergeKent create an AnyDVD logfile now and post it here.

Your next hurdle may be that the title is unsupported right now in AnyDVD -- and a key for it would be needed...

T

Yup. And also VLC.

Yea, well, don't know shit about VLC nor do I care to but your problem with PowerDVD is they removed UHD support in that patch. We've discussed it to death on the forum.

EDIT:

Specifically this version: 22.0.3526.62

Back