• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Multiple (most) YouTube videos Error

Bryan Haddock

I'm not able to download youtube videos getting errors such as this one.

00:14:11.285 - [Error] [Pump:video:youtube] Failed to retrieve fragment #65, giving up

This affects the vast majority of certain channels which seem to have this issue.

I've attached a log file.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.5.0.astlog
    586 KB · Views: 2
Are you sure you weren't trying to download from a paid YouTube Service? The 204 error means the request was successful but there was no response. The YouTube we offer is not able to Log In. so you can not download from Youtube TV or any paid programming.

00:28:00.736 - [Debug] [Pump:video:youtube] Request #624 has encountered a network error with code 204

ItDisney.jpg works fine if this is what you are trying to download, every episodelatest.jpg

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I'm trying to download episode playlists and after seeing your response, I have gone back to re-evaluated my issues I was having (and logged). Here's what I'm seeing today. I had better luck on many videos, however, I was noticing while shorter (under 20 min) videos would complete, others were still erroring out before completion leaving only partial video recordings.

Because I have the app in the maximal speed setting along with an optimal, fiber optic bandwidth, I would see within seconds videos start and either finish or crap out within seconds. Out of curiosity, I adjusted-down the apps maximal settings to 8x speed, I now, so far, I have been able to go back and redownload successfully all the longer videos that were only partially completed and showing queue errors. It seems that with you tube (only), the app craps out prematurely if expected packets/segments have seemingly insignificant delays under the max speed setting. For this YouTube project, I've adjusted down these settings and may have 100% solution doing so, but I would say this is a bug in that this seems to be required for YouTube to have successful completions.

Are you working on Youtube now. My Youtube page was empty for a while and now it is picking up Youtube Movies when before it did not. Also the codec drop down box is also picking up VP9. Maybe I just have a magic computer!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Summer School VP9.jpg
    Summer School VP9.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 12
lol, i havent tried youtube since last time i reported i cant download a single file from YT without either module freezing or videos being corrupt. i tried it now and now im getting nothing. blank page and AS asking me to import session from browser. WTH? why i dont even get the landing page to load without being logged in? latest version of AS, btw.

edit: tried to yolo it and just enter a search term and... lol... it actually works. no landing page, but youtube is actually loaded? weird. thankfully, downloaded 5-6 videos, at first some slight freezes but all downloaded fine at unlimited speed and none of the files were corrupted. so... i guess... im happy? but in all seriousness, no landing page is not a bug, a feature? thanks. great work, RF!

Last edited:
lol, i havent tried youtube since last time i reported i cant download a single file from YT without either module freezing or videos being corrupt. i tried it now and now im getting nothing. blank page and AS asking me to import session from browser. WTH? why i dont even get the landing page to load without being logged in? latest version of AS, btw. thanks.
I got a blank page to; then I imported the cookies and got the landing page. It seems to be working after that just different. Maybe they are making adjustments to Youtube. I did not have to log in.

I got a blank page to; then I imported the cookies and got the landing page. It seems to be working after that just different. Maybe they are making adjustments to Youtube. I did not have to log in.
yeah, i will try that as well, although does import of cookies work if they are not login cookies? anyways, does AS support 4k in YT? i cant remember, and im stoked to grab some old school commie era russian cinematography gems from mosfilms channel. 'The Crown of Russian Empire, Part One' is one of their latest uploads and YT reports 4k in browser, but am getting only 1080p in AS. is it the same on your end? thanks. cheers!

It ean only pick up on unencrypted movies, which it always could., movies that are uploaded by a person that downloaded them with a program like AnyStream. It cannot pick up anything from YouTube movies and TV. YouTube blank page is by design it’s not a bug. We found that most people searched for what they want and anything that was on the screen was never downloaded. Nobody can login to YouTube..

yeah, i will try that as well, although does import of cookies work if they are not login cookies? anyways, does AS support 4k in YT? i cant remember, and im stoked to grab some old school commie era russian cinematography gems from mosfilms channel. 'The Crown of Russian Empire, Part One' is one of their latest uploads and YT reports 4k in browser, but am getting only 1080p in AS. is it the same on your end? thanks. cheers!
Yes I only see 1080p for The Crown of Russian Empire, Part One on my end but I do see a lot of 4K and some 8K stuff to. Thank You! Cheers!

Attachments

• HD PinkFloyd.jpg
    HD PinkFloyd.jpg
    230.8 KB · Views: 4
Yes I only see 1080p for The Crown of Russian Empire, Part One on my end but I do see a lot of 4K and some 8K stuff to. Thank You! Cheers!
ok, cool. thanks for the info. yeah, btw. great YT channel. too bad not all are subtitled. cheers!

YouTube blank page is by design it’s not a bug. We found that most people searched for what they want and anything that was on the screen was never downloaded. Nobody can login to YouTube..
ooooh, ok. did not know that. lastt time i remember there was a landing page, i guess thats a thing of the past. cool. thanks! keep up the good work.

What was on the landing page was so random, that it was useless. YouTube has a library of clips and films so large it would be very hard to put what is popular on that landing page. If you are interested in a topic, just search and it will appear.

So, yeah - YouTube is now a blank page. Wasn't when I started this thread.
Also agree, when it does "work" the interface is hard to work with as it does not give you a channel's site page (nonetheless a channels playlist listing).

But all the videos I had on que yesterday completed - it just took a long time. Definitely an issue related to speed settings where YouTube simply doesn't keep up with the non-limited speed option expectations.

I'd like to go for more videos and like the classic stuff unavailable commercially - but as has been mentioned, it's now a blank page.

Thanks for everyone's feedback and efforts on this - I really appreciate that. But please fix :)

Please rad the post above yours. The blank page is going to stay blank. Until you search for what you want it will be shown.

But all the videos I had on que yesterday completed - it just took a long time. :)
mine as well, completed. not that slow, but i in the end went with youtube-dl-gui. up to 100MB/s, but it varies extremely. did 50 gigs in matter of minutes. ok, 15 minutes, lol. AS would take twice as much and IDM 50x as much, dunno why.

Yeah, but the point is, without changing your default setting for "Limit download speed" off Unlimited, the downloads fail. As this limits all provider download speeds, this work around sucks. It should SUCCESSFULLY download no matter how slow on the unlimited speed option (which I have always used successfully on all other providers).

Back