• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Multiple "Main Feature" Titles--do you need them all?

SkyLiner

I do most of my BD ripping using CloneBD and I manually select the Titles I want instead of doing a complete 1:1 copy. It seems that most BDs have multiple "Main Feature" titles. I'm looking at Beauty and the Beast right now, it has 3 "Main Feature" titles, the first one is 1:31:44, the 2nd and 3rd ones are 1:24:54...a few minutes shorter than the first one. Since I don't really know why there are multiple "Main Feature" titles, I normally select them all when ripping to ISO...as when adding the 2nd and 3rd ones it only increases the file size by a few GB. Today I tried only selecting the 1st Main Feature title and when playing back the ISO, it seemed fine.

My question is this: What are those additional "Main Feature" titles?--and do you need them when you manually select your titles in CloneBD?

Thanks in advance

My question is this: What are those additional "Main Feature" titles?--and do you need them when you manually select your titles in CloneBD?
There are a few reasons for those, like "threatrical/director's/extended" versions or specific variants for different countries (some languages not accessible in playlist 1, that are accessible in playlist 2 - maybe for licensing reasons, I don't really know).
Since they usually reference mostly the same clips, it doesn't hurt to add them all, as long as you copy to BD format.

Last edited:
I'm looking at Beauty and the Beast right now, it has 3 "Main Feature" titles, the first one is 1:31:44, the 2nd and 3rd ones are 1:24:54...a few minutes shorter than the first one.

As Pete has already said it can be different reasons.
In this case, Beauty and the Beast has 3 different versions - Extended, Theatrical & Storyboard (or Sing along depending on which edition).
Most retail Blu-ray's list on the front or back case what editions/cuts they include, worth always taking a quick look to see if they do tell you :)

Thank you guys for the wonderful answers, I always appreciate how quick you answer with these things!

I suppose the best thing to do is just select all of the main feature titles then, since they hardly add any more size to the files being created and they may have additional features that people may want to watch some day.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Back