Multi episode TV DVDs

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by prrthd, Sep 16, 2007.

1. prrthd

prrthd New Member

Hello all,

I am sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find it with my searches. I have a ton of TV show DVDs and each one has 4-5 episodes on them. I am looking for a way to put each of the episodes in a separate folder so I can encode them as separate episodes instead of just one big combo file. I am currently doing this by hand by going back, deselecting one episode and then selecting the next one then changing the path to where I rip it to. I really need to find a better way of doing this. Is there a way now to do this in clonedvd or is there a que option that will be available in the future?

Thanks

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

I'm afraid the answer is no.

Not that I'm aware of. You can certainly make suggestions to Elaborate Bytes if you wish. http://www.elby.ch/products/clone_dvd/support.php

3. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

CloneDVD mobile would probably work a lot better in this situation via the VOB file (passthrough) method rather than CloneDVD2.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
  4. prrthd

prrthd New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. This next question should probably go in the 3rd party forum, but I will ask here anyway. Is there another piece of software that would do this for me?

Thanks again.

5. DrinkLyeAndDie

You could try a trial version of Slysoft CloneDVD mobile using the VOB file (passthrough) mode. Or you can pick Generic DivX as the output format. Select the episodes in the window which is rather similar to CloneDVD's UI and then rip them all at once. Each title will be ripped to the name you pick appended with "_T<number of the titleset>". Then you can rename the files and there is each episode in its own VOB file. Play around with the program a bit. It may be just what you are looking for.

6. prrthd

prrthd New Member

Thanks, I will definitely do that. Quick question if you have ever used AutoGK before, will it do single pass 100% quality to XVID/AVI? I am backing up my DVD collection to my new 1.5TB media server and streaming it through xbox media center. So I am more concerned about quality than compression.

7. DrinkLyeAndDie

Sorry, I've honestly never really used AutoGK so I can't answer that question. :(

My understanding is CloneDVD mobile uses mencoder for the conversion to AVI (Xvid). You can select 1-pass, 2-pass or 3-pass. You also can select the quality. IOW it shows the estimated output filesize and kbps as you adjust the slider bar for quality. The resolution can be adjusted as well.

If you have a fair amount of space [which you do :D] then I'd just say go with the VOB file (passthrough) mode and keep the quality of the original but yet have the episodes nicely separated.

8. prrthd

prrthd New Member

Thanks for the info, I will check it out and see if it will do what I want.

9. DrinkLyeAndDie

I was glad to help. I hope you like the results. :)

10. DrinkLyeAndDie

This thread might be best moved into the CloneDVD mobile forum (?).