• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Multi episode TV DVDs

prrthd

Hello all,

I am sure this has been asked before but I can't seem to find it with my searches. I have a ton of TV show DVDs and each one has 4-5 episodes on them. I am looking for a way to put each of the episodes in a separate folder so I can encode them as separate episodes instead of just one big combo file. I am currently doing this by hand by going back, deselecting one episode and then selecting the next one then changing the path to where I rip it to. I really need to find a better way of doing this. Is there a way now to do this in clonedvd or is there a que option that will be available in the future?

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. This next question should probably go in the 3rd party forum, but I will ask here anyway. Is there another piece of software that would do this for me?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the quick reply. This next question should probably go in the 3rd party forum, but I will ask here anyway. Is there another piece of software that would do this for me?

Thanks again.

You could try a trial version of Slysoft CloneDVD mobile using the VOB file (passthrough) mode. Or you can pick Generic DivX as the output format. Select the episodes in the window which is rather similar to CloneDVD's UI and then rip them all at once. Each title will be ripped to the name you pick appended with "_T<number of the titleset>". Then you can rename the files and there is each episode in its own VOB file. Play around with the program a bit. It may be just what you are looking for.

Last edited:
Thanks, I will definitely do that. Quick question if you have ever used AutoGK before, will it do single pass 100% quality to XVID/AVI? I am backing up my DVD collection to my new 1.5TB media server and streaming it through xbox media center. So I am more concerned about quality than compression.

Thanks, I will definitely do that. Quick question if you have ever used AutoGK before, will it do single pass 100% quality to XVID/AVI? I am backing up my DVD collection to my new 1.5TB media server and streaming it through xbox media center. So I am more concerned about quality than compression.

Sorry, I've honestly never really used AutoGK so I can't answer that question. :(

My understanding is CloneDVD mobile uses mencoder for the conversion to AVI (Xvid). You can select 1-pass, 2-pass or 3-pass. You also can select the quality. IOW it shows the estimated output filesize and kbps as you adjust the slider bar for quality. The resolution can be adjusted as well.

If you have a fair amount of space [which you do :D] then I'd just say go with the VOB file (passthrough) mode and keep the quality of the original but yet have the episodes nicely separated.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I will check it out and see if it will do what I want.

Back