• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

MKV with Permanent Subs AND Selectable in one go...

dbG33K

Hi all. I've been using CloneBD for years and there's one feature I've been hoping gets added. For some context, when I rip my movies and shows, if it has any forced sub dialogue (generally dialogue in another language) I want that track burned into the image. All of my viewers are primarily English-speakers, so they all need those particular subtitles. The problem is not all players seem to properly support the forced subtitle track, so hardcoding those subs is the necessary move.

Now, CloneBD does this and it does it perfectly fine. The problem is, I still want to include the full subtitles for all my content, in the event the viewer is hard of hearing, or needs to keep their volume down, etc. When I create the MKV under the "with Permanent Subtitles" option, you only choose one sub track (the forced sub, or whichever one with only the foreign dialogue) and that's the burned-in one. If I want to also have the full subs on the file, I have to run CloneBD again under the "MKV with Selectable Subs" method, potentially switching to a different subtitle track, run it, then mux together the subs from Run #2 into the file created from Run #1... Many manual steps for something that I think could be built into the program.

TLDR; my request is that CloneBD's "MKV with Permanent Subs" method should include an option for also generating selectable subs all in one execution of the program.

Is this programatically possible? A likely enhancement to be made? Or is it already possible and I've just completely missed it all these years?

Thanks!
-dbG33K

Back