Media is CSS protected

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by sweetmarie, Feb 6, 2007.

1. sweetmarie

sweetmarie Member

Hello, I am new here and I'm an alcoholic. Just kidding:rolleyes:
    When inserting a dvd then checking the settings, among others there is one that states"Media is CSS protected" but it doesn't state below if the protection was removed? Just wondering if this is normal. Thanks anyone.

2. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

When you insert a DVD with AnyDVD on, the little fox will change colors, when it changes back to normal, it has removed protections. It doesn't actually say it has removed them.

3. sweetmarie

sweetmarie Member

If you right click on the fox and select settings, there is a log. I thought this log was a detail on what ANY dvd had performed.

4. DetroitBaseball

If the log is enabled.

5. sweetmarie

sweetmarie Member

I guess all I want to know is this a problem? Like this is my first day with ANYDVD, but I guess you've figured that out by now.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  6. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

It's normal.

7. DetroitBaseball

That's what a DVD does when you insert it while AnyDVD is running, in most cases it should like similar to that. It removes all protections even though it says that it is CSS protected. It's normal behavior.

8. sweetmarie

sweetmarie Member

thanks for your time:clap:
    How did you know I was referring to The Guardian movie?

9. DetroitBaseball

I didn't. I just grabbed it because I knew it was sitting out on my TV stand. I wanted to show you an example quickly. So you were referring to that movie? What a coincidence.

10. sweetmarie

sweetmarie Member

No kidding, I thought I was being hacked. I looked over my shoulder!!:bowdown:
    If I was more pc literate I would post what anydvd looks like for my movie, just to compare.
    Update:I just printed your version to compare and it's the same as mine, success!!