• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Media is CSS protected

sweetmarie

Hello, I am new here and I'm an alcoholic. Just kidding:rolleyes:
When inserting a dvd then checking the settings, among others there is one that states"Media is CSS protected" but it doesn't state below if the protection was removed? Just wondering if this is normal. Thanks anyone.

When you insert a DVD with AnyDVD on, the little fox will change colors, when it changes back to normal, it has removed protections. It doesn't actually say it has removed them.

If you right click on the fox and select settings, there is a log. I thought this log was a detail on what ANY dvd had performed.

I guess all I want to know is this a problem? Like this is my first day with ANYDVD, but I guess you've figured that out by now.

Last edited:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 6.1.1.4)
SONY DVD-ROM DDU1615 FDS3 JUL05 ,2006
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2069648 sectors (4042 MBytes)
Total size: 3959051 sectors (7732 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: THE_GUARDIAN
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
Found & removed wrong DVD structure!
Found & removed Macrovision RipGuard protection!
Found & removed error zones between files!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Found & removed invalid program from program chain!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 2 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

That's what a DVD does when you insert it while AnyDVD is running, in most cases it should like similar to that. It removes all protections even though it says that it is CSS protected. It's normal behavior.

thanks for your time:clap:
How did you know I was referring to The Guardian movie?

thanks for your time:clap:
How did you know I was referring to The Guardian movie?
I didn't. I just grabbed it because I knew it was sitting out on my TV stand. I wanted to show you an example quickly. So you were referring to that movie? What a coincidence.

No kidding, I thought I was being hacked. I looked over my shoulder!!:bowdown:
If I was more pc literate I would post what anydvd looks like for my movie, just to compare.
Update:I just printed your version to compare and it's the same as mine, success!!

Last edited:
Back