• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Mechanic Resurrection Playback Issues

Nick UK

Hi,

Another victim of Liongate / Sony / Screenpass here.

Trying to playback Mechanic Resurrection and title is jumping about all over the place. TMT3 shows a blank screen. VLC shows titles up to 212. Log file attached and status window details below.

Barcode: 5 055761 908596

AnyDVD Status:
Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.1.1.0, BDPHash.bin 17-04-03)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-209D 1.20 14/04/08PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2
Drive supports AACS version: 1

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 18260448 sectors (35664 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: MECHANIC_RESURRECTION
Media is AACS protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 62
Removed AACS copy protection!
Determined region(s): B
Blu-ray standard region lock adjusted to Region B!
Removed annoying trailers!
Removed UOPs!
Removed Sony structural copy protection!
Java BD protection good playlists: 294, 309

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.1.0_Info_D_MECHANIC_RESURRECTION.ziplog
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
VLC isn't a licensed player so it picks up a random playlist which is usually wrong, in thise case one with scrambled scenes. That TMT3 shows a blank screen isn't unusual. It got superseeded by TMT6 a long time ago and Arcsoft stopped developping even that. Long story short, you probably need a different player. Try PowerDVD and i'll bet it'll play just fine.

It's not the choice of player that is the problem, it's this awful Screenpass junk in these titles. I can't even play the original disc.

Without boring you why, I've stuck with TMT3 because of the Windows Media Centre / MyMovies integration.

I know I need to change completely my setup soon, but job for another day!

Right now, I'd just like to play this disc back.

No it's your player or this setting.

Removed annoying trailers!

AnyDVD cannot 100% correctly identify which clips are 100% needed or arent needed. Undo that setting and see if that helps. If you must remove unwanted clips, use CloneBD to do it the good way.

Other than that, that disc is handled just fine as you can see the correct playlists mentioned in the anydvd status window

Java BD protection good playlists: 294, 309

pretty sure MyMovies handles PowerDVD too

It's not the choice of player that is the problem, it's this awful Screenpass junk in these titles. I can't even play the original disc.

Without boring you why, I've stuck with TMT3 because of the Windows Media Centre / MyMovies integration.

I know I need to change completely my setup soon, but job for another day!

Just select one of the playlist numbers mentioned (mpls) in the AnyDvDHD status window and all will be well.

VLC isn't a licensed player so it picks up a random playlist which is usually wrong, in thise case one with scrambled scenes.
As far as I can tell, VLC doesn't pick any playlist at all, it plays back the m2ts files in some order.

I recommend creating a single, lossless MKV file from the main movie with the free version of CloneBD. That will play on both your players.

Back