• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Max [subscriptions]

SamuriHL

UHD Guru
It's being reported that Max has gone rogue with their subscriptions. Those of you who get it from a third-party no longer have DV/ATMOS *AND* no way to upgrade without buying a full top tier subscription. What a load of BS! I read that one Google Play subscriber (the same as how I subscribe) no longer has DV/ATMOS either. Their comment was "so much for honoring the legacy users". YIKES! So far my annual subscription through Google Play still has DV/ATMOS. There's no option anywhere to upgrade it so if they take it away before my year is up, I'm going to be very pissed off unless they provide a way to upgrade the rest of my year. I really don't think they have a strategy here. Other than some CEO saying "make money! NOW!!!" Total nonsense and great way to piss off your customer base.

can't say anything other than the world is turning upside down

The streaming services are all in the red. And greedy ceos don't like that. Expect more pain to come.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Oh yea? Is that why they're begging people to watch the witcher season 3? LOL
A friend of mine made a killing by buying their equity offering about a year ago. He got in at 174.00 and just got out at 425.00, that's in a little over a year, so they can't be doing that bad.

A friend of mine made a killing by buying their equity offering about a year ago. He got in at 174.00 and just got out at 425.00, that's in a little over a year, so they can't be doing that bad.

They all will be. Netflix won't be immune. They've been around longer, yes but they're still spending an insane amount on content right now. Even Disney can't do that for very long without massive repercussions. There's a reason Netflix started offering an ad tier and cracked down on password sharing. The analysts just haven't caught up with their bottom line figures yet, but when they do, their stock will drop.

They all will be. Netflix won't be immune. They've been around longer, yes but they're still spending an insane amount on content right now. Even Disney can't do that for very long without massive repercussions. There's a reason Netflix started offering an ad tier and cracked down on password sharing. The analysts just haven't caught up with their bottom line figures yet, but when they do, their stock will drop.
So you're saying I should short the stock at 438.00 (closing price today?) :unsure: The analysts have a 700.00 price target for 2023.

So you're saying I should short the stock at 458.00 (closing price today?) :unsure: The analysts have a 700.00 price target for 2023.

No I'm definitely not giving stock advice. If I could do that I'd be retired already. You can't time when it'll happen. They may be able to keep the train moving along the track for a while. Certainly longer than most of the ones that spent tons of money to try to catch up with them. Netflix created the streaming business. They are extremely good at it. BUT, even they aren't immune to the price pressures of modern content creation and consumption. Bandwidth costs money. Content costs money. Consumers aren't going to be keen on forking over 20 bucks a month unless the content is TOP notch. That is why they're begging people to watch Witcher season 3. Which, quite frankly, I will do, but, it wasn't a day 1 OMGZ PONIES must watch. Same with Lincoln Lawyer season 2 that just came out. I will definitely watch but I'm not in a rush.

No I'm definitely not giving stock advice. If I could do that I'd be retired already. You can't time when it'll happen. They may be able to keep the train moving along the track for a while. Certainly longer than most of the ones that spent tons of money to try to catch up with them. Netflix created the streaming business. They are extremely good at it. BUT, even they aren't immune to the price pressures of modern content creation and consumption. Bandwidth costs money. Content costs money. Consumers aren't going to be keen on forking over 20 bucks a month unless the content is TOP notch. That is why they're begging people to watch Witcher season 3. Which, quite frankly, I will do, but, it wasn't a day 1 OMGZ PONIES must watch. Same with Lincoln Lawyer season 2 that just came out. I will definitely watch but I'm not in a rush.
You know I was just pulling your leg about shorting the stock, I never had enough cash to buy any stock in my whole life, much less know anything about the equity markets. I happen to think (in the past) Netflix has had some of the best series ever. I loved Ozark, I really like Breaking Bad, etc. I could name dozens of NF stuff I liked. So I was thinking they may come up with a few more.

They absolutely will. Lincoln Lawyer is another example. Cobra Kai (bought from Youtube). Witcher. All great stuff. The question is if they have a dearth of new content, will people keep paying them or will they take some time off, then binge watch it all in one month. There's a serious argument to be made for people doing the latter as the price keeps going up.

They absolutely will. Lincoln Lawyer is another example. Cobra Kai (bought from Youtube). Witcher. All great stuff. The question is if they have a dearth of new content, will people keep paying them or will they take some time off, then binge watch it all in one month. There's a serious argument to be made for people doing the latter as the price keeps going up.
I am old, I can only watch so much stuff, if I watched all the stuff I wanted to see in one month my life would have to stop. I would turn into a couch potato. I watch one episode of a series a night, that's it. And if I think I would ever watch it again I download it. I love old stuff, like " The Shield" 7 seasons. Thats my kind of stuff LOL.

I am old, I can only watch so much stuff, if I watched all the stuff I wanted to see in one month my life would have to stop. I would turn into a couch potato. I watch one episode of a series a night, that's it. And if I think I would ever watch it again I download it. I love old stuff, like " The Shield" 7 seasons. Thats my kind of stuff LOL.
Heh, heh That's what AS is for - Subscribe for a month maybe 2, download what you want, then drop'em (at least least until it's worth re-subscribing for new content).

I never wanted to subscribe to a streaming service. Then I found AS and things changed. I still don't like the streaming model but the world will move on, weather I do or not.

In the past, with a cable subscription, I choose whatever tier and premiums and just pay by the month - month-in and month-out. With the streaming services I have very little problem dropping there services once I have the content I want (and if I can get a trial period, so much the better)

It's being reported that Max has gone rogue with their subscriptions. Those of you who get it from a third-party no longer have DV/ATMOS *AND* no way to upgrade without buying a full top tier subscription. What a load of BS! I read that one Google Play subscriber (the same as how I subscribe) no longer has DV/ATMOS either. Their comment was "so much for honoring the legacy users". YIKES! So far my annual subscription through Google Play still has DV/ATMOS. There's no option anywhere to upgrade it so if they take it away before my year is up, I'm going to be very pissed off unless they provide a way to upgrade the rest of my year. I really don't think they have a strategy here. Other than some CEO saying "make money! NOW!!!" Total nonsense and great way to piss off your customer base.

WB screwed that whole thing up must be losing money. They lauch it as HBOMAX but then decide the HBO name is hurting it? So they redo the entire platform and rebrand it as MAX as that's not supposed to be related to Cinamax (which WB also owns) but be Generic and that some how is going to make it a big hit?

Started off great, we were able to get 4k HDR vids at one point. Now it's crap. Lots of good content removed, new name that to me is dumb and lower quality for downloading.

Uh guess this is not going to last to long. Anyone who can remember WB's failed TV Network knows they have a history of not being able to do this kind of thing.

Yes, WB is one of my least favorite studios even if they do have content I like. They mismanage the hell out of it. I mean, they lost Nolan for crying out loud. That's not usually a good sign. LOL

Back