• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved MAX 4K

I get 4K on my FireTV's and ROKU for other things. They are set right. If I watch movies tagged with 4K and purchased from Amazon, that ported in via Movies Anywhere, or are part of Showtime and other channels subscriptions, I get 4K. Not sure why these "included with MAX didn't. I'll have to look at others and see how they come up. I wasn't sure if TBS is 720p upscaled like Fox, ABC and ESPN are. BUT at least Fox/ABC/ESPN is good quality 720p, it isn't noticeably different compared to the 1080i of other channels. TBS is not good, well at least not via Comcast's X1 boxes (it wasn't bad under the old cable boxes).

I'm also going to try logging out of the MAX app on my Roku and FireTV and back in to see what happens.

As for Comcast vs Amz... Yup, AMZ has HEVC and usually 640k EAC3. Where as Max is usually AVC and 256k or so audio. That is one of the reasons I subscribed via AMZ, well that and having all my subs in 1 place/app which makes it a lot easier finding and watching/downloading stuff.
Yeah...I mixed them up....I can still get 386k under HBOMAX....256k under MAX. New releases are 640k on both though.
I depend on the webpage itself.....I don't know why, but AS isn't listing hardly any content for MAX. That needs to be fixed.
I got shut down on that complaint though. You might need to ask Amazon why you aren't getting them 4K..could be an easy fix.

First off: great job getting 4K working on Max. Great selection of content unlocked now!

Is anyone else seeing subtitles truncated on 4k content? The subtitles are missing from (approx) the first 3rd of anything I've downloaded in 4K. I download as external .srt. HD content is fine.

Max is for USA viewers. I do belive the subtitles are limited.

Max is for USA viewers. I do belive the subtitles are limited.
I didn't explain it properly. I was downloading the english subs in external srt format. The srt file is created, but the subtitles for the first part of the video are missing. For example, I downloaded Meg 2 with both eng subtitles selected (the non-english-dialogue-only subs and the full english subs), however the first timestamp in each file is at the 50 minute mark. Subs are fine after that, but completely missing for the first section of the film.

Attached is a logfile for Barry S01E02 in 4K. Subtitles in the srt file don't start until 17 minutes into the video, but there is lots of dialogue before that.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.7.1.astlog
    656.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
FYI - for anyone looking for 4K content on Max, searching for "UHD" or "4K" in AS or even on Max web site only returns a small number of titles. I found this page from HD Report with a list of all of the 4K/UHD content on Max. So far all of the titles that I'm interested in, are indeed in 4K, but I can't guarantee how up to date this list is.

Tip: Click column headings in the page below to sort by New status, by Category (Series, Doc, movie), HDR type, etc.

Code:
https://hd-report.com/list-of-max-4k-hdr-atmos-movies-shows

I didn't explain it properly. I was downloading the english subs in external srt format. The srt file is created, but the subtitles for the first part of the video are missing. For example, I downloaded Meg 2 with both eng subtitles selected (the non-english-dialogue-only subs and the full english subs), however the first timestamp in each file is at the 50 minute mark. Subs are fine after that, but completely missing for the first section of the film.

Attached is a logfile for Barry S01E02 in 4K. Subtitles in the srt file don't start until 17 minutes into the video, but there is lots of dialogue before that.

I am also being this behaviour, subs are not being properly downloaded it seems

RE: Subtitles

Just to help diagnose, embedded subtitles in 4K HEVC content are good for me.

I embed subtitles, and just checked and see subtitles from the start of the movie/episode as normal.

Others may need to weigh in to confirm embedded subtitles are OK, but it may be the problem is only with external subtitle files.

This may be a MAX issue, I found a thread on Reddit, and the last post was 30 days ago. It mentions the show, Barry. But I only get descriptive on " Barry " from Max.

Barry Season 2 Ep 1.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed Mare of Easttown has some episodes in the one and only season in 4K, but others are 1080p. When I look in my Max app they all appear to be available in 4K. Is this a playlist issue in Anystream or something else?

I noticed Mare of Easttown has some episodes in the one and only season in 4K, but others are 1080p. When I look in my Max app they all appear to be available in 4K. Is this a playlist issue in Anystream or something else?
That show is only 1 season long and the first 2 are 1080p and all the rest are 4K Episodes 3-4-5-6-7. This rarely happens. We apologize for your disappointment.

That show is only 1 season long and the first 2 are 1080p and all the rest are 4K Episodes 3-4-5-6-7. This rarely happens. We apologize for your disappointment.
LOL. Not disappointed. Just curious. I own it on Blu so it isn't a big deal one way or the other.

Great to see 4K back on MAX.

I'm also seeing issues with some MAX titles with English Subtitles being drastically out of sync (seems like the subtitles start from mid movie). The title I've looked at in most detail is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Downloaded in 4K and when viewed in VLC, titles are off. If I stream it on my 4K TV (Sony Android TV App), sub title appears fine and in sync.

Also seen with Joker at 4K and at 1920. Streams fine with subtitles.

Log files for both attached. Also seeing it on several other titles, but not all. The Meg (in 4K) subtitles work fine. But Meg 2- The Trench (in 4k) are drastically off.

US based. No VPN.

RA

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.7.1_Joker.astlog
    638 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyStream_1.6.7.1_HP1.astlog
    647.4 KB · Views: 0
Great to see 4K back on MAX.

I'm also seeing issues with some MAX titles with English Subtitles being drastically out of sync (seems like the subtitles start from mid movie). The title I've looked at in most detail is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. Downloaded in 4K and when viewed in VLC, titles are off. If I stream it on my 4K TV (Sony Android TV App), sub title appears fine and in sync.

Also seen with Joker at 4K and at 1920. Streams fine with subtitles.

Log files for both attached. Also seeing it on several other titles, but not all. The Meg (in 4K) subtitles work fine. But Meg 2- The Trench (in 4k) are drastically off.

US based. No VPN.

RA

You need to start your own thread...this has been marked as resolved.
As for the subtitles....they aren't out of sync...they are missing for the first part of the movies. They do download correctly, so it appears a problem
in AS...but like I said...you'll need to start your own thread and post the logs again.

Fyi....

Starting next month (December 5), Max is changing up the ad-free plan for legacy users, removing the ability to stream 4K titles with Dolby Atmos.

Edit: this does impact my subscription through Amazon Channels. I just got an email from Max about it.

EDIT1: And I just got the email for my Max account connected to Comcast/Xfinity... so it impacts that one too.

Last edited:
Fyi....

top-tier plan $149 a year

Fyi....

Edit: this does impact my subscription through Amazon Channels. I just got an email from Max about it.
If I remember correctly, the Ultimate Plan was $20.99 on Amazon before they pulled it for MAX, but that also included Discovery access. Then, I also remember them dropping it to $19.99 and think that then excluded Discovery.....not positive though.

Ultimate MAX is $199.99 per year.....so if you stuck with Amazon, you'd pay $40 more a year....assuming they brought back Ultimate to Amazon.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, the Ultimate Plan was $20.99 on Amazon before they pulled it for MAX, but that also included Discovery access. Then, I also remember them dropping it to $19.99 and think that then excluded Discovery.....not positive though.

Ultimate MAX is $199.99 per year.....so if you stuck with Amazon, you'd pay $40 more a year....assuming they brought back Ultimate to Amazon.
My plan through Amazon is $20 per month which includes Max and Cinemax.

Its looking like the only way to get Max Ultimate is if you subscribe through Max directly, which means only using the Max app. I think I mentioned earlier, the main reason I subscribe via Amazon is so that all my subscribed content is in one place.. I really hate having to switch apps, or remembering what is where. Plus downloading from Amazon most of the time results in better PQ and Audio than when downloading directly from Max. For now, I can live without 4K when that switch happens.

But its time to make sure I downloaded everything 4K from Max before Dec 5 :D

My main reason for posting about about the upcoming change was for those in the same boat as me, get Max due to cable or Amazon subscription, who will likely lose 4K content.

Better buy a new hard drive, I have some that are over 30GB/s in size. ;)
The 4K's from Max I've downloaded have been between 15gig (Meg 2) and 25 gig (IT Chapter 2). A far cry from some of my 4K Disc rips like MI Dead Reckoning Part 1 at 72gig or The Hobbit (Theatrical) at 66gig :D And lets not talk about The Lord of the Rings Extended trilogy (coming in at 108-127gig EACH). :oops:

But its ok, I still have 16tb free on my one pool, and 18TB on the other.

Back