• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

man in black 3

I have trouble backing up MIB 3
were do i input the log file

I have trouble backing up MIB 3
were do i input the log file

Please open a new thread of your own and then just attach the log file to your post.

The easiest way to play a Cinavia infected title right now is to rip as movie only and play on an HTPC: it consolidates fragmented files into a single file so no jumping around (buffering issues) and because of no menu, existing software can play it back plus Cinavia is not supported in the usual freeware software player apps.

You are. :) For commercial blu-rays it's been a 20 minute period. It can be set to whatever they want, though. For theatrical releases (i.e. not for home viewing) the limit is less than a minute. This is controlled by the Cinavia signal.
Thanks for correcting me. But the difference you're talking about is, AFAIK, actually two different Cinavia signals; the one in theatrical releases is interpreted by the player as "stop ASAP", while the one in BDs & DVDs is interpreted as "mute after 20 minutes". Still, that provides only two choices for the studios; unless there's a hidden timing field in the watermark, the studios can't vary the timing of the "stop" and "mute" commands like they can with Screen Pass.

The easiest way to play a Cinavia infected title right now is to rip as movie only and play on an HTPC: it consolidates fragmented files into a single file so no jumping around (buffering issues) and because of no menu, existing software can play it back plus Cinavia is not supported in the usual freeware software player apps.
I think you're confusing Cinavia with Screen Pass. Though both involve (a) detection of AACS removal, (b) a "copy detected" error message and (c) support by arms of Sony (Screen Pass was developed by Sony DADC, its disc-manufacturing unit; Cinavia is most commonly used on Sony Pictures titles), they are completely different protection schemes. (Edit: In theory you could use both on the same title, but AFAIK that hasn't happened yet.)

Screen Pass uses a combination of playlist obfuscation (i.e., fragmented files) and a lack-of-AACS app built into the BD-Java menu; the playlists can place the error message anywhere in the movie. Cinavia uses firmware in newer stand-alone players, or software code in PS3 system software and newer PC software players, to detect both lack of AACS and an inaudible steganographic watermark embedded in the audio signal; its player-generated error messages appear only in specific places (see above).

Fragmented movie files are a symptom of Screen Pass, not Cinavia. Also, a movie-only copy of a Cinavia title will not play in a player with Cinavia as the watermark survives virtually all user-initiated transformations (transcoding, analog copying, etc.)

Making a movie-only copy of the correct playlist takes care of buffering issues on Screen Pass titles, no matter what player you use. Using an unlicensed software player bypasses Cinavia, no matter what kind of copy you made (or even if you're playing the original with AnyDVD HD active), because it does not contain the Cinavia detection code; the watermark is still there, but without the detection code it's useless.

P.S.: Let's shut this thread down. The OP is long gone, and it's turned into a Cinavia discussion which does not really belong in the AnyDVD HD forum.

Last edited:
Thanks for correcting me. But the difference you're talking about is, AFAIK, actually two different Cinavia signals; the one in theatrical releases is interpreted by the player as "stop ASAP", while the one in BDs & DVDs is interpreted as "mute after 20 minutes". Still, that provides only two choices for the studios; unless there's a hidden timing field in the watermark, the studios can't vary the timing of the "stop" and "mute" commands like they can with Screen Pass.

There are 3 known types of Cinavia signals that I'm aware of. Message 1 is for theatrical releases, and those get under 30 seconds or less. Message 2 is I have NFI. :) Message 3 is for BD/DVD, and the time limit is embedded in the signal. It's NOT constant....it's just what the studios are using at the moment. They CAN vary it from what I've read. Cinavia is FAR more complicated than people think. The algorithm can read information from the signal. It's nasty. So if they want to change it on future BD/DVD discs....they can by changing the signal. Now, I said there's 3 TYPES of signals.....however, each of those types have MANY variations that the Cinavia algorithm can read. In any case, just know that if they wanna change the time limit, they can. And the players don't need to be updated to do so.

It means I have No Freaking Idea what message 2 is used for. I don't believe anyone's ever seen it.
According to the Cinavia website, message codes 2 & 4 both mean "copying stopped"; from the details of each I suspect they're triggered by the same watermark signals as codes 1 & 3, respectively. (The reason we don't see them is simple: Our copy tools don't need no stinkin' BDA badges like Cinavia. ;) )

According to the Cinavia website, message codes 2 & 4 both mean "copying stopped"; from the details of each I suspect they're triggered by the same watermark signals as codes 1 & 3, respectively. (The reason we don't see them is simple: Our copy tools don't need no stinkin' BDA badges like Cinavia. ;) )

ROFLMAO! Fair enough. Always good to learn more about Cinavia. :)

You were correct that with SM enabled or disabled, it had nothing to do with the problem being corrected with making MIB 3 successfully because The Dark Knight Rises didn't playback properly with SM on/off. I just had the same thing happen with the video freezing but audio continuing, as has another user on the doom9 forum with this same problem. The only difference with SM on/off (on my backed up discs) is that the picture froze @ different segments/spots/locations etc.... The doom9 user stated that his rip froze at the same point as his movie playback.
My thoughts...possibly a bug from Anydvdhd 7.1.2.1 to 7.1.2.2 since the rip has the same error or maybe the other real headache...Cinavia....

Not sure what to do.
Log file post?? However, there appears to already be a logfile posted now!

It's more likely that you have a bad disk. Defective disks are not unique, even if they physically appear to be pristine, they are likely part of a bad batch. To have a bad disk fail in the same place as someone else's disk (after it's been vetted by Slysoft, which MIB3 has) usually means that the disk is from the same bad batch.

And as Peer pointed out, if you really think you have a new problem, start a new thread because this one is getting too obscure.

BTW, defective disks are not uncommon. I always look at the disks before I put them in my blu ray drives. Often you can spot an obvious crack. But A disk that is manufactured without physical defects will not break that easily.

But anyway, AnyDVDHD decodes all known versions of MIB3 fine. so far. As long as the original doesnt have a huge crack in it ;0

Last edited:
I think you're confusing Cinavia with Screen Pass.

No: just pointing out a method to play Cinavia infected titles on an HTPC with freeware player that also removes other associated impediments.

It's much easier to play a title with a basic HTPC player, without glitches, by creating a single file structure that doesn't depend on playlists or menus. It should also theoretically help with the audio dropouts many are experiencing when bitstreaming some recent titles.

Seamless branching (fragmented files) isn't just used for Screen Pass protection: there have been many titles authored with fragmented files to meet specific presentation requirements (eg Theatrical/Extended editions) before Screen Pass was adopted.

Back