• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

man in black 3

Busch

have anyone try to backup man in black 3 yet!:bang: The Audio go out in the movie after 20 min,

Last edited:
have anyone try to backup man in black 3 yet!:bang:

Just guessing here. If you had problems with playback around 40 minutes n2 the movie or in between track 7-8 (I believe) OR where the the scene changes to the carnival scene....and the video freezes on the ferris wheel but the audio continues normally then you might try turning off the "speed menu" feature.
This happened to me. I only noticed because there was only 9+ gb of movie data on my 25gb blank disc, which I thought was very odd! Mine is set up for "movie only" & most of my movies use around 21gb. After disabling "SM" it ended up being around 21gb as usual & now plays fine.

Good luck

Just guessing here. If you had problems with playback around 40 minutes n2 the movie or in between track 7-8 (I believe) OR where the the scene changes to the carnival scene....and the video freezes on the ferris wheel but the audio continues normally then you might try turning off the "speed menu" feature.
This happened to me. I only noticed because there was only 9+ gb of movie data on my 25gb blank disc, which I thought was very odd! Mine is set up for "movie only" & most of my movies use around 21gb. After disabling "SM" it ended up being around 21gb as usual & now plays fine.

Good luck

I'm glad you fixed your problem, but it had nothing to do with speedmenus or MIB3. That sounds like a common re-encoding problem.

MIB3 worked ok for me. No problem with the latest AnyDVDHD beta.

BTW, that symptom of the video freezing and the audio continuing with a re-encode is symptomatic of a few corrupted frames that crash the frame server. It happens if a few dozen frames are corrupted from the recording.

Last edited:
I'm glad you fixed your problem, but it had nothing to do with speedmenus or MIB3. That sounds like a common re-encoding problem.

BTW, that symptom of the video freezing and the audio continuing with a re-encode is symptomatic of a few corrupted frames that crash the frame server. It happens if a few dozen frames are corrupted from the recording.

Thanks for the info.

dude2063, no problem. The last time I had that problem I had to edit out about 2 seconds of the movie to get rid of that problem. Glad you did not seem to have that problem :)

It can happen with a flaky backup and is usually due to a flaky source disk, not the fault of AnyDVD or the drive (usually not the drive, but that can happen too, but usually not the cause for a few lost frames).
BTW I never use "continue" if AnyDVD hits errors when backing up.
That is a nice option given by the grace of the AnyDVD Gurus by popular demand, but it rarely helps with a bad disk.

Last edited:
MIB 3 backed up fine for me with no frame drop out or freezes. This was an original disk though, and not a rental copy, so I don't know what the rental disks do.

And again ... no sign of the original

Anyone wondering like me what happened to the OP? I see this quite often.
There are "me too metoo" posters w/ or w/o the same symptom and side-issues but the OP fades into the background ...

All to farmiliar. Ask for a logfile and they vanish :)

I think it is safe to assume that MIB3 is working for everyone, so far. I missed Rip Torn (Z) though. Only downer. ;)

BTW, this is a 3D title too, curious if any problems with that version. I assume not, since no complaints, that I have seen.

Also, this is a recent Sony title that most likely has Cinavia protection, that corresponds to the OP's complaint.
But that is not an AnyDVDHD problem. It's a player problem.

Last edited:
Also, this is a recent Sony title that most likely has Cinavia protection, that corresponds to the OP's complaint.
But that is not an AnyDVDHD problem. It's a player problem.
Definitely. Though the OP claimed muted audio after 20 minutes (Cinavia should be after 10 minutes), Blu-ray.com shows Cinavia logos on the back of MIB3 packaging in the U.S. (both 2D & 3D), as well as a French retailer exclusive. (Edit: Being Sony, it probably has Cinavia in several other countries as well.)

Last edited:
Definitely. Though the OP claimed muted audio after 20 minutes (Cinavia should be after 10 minutes), Blu-ray.com shows Cinavia logos on the back of MIB3 packaging in the U.S. (both 2D & 3D), as well as a French retailer exclusive. (Edit: Being Sony, it probably has Cinavia in several other countries as well.)

Thanks for the confirmation on the labels.

But I have typically heard complaints of 19 minute delay with Cinavia muting, though it probably varies.

The thing that scares me about Cinavia right now is that the commercial software players are starting to embed it.

There is no easy solution to filter out Cinavia once it contaminates the audio track.

The easiest way to control Cinavia is to control the player so that it is not programmed to detect the signal.

PS I am still convinced this signal can be cancelled out if you have a perfect isolated copy of the original watermark that is timed with the audio track.
Theoretically, if you add back the original watermark 180 degrees out phase with the original contaminated track, you should be able to cancel out the cinavia signal completely. But it depends on perfect synch and phase tracking.

But you got to hand it to these Verance guys, their 'watermark' is so far impossible to remove completely, or at least no one has been motivated enough to defeat it yet :).

There is no protection that cannot be cracked eventually, with enough motivation. It's a futile cat and mouse game.
Consumers have a right to backup their media for fair use.

Last edited:
All my Cinavia disc kick in at around 20mins not 10

All my Cinavia disc kick in at around 20mins not 10

Thanks for the confirmation on the labels.

But I have typically heard complaints of 19 minute delay with Cinavia muting, though it probably varies.
IIRC it was originally 10 minutes; I could be wrong :doh:. Would that vary (a) by title, or (b) by player? For Screen Pass, it's easy for studios to vary delay timing in the playlist (it was originally zero but not for newer titles); but for Cinavia I'm almost certain the delay time must be hard-coded into the player and/or the watermark. I need to know that to re-test my handful of Cinavia titles with both PDVD11 and my (AFAIK) non-updated TMT5.

The thing that scares me about Cinavia right now is that the commercial software players are starting to embed it.

There is no easy solution to filter out Cinavia once it contaminates the audio track.

The easiest way to control Cinavia is to control the player so that it is not programmed to detect the signal.
Sounds like panic to me. Surely you know the easiest way to control Cinavia is to avoid Cinavia players completely (i.e., use an unlicensed or non-BD software player) when playing Cinavia titles.

PS I am still convinced this signal can be cancelled out if you have a perfect isolated copy of the original watermark that is timed with the audio track.
Theoretically, if you add back the original watermark 180 degrees out phase with the original contaminated track, you should be able to cancel out the cinavia signal completely. But it depends on perfect synch and phase tracking.

But you got to hand it to these Verance guys, their 'watermark' is so far impossible to remove completely, or at least no one has been motivated enough to defeat it yet :).
+1 on all of that, but to remove it that way you need (a) fully-decoded audio, which is why AnyDVD HD will almost certainly never be able to remove it, and (b) a perfect copy of the watermark, which I doubt presently exists anywhere other than Verance, mastering studios, and possibly SlySoft (even the vaporware company never claimed to have the full watermark).

There is no protection that cannot be cracked eventually, with enough motivation. It's a futile cat and mouse game.
Consumers have a right to backup their media for fair use.
That's why we're all waiting on (a) Slyce and (b) its future Cinavia-removal feature. :bowdown:8)

Last edited:
But you got to hand it to these Verance guys, their 'watermark' is so far impossible to remove completely, or at least no one has been motivated enough to defeat it yet

Yes, I would agree, I am beginning to think the delay is a legal problem as well as a technical audio problem. So the cat and mouse game continues, but, maybe the hill is too step for the mouse or cat to climb?

I am a small bit surprised a few unhappy employees at Verance have not jumped ship to the other side, there has got to be a few corporations that would hire ex Verance employees, or buy them out, to get their expertise on Cinavia.:agree:

Last edited by a moderator:

You were correct that with SM enabled or disabled, it had nothing to do with the problem being corrected with making MIB 3 successfully because The Dark Knight Rises didn't playback properly with SM on/off. I just had the same thing happen with the video freezing but audio continuing, as has another user on the doom9 forum with this same problem. The only difference with SM on/off (on my backed up discs) is that the picture froze @ different segments/spots/locations etc.... The doom9 user stated that his rip froze at the same point as his movie playback.
My thoughts...possibly a bug from Anydvdhd 7.1.2.1 to 7.1.2.2 since the rip has the same error or maybe the other real headache...Cinavia....

Not sure what to do.
Log file post?? However, there appears to already be a logfile posted now!

Last edited:
IIRC it was originally 10 minutes; I could be wrong :doh:.

You are. :) For commercial blu-rays it's been a 20 minute period. It can be set to whatever they want, though. For theatrical releases (i.e. not for home viewing) the limit is less than a minute. This is controlled by the Cinavia signal.

Back