• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Making a BD Movie with Nero 8 Ultra

I've got some verbatim BD-RE 25's that I use. No problems playing on my PS3 at all.

They work pretty well. I've had no issues with them so far.

I've been using my re-writables for about 18 months now with no problems

That's good to know. I've only had mine for a few short months and haven't written to them much. The fact that yours are still kicking after all that time is a good sign. I need to grab a dual layer RE or two. That'd make my life easier. Of course, I'd also like a burner in my desktop instead of relying on my laptop, but, that'll have to wait.

I have a Sony drive that's coming up to 2 years old in January, but have access to LG's at work

I love my LG drive. It's just not a burner. I'd like to upgrade.

235 USD with free shipping. Man that's sick. That's so tempting.

I can get them for about $218 at the current exchange rate

news

Made a backup of David Sevilles kids on a 25gb LG BD-RE and it played great on the PS3. Using the same procedures then burned the same files on a 50gb D/l TDK. Guess what? It failed on the PS-3! Trying a diffrent batch of the TDK's tommorrow. Will keep you all advised. Let me know which 50gb BD-re's you are using for playback on your PS=3's please. Will buy a Panasonic next.

Looks like my instinct was right on this one. Awesome.

Tdk

9 diffrent TDK discs from 3 batches, not a good burn among them! Trying Panasonic soon.

more news

Verified that the TDK's I boufgt are version 2.1, should be compatable with PS-3. Worked through a issue with disc not finalizing, went back to newest firmware version on my LG GGW-H20L. Still can't burn a dual layer disc that PS-3 will recognize.

Don't know what to say. I was watching a back up of Hancock last night on a DL BD-RE Panasonic disc with no problems

Yea, I'm out of ideas, too. Other than to try different media and see what happens.

WORKS! GGWH20L_YL04 and Roxio 10.2

Same Japanese v 2.1 TDK BD-re's. Changed burner software to Roxio 10.2 and applied a hack patch GGWH20L_YL04_VolumeID_Patch to my LG burner. Burn rate was about 1.0 but the concept works. Finally burned a backup 50gb using Slyysoft AnyDvd HD and burned the resulting ISO. This BD-RW now plays on my PS-3 v2.5 machine. Thanks to all who had the paitence to suffer through this with me, you folks :rock: Will try Nero and IMG burn later

Tutorial: How to make a Blu-ray Disc copy!

(diesen Thread in deutsch lesen)

Dear Blu-ray Disc fans,

again and again there're questions regarding copying a Blu-ray Disc. For that reason I'm writing the following tutorial.

Software you need:

- AnyDVD HD
- BDInfo
- tsMuxer
- Nero Burning ROM

1. Step: Saving a Blu-ray Disc with AnyDVD HD on the harddisk

Install AnyDVD HD on your system and run the software. Load the relevant Blu-ray Disc in your Blu-ray drive. AnyDVD HD will automatically check the Blu-ray Disc. Click the AnyDVD HD Icon in the task bar with the right mouse button and choose 'Settings'. Click on 'Video Blu-ray' and choose at least 'Enable Blu-ray support' and 'Remove BD+ protection'. It is recommended to check all boxes. Below there's the opportunity to activate 'Remove Blu-ray Region Code'. Click on 'Ok' to confirme the changes. Click the AnyDVD HD Icon in the task bar with the right mouse button and choose 'Rip Video DVD to Harddisk'. For 'Source Directory' choose the Blu-ray Disc drive, for 'Destination Directory' a place on your harddisk. Click on 'Copy DVD' to start the process. The duration dependents on the speed of your Blu-ray Disc drive.

2. Step: Analyze the Blu-ray Disc content

Start 'BDInfo' and click on 'Browse' to search for the Blu-ray Disc files on the harddisk. Choose the root directory of the Blu-ray, so that you can see the subdirectories 'BDMV' and 'CERTIFICATE', and click on 'Ok'. 'BDInfo' will now collect all the information of the Blu-ray Disc and shows the 'Playlists'. The main movie, as a general rule with the longest play time, is displayed at first position. Notice the filename of the '*.MPLS'. Using the example of 'Kung Fu Panda', it is the file '00020.MPLS'.

3. Step: Preparing the content for a BD-R/RE 25 GB blank Blu-ray Disc

The Blu-ray Disc movie 'Kung Fu Panda' contains 44,4 GB volume of data and doesn't fit on a 25 GB BD-R/RE blank Blu-ray Disc. With the help of 'tsMuxer' you can extract menu, extras and sound tracks to save capacity. Start 'tsMuxer' and click on 'add' for adding the playlist file of the main movie. Using the example 'Kung Fu Panda' the playlist is in the directory '\BDMV\PLAYLIST' and is called '00020.MPLS'. Automatically 'tsMuxer' collects all file informationen of the main movie. In the area 'Tracks' you can uncheck individual video-, sound- and subtitle tracks. If you choose only the HD-video track (H.264, 1080p, 24 fps) and the german sound (640 Kbps, 48 KHz, 6-channels) for instance, the size of 'Kung Fu Panda' can be reduced from 44,4 GB to 14,5 GB. The quality of picture and sound will be completely untouched. Click on 'Blu-ray' ahead and choose 'Custom chapter list' to apply the original chapters. Go back to 'Input', choose the conforming video- and sound tracks and click on 'Create Blu-ray Disc' in the area 'Output'. Choose a saving directory on your harddisk by clicking on 'Browse' where the new Blu-ray Disc files will be saved at. Finally click on 'Start muxing' to write the compilation on your harddisk. The duration dependents on the hardware configuration for your computer.

'tsMuxer' offers some more options. Click on 'Blu-ray' to adjust or deactivate the chapters. Click on 'Split & cut' to define at what file size or play time 'tsMuxer' should cut the files. This can be usefull for FAT formatted harddisks. Additional the beginning and the end of the movie can be cut by clicking on 'Cutting'. This is worthwhile if the filesize is minimal to large for a 25 GB BD-R/RE blank Blu-ray Disc. Click on 'Subtitles' to setup the display of the subtitles.

4. Step: Writing the new Blu-ray Disc content on a 25 GB BD-R/RE blank Blu-ray Disc

Start 'Nero Burning ROM' and choose the profile 'Blu-ray Disc (UDF)'. Click on 'Multisession' ahead and choose 'No Mulitsession'. Only then it's guaranteed, that the blank Blu-ray Disc will be compatible with Blu-ray Disc players. Now click on 'UDF', 'manual settings' and choose for the UDF partition type 'physical partition' and for the filesystemversion 'UDF 2.50'. Click on 'Burning' ahead and check the boxes 'Burning' and 'Finalize' and click on 'New' below. Now put the folders 'BDMW' and 'CERTIFICATE', created with 'tsMuxer', to your 'Nero Burning ROM' project and click on the burning icon or press CTRL+B. The duration dependents on the speed for your Blu-ray Disc drive.

I hope that my little tutorial can help you by producing a copy of your Blu-ray Disc movies. Kindly note, that I'm not a professionally english speaking person, so please forgive my mistakes. In case of suggestions, questions and commendation, just reply to this thread. I'm a normal user and no pro, so please correct me, if a mistake has slipped in here.

Greeting,
Protecus

Last edited:
Thanks for the guide, but it's pretty much all already covered in the sticky at the top of this forum and in the 'FAQ Read this first' sticky on the Anydvd HD forum

Back