• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

made .iso file from Blu-ray, now what?

I cant see were it gives me the option to chose which video I want. its just reading from the disc, then asking about audio tracks and what file like avchd or mkv I want?

Oh wait, there was one track at 2 hours, but double clicked it, and it brough up another track at 1 hour 57 min, then I just pressed next. is that right?

So sorry to be a pain,

I can't make a screen cap of it at the moment, but, it's the second screen that comes up when you start. The first being the screen to pick the disc and set the temp directories. When you click next, it'll show you a list of titles on the disc. It's very easy to just blow through it cause it doesn't look like there's anything to do on that screen. But there is. :) Highlight the second playlist it shows you, not the one it automagically picks. 9 times out of 10 it picks the right one. On some movies, it gets confused.

Yup got it, thats the one I was talking about, it just looks like a list of whats on the disc, but at the top, it has the main movie, which was over 2 hours, but if you click that it brings up another file which is a bit smaller.

Fingers crossed, will let you know

I think you're good to go now. Sorry for all the confusion, but, this is very much a learning process. Once you do it a few times it becomes second nature. When I run into playlist problems like this, I scan the disc with eac3to (or just use ClownBD and go to that second screen) and then load each playlist file (######.mpls) in MPC-HC. That's a freeware player that supports BD structures. That tells me if it's the right playlist or not. Not automated by any means, but, at least it's an option for finding the right one without too much trial and error.

Why cant we have something like DVDShrink, that was the dayz.

Put disc in and press go, and it does the rest.

Dont say sorry, if it wasnt for you and the rest, I would have a hammer in my pc right now,

The word you're looking for is "CloneBD" (of which ClownBD got its name). That is the product SlySoft is working on to do all this stuff as easily as we can do DVD's in CloneDVD. No ETA on a release date but they are hard at work trying to get it done. ClownBD suffices for now and is great at what it does.

Sweet, Must not be that easy to make programs like that.

I can see why Anydvd hd costs a bit, as does a great job and removes the codes faster than a ..... Well anyway.

Cant wait, so lets talk about when this is done, I am sure it will bring the file to the main movie now, but it will still be 43gb.

How do I get the file size down a tad, so the ac ryan will play it with no issues.

Keep the master audio, but file size to about 20-25gb ?

ok its all done it its brought up the main movie and it plays great on my PC but wont play on my AC RYAN, dont know why, it just wont start.

It made 4 M2TS files, and I know it can play master audio as its done it before.

Anything else I have to do?

:bang:

Should I be unticking boxes in the menu like ac3 audio dts audio, or just leave it the way it is.

Trying it again but not going to mess with anything.. LOL

Just checked and it has no audio so must have done something

Last edited:
A movie only copy...the one you're making now...will be significantly smaller in size. Let's see how that AVCHD folder comes out. That's all you need to keep. You do not need the temp stream files.

You can try unchecking the AVCHD checkbox on the main page before you create it. Other than that it should work fine so I'm not sure what's happening there for you.

Yes its the movie only, but I think I ticked or unticked something in the audio section, and there is no audio now.

I have now had to re-do... :bang:

But the file size is great, at about 17gb, so just now need to add some voices.. Ha ha and I will be good to go.

Please hurry with clonebd... :agree:

Yea, I wish on CloneBD, believe me. You'd have to talk to SlySoft on that one. :D

At 17 gigs something is definitely missing for sure. You want the DTS-HD MA track, and core (the checkbox below it) doesn't need to be checked but could be if you want. Then any subtitles you want to add. That should give you an image that works for you. All the AVCHD checkbox does is split up the m2ts files so that it'll fit on a fat formatted disk. It might do a few other things, I don't know, but it shouldn't break the structure at all. If it doesn't work after this next try, that would be my next step...uncheck that setting and see if a regular blu-ray structure works.

Next try... Thats all you said.. LOL

Sorry just re-read your post.. Will try that core thing

Last edited:
Ok just done it again, and it had some guy talking all the way through, like subtitles, but he was actually speaking.

And I left all settings.

This is hard work.

I'm ripping my new disc right now else I'd happily see if I could find the right MPLS file to use. It's just a matter of finding the right one. I don't know if off the top of my head, unfortunately.

I understand that this disc might be a bit hard to rip and it usually doesnt happen, but how are you supposed to know which file is right, without having to encode and try ?

Thanks

Oh PS anyone used Makemkv, looks really simples from the screen shots

Last edited:
I explained how I do it. Basically there's no easy way to automagically know which is the correct MPLS to use. eac3to, which is what ClownBD uses to scan the disc, tries to make a best guess, but, it can get it wrong. That's why it gives you the choice. What I do in those cases is bring up the list, and then open each one in MPC-HC (a freeware player that can play BD structures). You just load MPC-HC, use the quick open feature, and select the MPLS file that is shown in the ClownBD title selection screen. Play it and verify it's the right one. If not, check the next one until you find the title you're looking for.

As for MakeMKV, I use it, but, not for the decryption stuff. I use it with AnyDVD to make MKV backups of all my movies. It has the same title selection issues as everything else, however, so, while it's fairly easy, you still need to know which title to select.

I never new I could view them, will try that, thanks.

Fingers crossed again

Yup. I actually use MPC-HC + ffdshow + haali splitter to watch my MKV backups with full bitstreaming and PGS sub support, but, it can also play BD movies just fine. Like everything else, if you let it pick the playlist automatically it'll also get it wrong. It's using the same logic everyone else is using which is to generally pick the longest playlist and assume that's the main movie. MOST of the time that works out well. Other times it gets it wrong. Then there's the discs with theatrical and extended versions on them. Those can really be tricky. So yea, my method is to always check the MPLS in MPC-HC by opening it and playing it to see if it's the title I want. A bit more work, but, in the end saves a LOT of time by getting it right the first time. :)

Back