• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Macrovision may well be a gimmick...

O

odd_function

The reality is, any company that thinks investing and protecting there content with Macrovision works, should really reconsider looking into forums and, websites. Yes, Macrovision may be very effective on preventing analog DVD player from allowing content from DVD player being copied onto a DVD recorder. (Unless you own a device that strips the Macrovision from the signal) The question: Honestly, does this actually work??? Who records in analog to a DVD recorder anyway... when, you can copy it faster more convienient which is digital which less cost effective and less time consuming. Don't companies realize that, DVD copy protection sh** like this, doesn't work anymore? Macrovision is a useless and, has been defeated time after time and, proven it will never work. (Maybe they believe some protection is better then none. Who knows?) And, atleast and not last, DVD protection simply doesn't work because, it can and will be broken...we have seen it happen. So, Happy burning everyone :)

:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I guess you are right Macrovision is a gimmick, :confused:

Last edited:
I agree, it's a totally useless protection here in the 21st century. Perhaps it's almost almost cost free to use - so they still use it.

-W

I don't think anyone with a brain would pay much for it anymore.... not with so much better stuff out there.

-W

Back