• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved (MacOS)YouTubeMovies getting error on download

bchalker

Getting an "Error: Initialization Error. Check log for details." message when I try to download a YT movie from their YT Movies channel. Ideas?

Uploaded log.

Thanks

(updated: on MacOS)

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.8.0.astlog
    4.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Looking through the log file (thank you for providing it)(y), I may need the developer's assistance so please be patient.

I see you are using the MacOS, please state that in all further inquiries, not necessary now in this one. (Thank you for the update in post 1)

No problem and thanks :)

I actually added a signature with that info, also.

(recommend other users do this to help provide context to devs)

No problem and thanks :)

I actually added a signature with that info, also.

(recommend other users do this to help provide context to devs)
As long as you leave a log file the developers will know what OS you are using as I did, but it is helpful for other users themselves so they do not think their issue is the same as yours and post in the same thread, ideally, there should be 1 thread for each individual issue, what looks the same may not always be the case. Thanks for your help.

The Golden Voyage of Sinbad downloaded fine for me, the only problem was that it was extremely slow and took about 20 minutes

GVS.jpg.

Thx. Is this the url you used for the Sinbad, though?

Last edited:
I thought AS couldn't download any DRM content from YouTube, only regular videos?

There are 3 movies with that name , I downloaded the
I thought AS couldn't download any DRM content from YouTube, only regular videos?
I am guessing this one was posted in You Tube with no DRM

bchalker is trying to download the movie from "YouTube Movies & TV" which has free movies, but are also encrypted.

I downloaded a different " The Golden Voyage of Sinbad" There are about 4 videos with that name.

remastered.jpg

bchalker is trying to download the movie from "YouTube Movies & TV" which has free movies, but are also encrypted.
Well he certainly cannot do that. Thats why I only found a different remastered version.

Getting an "Error: Initialization Error. Check log for details." message when I try to download a YT movie from their YT Movies channel. Ideas?

Uploaded log.

Thanks

(updated: on MacOS)
You can't download anything from Movies and TV. Nothing. It is not available with AnyStream, how did you even navigate to it, you cannot log into an AnyStream YouTube movie.

To resolve this, YouTube movies and TV is not available through AnyStream. You cannot download anything you paid for. I can't even navigate to the version that you posted. It absolutely is a DRM error. Thread resolved.

Thanks ya'll. I wasn't aware of the DRM/encryption situation with the YTMovies channel. I had purchased some and this one was free. I didn;t know it would not work for those, sorry. Thanks for the clarification.

I simply pasted in the url to the se4arch and it showed in the AS app.

Thanks ya'll. I wasn't aware of the DRM/encryption situation with the YTMovies channel. I had purchased some and this one was free. I didn;t know it would not work for those, sorry. Thanks for the clarification.

I simply pasted in the url to the se4arch and it showed in the AS app.
You can only download what YouTube has on their public channels. Nothing on Moivies and TV, free or paid for. You cannot log in to AnyStream YouTube. Glad we got that straightened out.

Back