• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

macOS Anystream

Status
Not open for further replies.

klevans69

Any chance we will see a macOS native version of Anystream? Some of us have to maintain a Windows machine just for this app which is not allowed to run in a VM.

Any chance we will see a macOS native version of Anystream? Some of us have to maintain a Windows machine just for this app which is not allowed to run in a VM.

I thought it ran in a VM just fine so long as you paid for a license? Am I mistaken? Maybe I am thinking AnyDVD.

I thought it ran in a VM just fine so long as you paid for a license? Am I mistaken? Maybe I am thinking AnyDVD.
I did pay for a license, but it still didn't work. I read that VM would not be supported.

VM's aren't supported in unlicensed versions but they are with licensed ones (to a degree), ARM architechture for example likely isn't

I run AnyStream on a Windows Server VM hosted on my Synology NAS ... Well, it's a bit slow, but I don't have any issues.

If you buy a license it will run in a VM. :) If you do not it will not.;)

I own a license, and have tried running in a Windows VM on UnRaid docker. Please point me to the instructions to run this correctly.
Unraid docker is poor for VM windows, good for Linux, use VMWare.

Last edited:
Unraid docker is poor for VM windows, good for Linux, use VMWare.
Can you please elaborate. Not sure the setup you are suggesting. My server is UnRAID which is based on Linux, and I can virtualize Windows and/or Linux to run in a docker on the server. The whole point is to run on Linux/UnRAID.

Can you please elaborate. Not sure the setup you are suggesting. My server is UnRAID which is based on Linux, and I can virtualize Windows and/or Linux to run in a docker on the server. The whole point is to run on Linux/UnRAID.
AS does not support Linux. There have been people that have used Wine successfully but I have no idea what distributions are available for AnyStream. Even if it did work it wouldn't be supported. If you are using a Mac, try Parallels.

AS does not support Linux. There have been people that have used Wine successfully but I have no idea what distributions are available for AnyStream. Even if it did work it wouldn't be supported. If you are using a Mac, try Parallels.
Really appreciate your engagement here. Once I'm running Windows in VMWare or Parallels on macOS, how do I install my license key?

Really appreciate your engagement here. Once I'm running Windows in VMWare or Parallels on macOS, how do I install my license key?
You install the program, then with the program closed. Double-click the license key and then move it off the main computer to an external source so you always have it. It should be licensed then and ready to use.;)

I think you are confused. Unraid is a server app based on linux. He is using windows in a vm. Not linux. The windows VM is running on the unraid server

@Jamie:

I think RedFOX 1 said is right

My 2cents

I have a unraid server and I run windows 10 in a vm on it. I don't have anystream but i do run anydvd and other programs on it. What is special about anystream that it won't run in a vm on a unraid server?

The sale ends tonight, what are you waiting for?:);)
I believe believe anystream allows people to be pirates. You pay these streaming programs a few bucks to play movies and TV series but you then steal the videos for your own use without paying a legitimate amount to own them. At least with for anydvd, I pay to own a dvd, bluray. or uhd disc and use anydvd to backup the disc in case something happens to the physical disc. Some may take offense by this or think that it is convoluted but that is my perception.

I believe believe anystream allows people to be pirates. You pay these streaming programs a few bucks to play movies and TV series but you then steal the videos for your own use without paying a legitimate amount to own them. At least with for anydvd, I pay to own a dvd, bluray. or uhd disc and use anydvd to backup the disc in case something happens to the physical disc. Some may take offense by this or think that it is convoluted but that is my perception.
So how do you reconcile using AnyDVD HD? Excuses, excuses.:):):):):) Its the exact same thing. You paid the provider and now you have the right to watch it for personal use only in a place where you might not have an internet connection. ;)

Last edited:

Did you also think recording a movie off TV with a VCR or DVR was wrong? What about recording a song off the radio?

Also, it's not "stealing." Theft (in the legal sense) involves a rivalrous good. If I steal your car, I deprive you of that car. That isn't the case here. Yes, there are potentially other laws involved, but "stealing" isn't one of them.

If I buy a disc and rip it, that's a one time payment. It's even legal for me to rent out that disc or sell it later on (right of first sale). If I subscribe to Netflix, et. al., and download a movie, I'm still paying for the service. Nor is there a physical object I could sell later. So, how is buying the disc and ripping it "better" than the other option? It seems like they are getting more of my money from streaming than the disc.

Regardless, your argument is wrong, anyway. Ripping a disc breaks the same law (in the US, anyway) that download a stream does, namely the DMCA. So, arguing one is ok, while the other makes you a pirate, is complete nonsense.

Last edited:
Did you also think recording a movie off TV with a VCR or DVR was wrong? What about recording a song off the radio?

Regardless, your argument is wrong, anyway. Ripping a disc breaks the same law (in the US, anyway) that download a stream does, namely the DMCA. So, arguing one is ok, while the other makes you a pirate, is complete nonsense.

It's my personal Opinion on why I don't purchase anystream. Why do you get mad at me?

You are paying pennies for the videos that you download. You are also purchasing a right to play on these streaming services. Not to own a physical copy that you download.

I purchased a physical copy of the disc to use whenever i want. I use anydvd to backup the physical disc so that if the disc should get damaged I have something to fall back on. I also paid a charge for the disc that the studios believe is a fair price for me to use the disc whenever I want for my own personal use.

Actors, directors, and other people who participated in the movies should be compensated for the efforts that they provide in creating a movie or series. I believe that by buying a physical disc, that I am compensating them for their efforts. Paying $5 to $12 a month to a service from which you download a large number of videos does not seem to be fair compensation to me. I have bought the same movies a number of times on VHS, DVD, Bluray and now UHD.

In regard to the DMCA, it has never been tested in court in regard to backing up a disc. In the 90's when people copied vhs tapes, the U.S. supreme court determined that people who copied purchased VHS tapes for backup purposes had a right to make a backup of that tape. That ruling still holds until it is tested in all the courts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back