• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved (MAC ISSUE) Max Issue "Missing (gdi) client id

PJB7669

I've been having this issue for a while now across multiple versions of AnyStream.

I'm on a MAC. I'm running 1.8.4.0 currently but had this same issue with the previous version.

"Provider setup failed (max) Missing (gdi) client id"

what I have done.
1. Closed the Max tab in AnyStream. Uninstalled Anystream. Rebooted Mac. Reinstalled Anystream. Fail
2. I did the above as recommended in a thread with my VPN running. Same issue. Fail
3. I uninstalled AnyStream, rebooted Mac, logged into Max in Chrome and reinstalled Anystream. Fail. Same issue.

Help, please. Log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.4.0.astlog
    360.3 KB · Views: 7
I loaded Anystream on a Windows 10 laptop, and Max works fine with no errors, so this is a problem with the MAC version of Anystream. Do you have any ideas? I've already tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling AnyStream on the Mac, but I still have this issue. Would anyone happen to have any ideas? I am a new MAC OS user so could three be a cache file that is not going away when I uninstall Anystream?

Also, how long does it usually take to get an acknowledgment of a posted question? I'm not being snarky; I genuinely want to know. I don't see this detail in any of the "Rules" or "FAQs" about posting a question. Is it possible no one is seeing this post or did I post my question incorrectly or with some needed item missing?

Hello
I saw your earlier post and thought, "I run Anystream on a Mac, well, a Macbook Pro, and don't have that problem. I'll have a look to see if I can find anything." Unfortunately, I got distracted by other events.
Replies are usually pretty quick, especially if someone has come across the problem before.

Your issue may be that you are using the HBOMAX tab on the MAC. That won't work in the USA. Change it to the MAX Tab in settings.

Hi, and thanks for the replies. I am not running my VPN, but for clarification, I tried this with and without my VPN running, and it did the same thing both times. I am definitely not running the HBO Max tab; I am 100% running the Max option. I've been successfully using MAX on Anystream for as long as it has been called MAX with no issues. This is something that cropped up a little over a month ago and not after a new version install. Max was working fine. I shut down my Mac, and the next time I booted up and went to use Anystream, this error occurred and has not gone away with new versions of the application. I'm getting to the point of doing something drastic, like doing a factory reset on my M1 Mac Mini, if I can't figure it out.

Is Anystream tied to any particular browser? I may need to remove and reinstall Chrome along with Anystream.

So you are using a VPN?
Did you try without?
I tried it both ways. The result was the same. I even tried uninstalling AnyStream, then launching my VPN and reinstalling AnyStream and some other variations with no success.

I have spoken to the developers and I hope they will fix it in the next version. I do not own a MAC so I cannot even try to reproduce but many others here do use MACS and no one else has reported it. I am not saying it's not an issue, just that it may be happening in rare circumstances. (Just a guess) . As I said, I sent a message to our development team.

Back