• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Looking for Answers Before I Purchase

mopar_mudder

1) Why does CloneBD make a menu when I rip just main movie. I don't want any menus, that is the purpose of ripping just the main movie.

2) Why does CloneBD take about 1000 times longer to rip to a network drive then a local drive. Really about 50 minutes compared to 20 hours.

I want to buy but not it I can't get some answers on this.

1) Why does CloneBD make a menu when I rip just main movie. I don't want any menus, that is the purpose of ripping just the main movie.

2) Why does CloneBD take about 1000 times longer to rip to a network drive then a local drive. Really about 50 minutes compared to 20 hours.

I want to buy but not it I can't get some answers on this.
Nothing should take more than 2 hours unless your system is ancient.

Nothing should take more than 2 hours unless your system is ancient.

Has nothing to do with my SYSTEM. Any other ripping program I have used rips just fine to my server. CloneBD on the other hand says 20 hours.

Has nothing to do with my SYSTEM. Any other ripping program I have used rips just fine to my server. CloneBD on the other hand says 20 hours.
Let it run, do not stop it and let me know how long it takes, what are your computer specs?

Let it run, do not stop it and let me know how long it takes, what are your computer specs?

I have let it run over an hour and it still had 18 hours and some minutes to go. Frame/Sec is only like 3-5 when going to network drive. It rips to the local drive fine, so I don't think it is the computer.

Intel Quad Q6600 4GB Ram

I have let it run over an hour and it still had 18 hours and some minutes to go. Frame/Sec is only like 3-5 when going to network drive. It rips to the local drive fine, so I don't think it is the computer.

Intel Quad Q6600 4GB Ram
Did you try a different disc and see how that fares, or is it just this one unnamed disc.8)

Ripping to a network drive is usually slower than to a local drive, but not that much slower, all I can say is look at your router settings, this has not been an issue with anyone else that I am aware of. Certain I have a network that is massive and I can rip to a network drive wirelessly just as fast as I can to a local drive on my computer, what are your transfer rates in the network center?

I have rip with TsMuxer and DVDfab on a regular basis to the network with no issues. If it was a network issue, shouldn't it effect them as well? Right now I have TsMuxer working on a BluRay so I can't do any testing, I know TsMuxer is always on the 40 minute are for main movie to the network.

One should really do it on their computer before doing network otherwise this is not way to really test the basics.

One should really do it on their computer before doing network otherwise this is not way to really test the basics.

Not sure what you are saying. I did it on the computer local drive first, took 50 minutes. Then I tried doing it to the network, said 20 hours. I explained that in the first post, maybe it wasn't clear.

I have backed up around 40 discs but always do them on PC before transferring them manually to my WHS.
The fact that CloneBD works in 50 mins on a local disk points to a network issue.

I have backed up around 40 discs but always do them on PC before transferring them manually to my WHS.
The fact that CloneBD works in 50 mins on a local disk points to a network issue.

What does that fact that TsMuxer and DVDfab work to the network and CloneBD does not say?

Going to try and do some more testing tonight.

Ok here are some real numbers

Disk: Maze Runner, Main Movie Only

TsMuxer:
To local C: Drive - 31 minutes
To Network Drive - 31 minutes

DVDFab:
To local C: Drive - 29 Minutes
To Network Drive - 29 Minutes

CloneBD:
To local C: Drive - 42 Minutes
To Network DRive - Has been running 80 minutes and says it has over 14 hours left yet.

Something I noticed. CloneBD to local drive ran around 60 frames per sec. Going to the network drive the graph looks like a saw tooth going from 0 to 5 back to 0, repeating pattern.

Hold Off

Hold off for next release before you buy. CloneDB keeps quitting before a completed conversion. Less than 20% of my collection successfully converted to mp4. In desperate need of bug fix. Disappointed with my purchase which was based on being a long time AnyDVD user.

I haven't had a single failure of re encoding to MP4 or MKV. Some wont play on my SmartTV and a couple have had audio synch issues but CloneDB has not failed to process any of them. Thats what log files are for.

Ok here are some real numbers

Disk: Maze Runner, Main Movie Only

TsMuxer:
To local C: Drive - 31 minutes
To Network Drive - 31 minutes

DVDFab:
To local C: Drive - 29 Minutes
To Network Drive - 29 Minutes

CloneBD:
To local C: Drive - 42 Minutes
To Network DRive - Has been running 80 minutes and says it has over 14 hours left yet.

Something I noticed. CloneBD to local drive ran around 60 frames per sec. Going to the network drive the graph looks like a saw tooth going from 0 to 5 back to 0, repeating pattern.

It is still going, has been 13 hours running now.

Is the original image that CloneBD is working from on your local drive? I've just processed a 'Movie only' full quality Blu-ray of Guardians of the Galaxy from my local drive to my NAS and it took around 30 mins. I'm also testing with an MKV and it says it's going to take around 32 minutes to finish

Last edited:
Is the original image that CloneBD is working from on your local drive? I've just processed a 'Movie only' full quality Blu-ray of Guardians of the Galaxy from my local drive to my NAS and it took around 30 mins. I'm also testing with an MKV and it says it's going to take around 32 minutes to finish

No it is from the disc. If you could try from the disc that would be great.

I never run anything from disc as it increases the wear on the drive. I always rip to HD first then run from that otherwise the drive is running constantly for the whole time it's encoding.

Running it from the optical drive through to my NAS does increase the encode time dramatically, to around 8 hours. There must be some issue between taking it from the optical through to the network, if I tell it to do it to the local drive it drops back to around 32 minutes

Last edited:
Back