• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

License saga summary in a nutshell

madhusker

There are a ton of threads, upset people, but I think the facts and research is clear. Lifetime members like us paid for development work that is very expensive and was completed using our funds that were already paid for. That same development work to build what RedFox is today was already paid for by Slysoft users, and is now being sold again to the same customers. The new money you're taking from customers right now is filling the kitty for updates that really only re-branded and upped the version tick to 8. There is NO major development being done that I can see, and I believe the funds are covering expenses to setup a new team. Updates and database maintenance are needed, and I get that... But there was very little cost for you to get the product you're trying to re-sell me at more than full price. We built this product with Slysoft that you're reselling, not the new you (remember the "it was them, not us" threads). *I'm* the one that paid to build the product you're reselling, not you that are now charging for it again. Remember this every time you reply to an unhappy lifetime customer.

I'm willing to help out the team given what happened. What did happen is no easy day... BUT, the problem I have is that I was screwed out of the 20% off because you didn't send me an email telling me I only had 2 months to get it. This new team *IS* the old team, and I cannot help you were negligent in maintaining your customer emails or account information. To me that is 101 how you manage a software business. So, think about that for when you're shut down again. Perhaps backup your data to the cloud somewhere.

I'm on the fence at this point, but this is a really great product. It's just too bad the lifetime members are treated with such disrespect in the forums when they funded the work you're trying to re-sell them again. Remember, you're in the job you have today because we funded your salary. Slysoft nor RedFox would exist today if weren't for the loyal customers (RedFox wouldn't have a Slysoft product to re-sell). Have some respect for those paying customers as they put food on your table all these years. So if you're gonna be sticks in the mud, at the very minimum, I believe you should offer the lifetime members 20-30% off at anytime they want to come back...which will more than fund your ongoing maintenance of a product that was already funded and built by us before RedFox was even born.

-Thanks.

Last edited:
There are a ton of threads, upset people, but I think the facts and research is clear. Lifetime members like us paid for development work that is very expensive and was completed using our funds that were already paid for. That same development work to build what RedFox is today was already paid for by Slysoft users, and is now being sold again to the same customers. The new money you're taking from customers right now is filling the kitty for updates that really only re-branded and upped the version tick to 8. There is NO major development being done that I can see, and I believe the funds are covering expenses to setup a new team. Updates and database maintenance are needed, and I get that... But there was very little cost for you to get the product you're trying to re-sell me at more than full price. We built this product with Slysoft that you're reselling, not the new you (remember the "it was them, not us" threads). *I'm* the one that paid to build the product you're reselling, not you that are now charging for it again. Remember this every time you reply to an unhappy lifetime customer.

I'm willing to help out the team given what happened. What did happen is no easy day... BUT, the problem I have is that I was screwed out of the 20% off because you didn't send me an email telling me I only had 2 months to get it. This new team *IS* the old team, and I cannot help you were negligent in maintaining your customer emails or account information. To me that is 101 how you manage a software business. So, think about that for when you're shut down again. Perhaps backup your data to the cloud somewhere.

I'm on the fence at this point, but this is a really great product. It's just too bad the lifetime members are treated with such disrespect in the forums when they funded the work you're trying to re-sell them again. Remember, you're in the job you have today because we funded your salary. Slysoft nor RedFox would exist today if weren't for the loyal customers (RedFox wouldn't have a Slysoft product to re-sell). Have some respect for those paying customers as they put food on your table all these years. So if you're gonna be sticks in the mud, at the very minimum, I believe you should offer the lifetime members 20-30% off at anytime they want to come back...which will more than fund your ongoing maintenance of a product that was already funded and built by us before RedFox was even born.

-Thanks.
Wow, not much to say here.

There have been so many threads that explained what happened. Or a simple Google search of sites that have nothing to do with Slysoft/RedFox. There were discounts and sales, one that ended about 1 week ago.

The former Owner of Slysoft took off with the $$$$. You can't eat code, and the programmers were owed their pay, and instead of getting that, the Owner gave them the rights to AnyDVD and the code. If you want to complain, complain to Mr. Giancarlo Bettini, if you can find him. Good luck on that.

All this cheese with that whine won't get anyone anywhere. If you want RedFox to go under because you're not happy, go ahead. MakeMKV can't do what RedFox does. And I won't even mention what the capabilities of Fengtao are.

If you think that you can do better than what the programmers are doing, then by all means, go ahead.

:rolleyes:

Nobody will deny that the initial development was done under slysoft. What you're seeming to forget is that Slysoft got shut down as i told you in the other thread. RedFox had no access to the funds slysoft had. The owner took whatever was left and ran.
only re-branded and upped the version tick to 8.

There has been no rebranding.

There is NO major development being done that I can see

Proof please? If there is no major development, then what are all the OPD updates, new beta versions for DVD protections, 4K test support,...
But there was very little cost for you to get the product you're trying to re-sell me at more than full price.

Wrong again. RedFox didn't have any funding. Thus funds were needed to setup a new server infrastructure for the OPD and more.

the problem I have is that I was screwed out of the 20% off because you didn't send me an email telling me I only had 2 months to get it

There were no e-mails no, and there still arent. However AnyDVD's regular update check (in 7695) found v8 from the start. Everyone else's did, and so did yours. Not the fault of redfox you ignored it, or didn't keep up with what happened. There have been dozens of news articles, announcements and more.

This new team *IS* the old team

Wrong again, only part of the old team joined the RedFox project.

and I cannot help you were negligent in maintaining your customer emails or account information

Wrong again, user e-mails change, they didn't have access to the customer database (or only part of it) because...wait for it...Slysoft got SHUT DOWN. There was no negligence.

Perhaps backup your data to the cloud somewhere.

Bad idea, you want an unknown third party to have access to your user & payment details? Including the MPAA/AACS-LA?

It's just too bad the lifetime members are treated with such disrespect in the forums when they funded the work you're trying to re-sell them again

Nobody's getting disrespected. Actually lifetime licenses are the WORST way to make money. You pay once, and have updates forever. No more income for the staff. That's why the current staff initially didn't want to issue them anymore. The users begged for them, the staff complied even though it's the worst possible thing to do.

I can't speak for RedFox, but if you shot them an email I'm almost certain (as a Slysoft customer) they would give you the 20% discount without thinking twice. I'm not sure why you didn't do this.

I can't speak for RedFox, but if you shot them an email I'm almost certain (as a Slysoft customer) they would give you the 20% discount without thinking twice. I'm not sure why you didn't do this.
Not going to happen they will most likely set one during Thanksgiving and X-mas season but not just because you want it. You make it sound like it sound like they are suppose to do this out of the goodness of the heart. But couldn't be farther from events - they need to eat as well and codes can't be eaten.

Actually there was the option for users who purchased shortly before the October last year start date for the discounts to issue a support ticket with a nice message. If it was nice enough a discount was given. Although it's a long shot here with a discount recently ended, it can never hurt to ask.

As I always say: a no you have, a yes you can get.

Wrong again, user e-mails change, they didn't have access to the customer database (or only part of it) because...wait for it...Slysoft got SHUT DOWN. There was no negligence.

No negligence but quite possibly a deliberate closing of the company and cancellation of all lifetime customer accounts with a cover story designed to get those same customers to pay once again. Colour me highly dubious about this whole "Slysoft got closed down but re-opened with the same employees, software and without the non-revenue generating lifetime support contracts as before" bs.

Deliberate closing? Yes, by the MPAA and AACS LA. Please do your research. Slysoft was forced to shut down. The antiguan goverment forced them to shut down, under major pressure of the MPAA/AACS-LA. They didn't volutarily do so. Nothing dubious about it. Dozens of articles on it all over the net.

Not going to happen they will most likely set one during Thanksgiving and X-mas season but not just because you want it. You make it sound like it sound like they are suppose to do this out of the goodness of the heart. But couldn't be farther from events - they need to eat as well and codes can't be eaten.

Well you're wrong because it has happened. And no I'm not making it 'seem like' anything, you're just doing your usual thing of not reading posts and adding your own spin and interpretation of what's been typed.

I mean these guys gave away a copy of the software for free in the last few days, they're not going to refuse a 20% discount for an old slysoft user.

Well you're wrong because it has happened. And no I'm not making it 'seem like' anything, you're just doing your usual thing of not reading posts and adding your own spin and interpretation of what's been typed.
I mean these guys gave away a copy of the software for free in the last few days, they're not going to refuse a 20% discount for an old slysoft user.
Last I see you weren't the RedFox team to make such a decision for them. They will issue the discount when they decide to do so not because you want them to do so. You act like your their CEO and asking people to email them asking for discount is misleading and being disingenuous to the situation RedfFox is currently in. Nothing was given out for Free that was your "Alice in Wonderland" dreamscape that has no facts behind it.

You act like your their CEO and asking people to email them asking for discount is misleading and being disingenuous to the situation RedfFox is currently in. Nothing was given out for Free that was your "Alice in Wonderland" dreamscape that has no facts behind it.

Maybe he's not the CEO no, but he's not wrong either.

Wrong: https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/purchase-page-full-of-unlabeled-buttons.71138/

Post 4

(Off topic) but nice reply Ch3vrOn, you would have thought Recycle would have learned his lesson by now after recent events...

Oh knock it off. You're so sensitive.

I'm not making out like I'm making any decisions... the first thing I said in my post was "I can't speak for RedFox".

And yeah a free copy of anyDVDhd was issued a couple of days ago to a visually impaired user, who by the way has no issue understanding my posts unlike yourself.

Also I love how you just dodge Ch3vr0n's posts like they don't even exist.

If you want to keep looking like an idiot keep replying to my posts and we together can make it happen.

Sounds like we got a MOD here as well.

As JT! said you are an extremely sensitive person and without doubt unable to take even the mildest of critism and unsurpringly continue to make yourself look so foolish on this forum.

Like most members here I'm surprised you are allowed to continue being a member after receiving a recent warning about your behaviour here.

BTW:- in reply to your post.....If I were a mod you would be the first on my list to be "BANNED".

Back