• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

License request creation failed. Download aborted.

Erendira

Yesterday I downloaded a season of a series from Netflix. I had to bypass my VPN to get the series "Lucifer" to show up (which I found in a forum discussion here, thank you!). Today I noticed that I had failed to get the last episode. When I tried to download it, everything seems normal until the actual download. There is a long pause then the message "License request creation failed. Download aborted.". This is the only thing that I have downloaded from Netflix in months, so I haven't reached my limit. Running version 1.2.1.0_64bit. Tried several times...same result. Tried reverting back to version 1.2.0.1_64bit. Same result!

1201 is ancient, unfortunately with a logfile of the download in question there's nothing the developers can do as they have no diagnostic data to work with

Thanks for the quick response. Sorry that I didn't think to sent a logfile. I reinstalled 1210, the 1201 was just because nothing like this had happened with that version.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.1.0.astlog
    288.3 KB · Views: 6
The current version is 1.2.2.0. Try with this version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I downloaded and installed 1.2.2.0. Retried same download. Same result. Rebooted machine and tried again. Same result. Thinking that maybe the problem was with the episode, I tried redownloading the last episode that I had successfully downloaded but still the same license error message.

Okay, I downloaded and installed 1.2.2.0. Retried same download. Same result. Rebooted machine and tried again. Same result. Thinking that maybe the problem was with the episode, I tried redownloading the last episode that I had successfully downloaded but still the same license error message.

Can you exit AnyStream, then delete the registry value
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\RedFox\AnyStream\BI_Content

Then try again?

Thanks, Pete! That didn't work either but thanks for the idea. I deleted the value, restarted Anystream. Immediately realized that I hadn't disconnected my VPN so I closed Anystream, bypassed VPN, checked RegEdit which showed that the value had repopulated itself, deleted it again. I started Anystream which gave the same license error. Closed Anystream. Checked RegEdit, value had not come back, rebooted, checked that value still hadn't repopulated, then tried to download the same episode with Anystream but still got the license error.

Okay, I downloaded and installed 1.2.2.0. Retried same download. Same result. Rebooted the machine and tried again. Same result. Thinking that maybe the problem was with the episode, I tried redownloading the last episode that I had successfully downloaded but still the same license error message.
Can we see a log file from 1220? Thanks.

Oooo..The RedFox himself! Sure thing. I started the app, caused the error, then generated the attached logfile.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.2.0.astlog
    283 KB · Views: 4
finished 2.png Is your Netflix license in order? This should work with no issues with your Basic Anystream license.

Oooo..The RedFox himself! Sure thing. I started the app, caused the error, then generated the attached logfile.
To me this looks like something on your end is blocking the replies from our server.
Some firewall?

As far as the replies not coming through, to get to the forum I have to have ExpressVPN enabled. I think that the Chrome add-on doesn't let me get to you otherwise. I have been disabling ExpressVPN to get to the videos on Netflix which don't show up when it is enabled. Somebody somewhere on this forum had mentioned that Netflix is blocking some content when it detects that a VPN is being used.
On the download problem, just after my last reply I went to Netflix with my browser and found that I could play the Lucifer episode that I had tried to download when I discovered this problem. I didn't watch the whole thing, but it seemed to be playing just fine. This morning, to see if it would work, I tried to download a show from Amazon Prime and also got an error "Decryption failed. This may mean that you have exceeded your quota." I am quite sure that I am nowhere near the quota. I then tried Disney+ which also gave me an error "Initialization error Check the log for details". IMPORTANT DISCOVERY! I received a phone call just as I did the above and never checked the log file. When I realized this as I am writing this, I redid the Disney+ download so that I could look at the log files. Since I can't get to the forum with ExpressVPN disabled, I left it on, this time the Disney+ download worked! I tried Amazon Prime and it worked also. Despite disconnecting ExpressVPN and telling it to allow traffic through anyway, it seems to causing the problem. Thank you for all the help!

Back