• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

LGs new Hybrid Drive

RedFox 1

Forum Admin
Source Beta News
LG Debuts New Hybrid Disc Drives

By BetaNews Staff, BetaNews

July 20, 2007, 2:05 PM

LG is reportedly releasing its second-generation hybrid optical disc drives for PCs. The devices are able to read discs in all currently available formats, including CDs, DVDs, HD DVD, and Blu-ray. Two drives will be made available, one that is able to write to CD, DVD, and BD, while reading HD DVDs, and the other can write to CD and DVD while reading both high-definition disc formats.
The drives will cost $499 and $399, respectively. In any case, the new burners will likely help Blu-ray the most, since earlier drives retailed for as much as $1,000. In comparison, HD DVD drives were about a quarter of that price.

i was thinking about getting a new external usb cd/dvd drive.but i think i'll wait (and i dont think i'll have to wait that long) until one is released that'll read/write to the following disc formats: cd/cdrw/dvd+r/dvd+rw/dvd-r/dvd-rw/dvd-ram/hd/blu ray.

Last edited:
Back