Latest DCH drivers for Intel Graphics breaks hardware acceleration ...

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by TomTiddler, Oct 2, 2020.

1. TomTiddler

TomTiddler Well-Known Member

Just installed the latest Intel drivers for Intel HD 630 (DRIVER VERSION: 27.20.100.8681 DATE: September 15, 2020), and CloneBD instantly greyed - out the Quicksync option. Rolled back to previous version, everything works. When I have time (probably over the weekend) I'll provide logs for both cases.

Should have added Windows 10, latest build, running on a Intel NUC 'Coffe Bean' - Core i7-8559U, Intel Iris Plus 655 graphics.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

They've been breaking quicksync for a while now. Not just the latest ones.

3. TomTiddler

You may well be right Ch3vr0n, but this latest update is the first I've been notified of (using Intel Driver Assistant) in more than 4 months, so this behavior is new to me. The previous driver (whose date labels it as fairly old) worked just fine. Just BTW, you could dial back on the "snippy" comments just a little :)

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Wasn't meant to be snippy. I always like to get straight to the point :). Might be perceived that way but certainly isn't meant that way :) Wish they were as stable as nvidia ones myself.

5. TomTiddler

No problem :dance:, and yes, I too wish they were stable.

6. TomTiddler

So the driver version that doesn't work is Intel DRIVER VERSION: 27.20.100.8681, the one that does work is 26.20.100.8141. I'm not sure if CloneBD creates a log on startup, or how to access it, so I'll need some pointers as to what other information I can usefully provide.

The Speccy for both versions is attached .....

Attached Files: