• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Kindle Fire support: RESOLVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

thurley37

I just bought a kindle fire and would like to convert dvd's to mp4 which is compatible with kindle fire. Any plans to add this to the next clone dvd mobile update?

It works great with CloneDVD Mobile in .mp4 mode. I am watching a vidoe right now.

Sent from my Kindle Fire

Make sure you use the latest BETA or release version of CloneDVD mobile > 1800

Last edited by a moderator:
decent settings

No idea if it is optimal or not but converting a 2hr movie using the CloneDVD Mobile "generic MP4/AVC settings" - AVC is analogous to "H.264" so you may see either/or when looking for the right MP4. MP4 is a container that supports multiple internal video codecs - it looks like the fire needs an AVC/H.264 MP4 file but it might support more. Audio for the file looks like it needs to be AAC - or at least AAC seems to work which is what is used by the generic MP4/AVC settings in CloneDVD Mobile.

Not deinterlacing since it is a film - using resolution of 852x480 (closest ratio to the screen of the kindle - no idea if it is correct to do this or not) - set the video quality to around 20% (2012 kbps) yielded a file of about 1.8 gigs that seems to look really good. Will have to experiment some more with the settings to see if there is a way to get the file size down and still maintain the video quality.
Anyone else have any recommendations on video quality settings that seem to look good and keep size reasonable?

Settings for Kindle Fire

I had used CloneDVDMobile to bring over a couple videos on my Kindle Fire. I was using 640x360. Video looked great, but the size left a lot of room on the top and bottom.

Tonight, I used the following settings:

o Generic MP4/AVC
o 852x240
o 20% Video Quality
o Single Pass

and it came out great!

XRhXC.png

Plays great on the default KF video player as well as MX Vidoe player which I use most of the time.

[Long time registered user of all of the SlySoft products]

So how is that new version of CloneDVD Mobile coming?
I haven't heard anything for a few months.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

It works fine, as of this very moment. I recently converted Batman: Year One and Contagion with the latest version of CloneDVD mobile, and they did not have a single error or what not while I played them on my Kindle Fire.

Of course, from time to time someone will have to open a Support ticket for a DVD that didn't process correctly, but as of now, CloneDVD mobile is doing its job.

Thank you

It works fine, as of this very moment. I recently converted Batman: Year One and Contagion with the latest version of CloneDVD mobile, and they did not have a single error or what not while I played them on my Kindle Fire.

Thanks for this, really. One has to read a little and use the product. I appreciate your comment very much 8)

Thanks for this, really. One has to read a little and use the product. I appreciate your comment very much 8)

You're welcome.

:)

I realize that your team gets a lot of 'not well thought out' (i.e. they don't read or think about what they're saying) comments often, and I wanted to let the person I replied to know that this product does work, so they shouldn't have any fears that any Slysoft product won't work.

cool

Thanks again. Since this "Kindle" is handled int 1802 and also here also in the Forum sticky group I am closing this discussion as moot.

It's in, like I said

Thanks in advance.

As promised: 1802 beta. Open "Amazon" and there it is! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back