• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Just noticed... HBOMax as an addon has been added back to Amazon Prime

Yes, I noticed but HBOMax has a much better resolution and way more content than the addon.I get a huge amount of 4K from HBOMax and 1080p on everything, . It's great for people that do not want to add another provider though.;)

Last edited:
Yes, I noticed but HBOMax has a much better resolution and way more content than the addon.I get a huge amount of 4K from HBOMax and 1080p on everything, . It's great for people that do not want to add another provider though.;)

Yeppers,

Each person should look at what their targets are and what works for them - Video Res, Audio, Subtitles,

For instance I only do 1080p max and don't used subtitles.

HBO Max via Amazon Prime addon doesn't have subtitles available, say for House of Dragons, when HBO Max direct website does - but not important to me, whereas it's a showstopper for some others.

HBO Max via Amazon Prime *does* have higher audio bitrates, but realistically I don't see it being a big issue 640kb/s vs. 258kbs/s (on one show looked at) - both are 6channel DD+.

But, missing shows/content sometimes via a provider addon on Amazon Prime would probably be a deciding factor for me.

Mike

whats the audio like?

Hi Xandeer,

See my post above re: audio...

You could sign up for the HBOMax addon on Amazon Prime 7 day trial then immediately cancel (turn off auto renew) and tell it to only run for the 7 days to poke around and look at stuff.

That's what I did.

Mike

What? I thought Anystream doesn't do 4K on any sources?

By the way, press articles state Discovery+ programs will be part of HBO next year as well. So no need to work on Discovery+ for future AS ugrade.. let's contrate on Roku/Plex/Pluto/Tubi freebie streaming sources to save shows without commercials

What? I thought Anystream doesn't do 4K on any sources?

By the way, press articles state Discovery+ programs will be part of HBO next year as well. So no need to work on Discovery+ for future AS ugrade.. let's contrate on Roku/Plex/Pluto/Tubi freebie streaming sources to save shows without commercials
Just wait our developer is always working to make the program better for you. Who knows what new providers we will see in the future, my bet it is one you will like.:)

I bet its one where the name is like an animal with huge colorful bunch of plumes on its rear-end and they usually have "eyes" on them :D

Just wait our developer is always working to make the program better for you. Who knows what new providers we will see in the future, my bet it is one you will like.:)

By the way, I'm very pleased with the software. The 'others' may claim support for more providers... AS is just more reliable .. I can't wait what the future will bring as far as new providers.

So does AS do 4K for HBOMax already?

By the way, I'm very pleased with the software. The 'others' may claim support for more providers... AS is just more reliable .. I can't wait what the future will bring as far as new providers.

Yes on many titles. Game of Thrones, A Christmas Story, House of Dragons etc.

Christmas Story 4K.jpg

Yes, but with the caveat that AS is taking advantage of a loophole in HBO's DRM implementation. There's a flaw that lets as grab 4k, a loophole that can be closed at any time.

AS doesn't OFFICIALLY support 4k for any provider.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

How can one see all the 4K movies on HBO at once in a category? I don't think there's a special 4K listing like Amazon Prime does?

How can one see all the 4K movies on HBO at once in a category? I don't think there's a special 4K listing like Amazon Prime does?

Hi Jazon90405,

There are some lists if you search in Google, but they are few months behind, most estimate ~ 30 on HBO Max right now.

HBO's lists 33 movies when you click +4k at
Code:
https://help.hbomax.com/ba-en/Answer/Detail/000001167
and hasn't been updated with A Christmas Story Christmas that Redfox 1 pointed out above.

Probably a few others added in last few months may be missing from that list.

Per How to Geek 11/27/22 4K content estimate:
  • Amazon Prime Video: 720+
  • Netflix: 1140+
  • HBO Max: 30+
  • Paramount+: 160+
  • Peacock: 15+
  • Disney+: 800+
  • Hulu: 115+
  • Apple TV+: 80+
Mike

Last edited:
Even if you get HBO Max through Amazon add-on you can still download through the HBO Max site itself, they allow you to mark Amazon as the provider you subscribe to HBO Max the same as a cable company.
screenshot-2022-12-06-175651-jpg.68705

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-06 175651.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-12-06 175651.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Even if you get HBO Max through Amazon add-on you can still download through the HBO Max site itself, they allow you to mark Amazon as the provider you subscribe to HBO Max the same as a cable company.
Very cool man, thanks for your input.:)

Wow.. I just discovered the option to download HEVC but have to change the codec from AVC each time.

Is it possible to make a Preference Setting so I can default to HEVC if available?
No, somethings on the program you actually have to do yourself:sneaky:

Back