• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just had my first successful MAIN TITLE ONLY rip. to an ISO, TIME TO DO THIS?

Long story short,
for my blu rays that i want to back up and stream I am going to back them up in iso format , my hdlinks media player plays isos better than it does mkvs I am still going to back up my blu rays that have dts hd audio format to mkv simply because its faster with makmkv, it only takes about 30 minutes to do

I just had my first conversion completed with anydvd hd and bdclone with the movie, THE MATRIX RELOADED> just watched it on my player, the iso that is. played perfectly even with the tru hd audio track selected. (mkvs with tru hd wont play right on my player)

it took about 2.3 hours to make my iso using bdclone ,
is this normal time?

if it is its fine , I am just asking.

Long story short,
for my blu rays that i want to back up and stream I am going to back them up in iso format , my hdlinks media player plays isos better than it does mkvs I am still going to back up my blu rays that have dts hd audio format to mkv simply because its faster with makmkv, it only takes about 30 minutes to do

I just had my first conversion completed with anydvd hd and bdclone with the movie, THE MATRIX RELOADED> just watched it on my player, the iso that is. played perfectly even with the tru hd audio track selected. (mkvs with tru hd wont play right on my player)

it took about 2.3 hours to make my iso using bdclone ,
is this normal time?

if it is its fine , I am just asking.

It depends a lot on your system. 2.3 hours is - if your using the current version of CloneBD - rather long. 40-60 minutes is acheivable.

Also, presently the "pass-though" option for MKVs (copy without recompressing) is non-functional, this is being worked on.
MakeMKV doesn't recompress, that's why it's faster.
CloneBD does (so you can choose the output size), that puts a huge load on your CPU, that's why it is slower.
Also, CloneBD can convert your Dolbe True HD / DTS-HD to AC3, so you wouldn't have any more trouble with your player using MKV.

The option to create MKVs without recompressing will be fixed soon.

Customer support say the recommended ISO and that's what most of his customers who back up blu rays do. Yea I could decide the audio but I wanna keep the hd audio

Matrix that I made with bdclone worked great. Beetlejuice would not work

I also did x men and Xmen reunited last night an both created successfully. But haven't watched then yet. I love the looks and layout of bdclone but it's just so much slower. Even anydvd hd back up function .... I can make a full back up in about 40 minutes. This program takes close to 2 hour

Customer support say the recommended ISO and that's what most of his customers who back up blu rays do. Yea I could decide the audio but I wanna keep the hd audio

Matrix that I made with bdclone worked great. Beetlejuice would not work

I also did x men and Xmen reunited last night an both created successfully. But haven't watched then yet. I love the looks and layout of bdclone but it's just so much slower. Even anydvd hd back up function .... I can make a full back up in about 40 minutes. This program takes close to 2 hour

As I said - as soon as the 1:1 (lossless) copy to MKV is fixed, that will become very fast.
Did you send in the log files for Beetlejuice, so it can get fixed?
You can also post the log file here.

No I didn't send it. I will try again tonight and I it happens again I will send it

Is it MKV or ISO output that is taking 2 hours?

CloneBD can do a lossless movie only ISO. This shouldn't really take much longer than an AnyDVD ISO backup.
As Pete said MKV currently will take longer as the video must be transcoded.

Bdclone is what takes two hours to make a main movie title only. I thought that was weird as it only takes 30-40 minutes to make a complete back up ISO using anydvd hd

That would depend on what settings you have chosen on how long it takes to make the backup.
When I do a movie only back up from a film on my harddrive it takes around 20 to 25 minutes as long as I use uncompressed audio and don't compress the movie either.
In the conversion window does it say 'The current video is being copied without being transcoded'? If not then your system is converting part of the film somewhere and not doing a straight copy.

BTW it's CloneBD, not bdclone

It only takes 30-40 minutes because all anydvd does with ripping is copying files 1:1. CloneBD (NOT bdclone, slysoft doesn't have such a product) removes audio streams, subtitle streams, video titles, compresses, an that takes time and power. Anydvd doesn't do any of that.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

But what do you have the output size set to?

In the conversion window does it say 'The current video is being copied without being transcoded'?

But what do you have the output size set to?

In the conversion window does it say 'The current video is being copied without being transcoded'?

Oh I don't know lol. I guess I missed that setting. I'll look when I get home

I believe it does say being copied without being transcoded tho

As I've stated I love the looks I the program bdclone. But backing up a complete bluray movie to ISO is quicker for me by an hour using anydvd hd. Think I'm gonna just copy the main m2ts file that's in the bdmv player to my external hardrive and see how my kdlinks media player will handle this

There is no product 'bdclone', you also have to keep in mind that not all movies store the main movie in 1 big m2ts file. Most of them actually store it split in multiple parts from my experience.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Another thing to bear in mind, apart from checking encoding settings is that when ripping a full movie to ISO the disc just gets read sequentially from start to finish and made into an ISO as it goes along . When making a 'Movie only' ISO this might not happen as the movie may be split across multiple files which may not be sequential on the drive, those files are then copied over minus any audio or subtitle tracks you want removing to a temp folder (which you can set in the CloneBD settings), and then when it's finished assembling the altered files in the temp location it then makes a new ISO from those temp files,.
So essentially CloneBD has to copy the movie files off the original disc, processing them as it goes to a temp location, then build an ISO from that temp location to your final location. If you are using mechanical hard drives and both the temp location and the final location are on the same drive this will slow things down considerably.

Interesting point, so if i've got two mechanical hdd's and put the temp folder on one drive and the final location on my other hdd it will possibly process faster? My rips are taking about 1 1/2 hours due to no ssd and only 4gb ram. Upgrading soon though :)

That area of the system will be improved and the system will potentially be capable of faster processing, but whether you see a difference will depend on how fast your other components are.

Example: If you have a slow ODD or CPU (if transcoding) then you probably won't see much difference, as the single HDD could still keep up anyway.

Edit:
I'll correct myself. If you are creating an ISO with CloneBD, then you will definitely see a difference as the ODD/CPU aren't used in the ISO building process, and the speed of the temp and ISO destinations will be relied on.

Last edited:
Yes, always create iso first with any dvd hd then mount it and work off that.
Unless you want to keep that extra ISO, there's no point.
The overall process (including ISO creation with AnyDVD) will definitely not be shorter.

Back