• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Just got D&D honor among thieves 4k.error reading

Michael B. Field

This was just released and I am trying to rip for my collection. Is this just an issue because it is new (I'm guessing), or is there some new protection they are putting on these discs? "Error Processing Blu-Ray disc! Please check AnyDVD status window for details."

I did install the beta version to attempt to fix the error but it was the same. ANYSCAN says invalid media and would not prepare a forum post. Screenshot included.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.4.1, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 46184896 sectors (90204 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: DD_HONOR_AMONG_THIEVES
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 77
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
ERROR: Failed to enable LibreDrive:
MakeMKV v1.17.3 win(x64-release) started
This application version is too old. Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com/ or enter a registration key to continue using the current version.
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!

Attachments

• Clipboard01anydvd.jpg
    Clipboard01anydvd.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 13
Please read this thread/post. The first post tells you what to do.

That does not help. It will NOT allow me to prepare a post after scanning the disc. I am just reporting the issue so people are informed.

Wrong. I am not making an MKV. I am not using makemkv. I am trying to rip the image using the LATEST version of anydvd and the latest version of anydvd scanner I could find. It is pretty hard to even find versions of anydvdscanner at all so if you have another newer version let me know of a link to it. There is no output...read my post

I'm not wrong, thank you. I do know exactly what I'm talking about. But you can go ahead and not listen to me. UNINSTALL MakeMKV. And scan the UHD's with the scanner, NOT the blu-rays. The scanner told you the media type is invalid. Which means you have the blu-rays loaded, not the UHD's.

I DO NOT HAVE MKV INSTALLED. I do not use it.
I just got the 4K UHD today in the mail.
Any dvd says it is incorrect media. it will not rip. I know what I am doing. It does play on my home 4k UHD player. The version of anydvdscanner is 1.1.4.3, if there is a later version send me a link because it was hard to find that one in the first place.

I installed MakeMKV. still anydvd is giving read file errors. I am attaching a file from Anydvd scanner.

Attachments

• anydvdscanner file.txt
    969 bytes · Views: 4
This was just released and I am trying to rip for my collection. Is this just an issue because it is new (I'm guessing), or is there some new protection they are putting on these discs? "Error Processing Blu-Ray disc! Please check AnyDVD status window for details."

I did install the beta version to attempt to fix the error but it was the same. ANYSCAN says invalid media and would not prepare a forum post. Screenshot included.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.4.1, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST BD-REWH14NS40 1.02
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 46184896 sectors (90204 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: DD_HONOR_AMONG_THIEVES
Media is AACS protected!
AACS MKB version 77
Drive supports bus encryption!
Disc wants bus encryption!
ERROR: Failed to enable LibreDrive:
MakeMKV v1.17.3 win(x64-release) started
This application version is too old. Please download the latest version at http://www.makemkv.com/ or enter a registration key to continue using the current version.
ERROR processing Blu-ray disc!
You HAVE Makemkv installed. See the message. And only if Makemkv is installed you get the weird Region: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8.

Need to move to UHD. This is also neither a DVD nor a Bluray.

How about post a log from AnyDVD. Forget the scanner, that's not your issue and not going to help. Create and post an AnyDVD log.

You were correct I must have had an old copy of makeMKV installed but I have never used it. Just purchased it tho. I assumed this was the forum I will post what I have on anydvd forum but there was one for the scanner I thought.

Please post an AnyDVD log file as Sam suggested. Right click the fox in the tray. Create logfile.

The MakeMKV integration with AnyDVD is to allow AnyDVD to utilize LibreDrive. This modifies the drive in memory to allow for AnyDVD to work with official UHD drives. That is why you got the message about MakeMKV being too old. If AnyDVD detects MakeMKV on the system, it will attempt to use it.

Now, as far as the scanner goes, if the disc isn't supported by AnyDVD yet, and I can promise you that one isn't as it was just released, the scanner will do very odd things when AnyDVD is having problems. Like the issue you were experiencing prior to updating MakeMKV. Now that you've hopefully resolved that issue, the scanner thread is here:

And you should, hopefully, now be able to run the scanner and generate a proper report. If you're still having issues, post a log file here in this thread and I'll see what else you may need.

Moved to Bluray.

You must update Makemkv to the new release 1.17.4.
Yep, I ran into that yesterday too and it's due to their being a new version of MakeMKV and MakeMKV is requiring the upgrade.

You were correct I must have had an old copy of makeMKV installed but I have never used it. Just purchased it tho. I assumed this was the forum I will post what I have on anydvd forum but there was one for the scanner I thought.
You can simply uninstall MakeMKV and AnyDVD will work.

Back