• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

JRiver MC18

Sorry if this is a dumb question. I haven't used the speedmenu function in anydvd before, can this be used with MC18? Would you recommend to back up to hdd a full copy protected image first and then enable speedmenu for playback? How would this affect MC18 given that it only plays the main movie (or at least what it thinks is the main movie).

Thanks

MC18 doesn't support Speedmenus, so enabling them won't have any effect, it will still play just the main movie.

A couple updates. First the on topic one. MC playlist detection has been improved thanks to jmone and some very large discussions going on. We're hoping SlySoft can export the playlist info to the disc.inf for all movies soon to improve it further.

Second, I got my Panasonic 65" VT50 tonight. OMFG I love this TV! Once it's broken in and ISF calibrated....WOW. It's just phenomenal!!!

A couple updates. First the on topic one. MC playlist detection has been improved thanks to jmone and some very large discussions going on. We're hoping SlySoft can export the playlist info to the disc.inf for all movies soon to improve it further.

I look forward to trying this, quick work again by JRiver's developers cement its superiority in BD playlist selection and main movie playback (for non commercial players)
This combined with the 'disc.inf' reading make it pretty close to perfect in this area.

Second, I got my Panasonic 65" VT50 tonight. OMFG I love this TV! Once it's broken in and ISF calibrated....WOW. It's just phenomenal!!!

Nice! 8) Sounds awesome! :bowdown:

Yea, J River is pretty awesome and responsive.

I tried out Prometheus 3D last night using TMT5 just to check out the 3D. Man, I definitely picked all the right tech for this HT upgrade. My 680 combined with that plasma screen....WOW. I'm doing 150 hour break in with rotating colors....once that's done next week I'll be able to start using the THX modes. And then I'll be able to get the calibration done. Super Bowl this year is going to ROCK.

Yea, J River is pretty awesome and responsive.

I tried out Prometheus 3D last night using TMT5 just to check out the 3D. Man, I definitely picked all the right tech for this HT upgrade. My 680 combined with that plasma screen....WOW. I'm doing 150 hour break in with rotating colors....once that's done next week I'll be able to start using the THX modes. And then I'll be able to get the calibration done. Super Bowl this year is going to ROCK.

Do you use JRiver to launch TMT5 for 3D?
I played with this a little bit and I could only get JRiver to use TMT5 for all ISO files, I couldn't figure out how to add a rule to just play 3D ISO files with TMT5 and JRiver internal player to play the 2D ISO's.

Also I couldn't find a way (In Theater View) of occasionally opening a movie with TMT5, for example if I fancy watching some special features, kind of like XBMC's "play using" option.

I did post over at the support forum, but didn't get much response, I might have to ask again.

The near perfect playlist selection and amazing audio mixing is really pulling me to make the permanent switch to MC18 on my main HTPC (Currently XBMC Eden) but just a few things holding me back still.

Playback wise MC18 is hands down the best :agree:

Off Topic
VT50 + Prometheus 3D + 680 = :bowdown: ;)

I don't do complex setups. I'm a software engineer and I have a philosophy of keeping things simple. I launch TMT5 or PDVD12 when I need them. Otherwise I just load up MC18 and go to town. madshi will work on 3D rendering support this year. That'll give us half of what we need to get 3D support in MC18. We need a decoder, as well. But, just load the right tool for the job when you need it. ;)

I don't do complex setups. I'm a software engineer and I have a philosophy of keeping things simple. I launch TMT5 or PDVD12 when I need them. Otherwise I just load up MC18 and go to town. madshi will work on 3D rendering support this year. That'll give us half of what we need to get 3D support in MC18. We need a decoder, as well. But, just load the right tool for the job when you need it. ;)

I agree, the only advantage XBMC has at the moment (in my case not for all) is once setup it can launch the required program automatically (it can see 3D in the filename and launch TMT5)
Or it can open any file with TMT5 without leaving XBMC with the 'play using' menu.

On the other hand I don't like XBMC's internal player at all and 2 channel music running through JRivers Audio DSP and outputting to 7.1 blows me away (literally) :rock: :D

Edit - I'm an engineer too (Not software obviously) but I am all for spending a little extra time setting something up properly and have it save you time in the future, XBMC external player settings take about 15 minutes extra to setup but have saved me many more minutes of not having to manually switch and open each program ;)

I have to add I have spent/wasted hours getting XBMC external player to read from a 'disc.inf' file, it probably would of took someone with the knowledge 5 minutes lol - It did eventually work and I was quite proud of myself (until I looked back on the hours I had spent lol)

Last edited:
Unfortunatly TMT5 removed the ability to lauch a BD from a folder automatically (I had made an autohotkey script to do this from MC with earlier versions of TMT including returning you to MC once you press STOP from TMT). You can however rip your 3D BD's as ISO and MC will "mount" them then TMT5 will play them if you set windows auto play to prefer TMT5. Of course the issue is then any BD that is mounted, either as a disc or ISO will play in TMT5 not MC).

What are your other MC issues - of you post the link on the MC forum I'll see if I can help.

Edit: Like SamuriHL - when I play the (very) occasional 3d BD I just do it manually in TMT5

Last edited:
I think I've come up with something that works to selectively identify a BD 3D disk when inserted (or mounted from ISO) and allow MC to kick of TMT5 then return back to MC. I've posted the idea is in the MC Beta forum - SamuriHL you want to check it out?

I've got it working "manually" but JR would need to make some changes to automatically make this work.

What are your other MC issues - of you post the link on the MC forum I'll see if I can help.

Just a few things, nothing major -

Limited external player rules (no 'if filename contains X play with X')

No "Play Using" menu to launch a file in an external player if needed, for example if I want JRiver to play everything by default, but sometimes want to view the full disc in TMT, then its easy to just go to "play using" instead of opening TMT manually.

Video cover art is automatically put next to each video file, I prefer everything in one place like a library/ coverart folder, I don't want anything adding anything to my media HDD's.

Mark videos as watched/unwatched from Theater View

JRiver sometimes leaves the ISO file mounted after finishing playback.

I see where you are coming from, and yes I could just manually open TMT5 when needed, but look how much better it is having Youtube/Netflix/Hulu on the JRiver video menu, sure you could just manually open them in Windows but is so much nicer not having to leave JRiver Theater View.

Ideally I want to turn my main HTPC on, boot to JRiver Theater View, and never have leave it to do anything, just sit back and enjoy 8).

Just a few things, nothing major -

Limited external player rules (no 'if filename contains X play with X'
No "Play Using" menu to launch a file in an external player if needed, for example if I want JRiver to play everything by default, but sometimes want to view the full disc in TMT, then its easy to just go to "play using" instead of opening TMT manually.
Your are correct. At present it is done on a file TYPE not a per file basis. MC does have a "Playback Info" field that I guess could be expanded to include external rules but .... there has (to my knowledge) not been much desire from the user community for this.

Video cover art is automatically put next to each video file, I prefer everything in one place like a library/ coverart folder, I don't want anything adding anything to my media HDD's.
I like it all in the same folder as it is easier if you ever need to move or restore but have a look at Tools --> Options --> File Location --> Coverart and see if it does what you want.

Mark videos as watched/unwatched from Theater View
it does this now (it puts a Tick mark in Theater View)

JRiver sometimes leaves the ISO file mounted after finishing playback.
sorry no idea, I don't use ISO much any more.

Best to post each as a Q on the JRiver Interact site.

Last edited:
I like it all in the same folder as it is easier if you ever need to move or restore but have a look at Tools --> Options --> File Location --> Coverart and see if it does what you want.

I have this setting set to a specific folder, but this was in fact answered on my post on the interact forum and for video files the cover art must be in the same location, it can't be changed.

This was not a big issue anyway, it just would of been nice to have a choice.

Thanks for the help :), I will have another play around with it this weekend, I'll keep an eye out if your idea (post #150) gets added to future releases 8).

I think I've come up with something that works to selectively identify a BD 3D disk when inserted (or mounted from ISO) and allow MC to kick of TMT5 then return back to MC. I've posted the idea is in the MC Beta forum - SamuriHL you want to check it out?

I've got it working "manually" but JR would need to make some changes to automatically make this work.

I'll take a look today, sure.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk HD

Back