john wick 2

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by amazing, Sep 5, 2017.

1. amazing

amazing Well-Known Member

i have an interesting dilemna the dvd of john wick 2 works from the beginning but the chapter selection starts on like chapter 5 and if i use the skip on my remote the screen still goes black and the menu on the remote stops and the dvd wont play again until u eject and starts over but the anydvd does its job ne help with this please @James @Pete and i also waited for a couple of anydvd updates to try and fix the prob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

James will have to look at this. Likely structural protection in the menu system getting handled wrongly.
    Does that disk work correctly with AnyDVD disabled?

3. amazing

ill check
    i tried vlc dvd wouldn't work

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  4. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

If the DVD won't work with AnyDVD disabled - then AnyDVD can't fix it either.
    Try it in a licensed player like PowerDVD to be sure.
    -W

5. amazing

Thankx

6. whatever_gong82

whatever_gong82 Well-Known Member

Did you get your issue resolved??

7. amazing

Sadly no but thank you I sent a log file to but give it time if they can I know they will :)

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  8. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Don't want to burst your hopes, but I suggest to use CloneDVD and create a movie only copy.

amazing likes this.
  9. amazing

thankx @James thankx for your time (y):confused::p

ya have ne idea why that happened with john wick 2?

10. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Lionsgate has been loading up their DVD's with so many false menus and bogus title sets that they barely meet the DVD standard (if at all).
    Then they compound the problem by releasing many different protection variants for the same title in the same region.
    James usually does a complete fix for the most common ones when it's a brand new release.
    It's an "old" release now... and if it was a common protection variant it would already have been handled during the release phase.
    -W

11. amazing

12. amazing

@James I did what you recommend and the movie only John wick 2 worked like a charm tyvm :love::love::love:

13. Art Masson

Art Masson Well-Known Member

Interesting....wondering if we should use the "movie only" approach on all Lionsgate DVDs...might save @James lots of heartache!

14. amazing

15. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

I do movie only as an SOP - saves drive space.
    I watch the bonus crap once (if that) from the original DVD.
    No need to see it twice.
    -W