• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

John Wick 2

By the way, those with Cinivia woes, simply get a DVD player that isn't Cinivia aware. This isn't something that is contained withing the DVD. It requires a player that understands the watermark and has the firmware which will inhibit audio during playback once the recognized watermark is present.

There are NEW PLAYERS out there for $30 that have HDMI out and are progressive scan. So yeah it's not BluRay but you can watch ANY dvd you wish and it will play it.

I have:
Toshiba SD3400N
It was $29.95 at WalMart.

This isn't something that is contained withing the DVD

Wrong, there's numerous dvd's that have cinavia (esp if bundled eg in multi disc editions and the Blu-ray has it too). Play those in a Blu-ray detecting player and those DVDs will trigger it just the same.

DVD only players however are not required to detect it and don't have the hardware to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

Wrong, there's numerous dvd's that have cinavia (esp if bundled eg in multi disc editions and the Blu-ray has it too). Play those in a Blu-ray detecting player and those DVDs will trigger it just the same.

DVD only players however are not required to detect it and don't have the hardware to do it.

I said no different. What I said was the technology is not self contained in the DVD itself. Read my post again. CAREFULLY.

I stated specifically that it REQUIRES COMPLIANT HARDWARE. I even offered up a DVD player that is absent the Cinivia compliant chipset.

What you stated was "No Kevin, why don't you put that DVD into a PS4 and watch in amazement as it flags Cinivia" I never said that scenario wouldn't.

So actually I am still correct. The Cinivia technology is not solely on the DVD itself. If this were true, I could take a DVD store bought copy of a movie that has Cinivia on it, put it into my Denon DVM4800 and it would trigger the audio restriction.. it doesn't... The DVD is incapable of wiring hardware or flashing my components firmware.. Sorry...

Some of us more experienced users know how to open them but there's no personal info in it if you're wondering. Just some basic hardware info and disc specific info needed for problem diagnosis.

That's all

Ch3vr0n

Just to clarify, the reason I posted that was because a few people displayed issues with Cinavia and were suggesting lengths of building a Raspberry Pi and emulating a player on that... Granted that is a solid solution but for most people they just want to pop in a DVD and watch it. Converting, etc. is a bit more work than what you really would have to do. So my post was in the vein of trying to be helpful to the community in the sense that "Hey, for $30US you can end Cinavia permanently.

I hope this makes more sense.

THANK YOU! That did the trick! Quick question...

Are the devs the only people who can read the ziplog files? Or can I read them? Just curious... always want to know what information I am putting out into the interwebs for all to see...
Moderators can also read the ziplog files as well.

Don't worry about any of that.

I see one of the mods--Ch3vr0n--beat me to it.

(y)

I appreciate the info. Not necessarily the condescending "Some of us more experienced users know how to open them" rermark. I wasn't going to try and use Hex editors or any similar tool by presumption alone. Whether you've been doing this for 30 years or 1 day you cannot tell me what CD is in my drive can you? So it has nothing to do with experience or knowledge. It has to do with a file format that you haven't come across and yeah sure one could be systematic about it and use various tools to open and read it. It's a lot faster to ask... hence forum. I know you're a mod so I am not trying to start anything believe me. I just always get rubbed the wrong way when I am in a community of help environment and I get a microsoft-esque repsonse to a perfectly valid question.. that's all. It's not a personal thing.

That being said I am actually grateful for the info. 1)I am past the issue with the DVD 2)I can now open and read the ziplog files. It was nothing that required any experience at all.. I figred... hmm "ZIP" so I used WinRAR and the sucker opened right up.. then a helpful user PM'd me the same info (He said rename to .zip which essentially yields the same result)

I admit I was looking for a quick answer rather than doing the research. We both know it can be a 5 minute venture or a long one. In this case I just came off as lazy.. but that file could just as easily be hash and it's encrypted.. The reason why I was thinking that may be the case is because obviously the Devs at RedFox need to keep prying eyes (MP double A) from reverse engineering their software as best they can. It only allows the software houses that use protection to better combat the efforts of RedFox. I remember WAY back in the H4 days of DirecTv and it was the same game of cat and mouse.

People who would post public CAMs were stupid because then DTV would see the CAM in the forum and down the card.. In some cases they'd write over the bootstrap (don't know if anyone here remembers "Black Monday")

You had to homebrew your revolvement of the hash otherwise you'd simply be advertising what DTV needs to block tier wise...

I was taking that approach when I double clicked, picked notepad and saw jumble... I thought, if this is simply a "text file" that has info in it, then maybe they encrypt it so only the devs can see. It wasn't a stretch.

I also knew there was a good possibility it wasn't text and that it was actual file data which means you need a tool/reader or it is an actual zip...

Either way thanks again!

Cheers.

(Incidentally I find this community very helpful, knowledgeable and QUICK AS HECK. I am in Citrix forums a lot and you should just set your watch to 2 weeks before anyone replies.. Definitely grateful and will aim to contribute as much as I am asking as well.)

Back