• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

issues with new AnyDVDhd installation - drive not detected by AnyDVD

vincentR

Hello, everybody!

Although I did never wrote anything in here, I used AnyDVD for a while now, and first of all I want to say thank you for what I believe is a quite good and well supported software.

Next, I swear I searched for solutions in this forum and in the web for days now, and tried several things, but nothing leads to the end. If there is a thread I have overseen, please help me to find it.

No I try to explain my issue:

I'm registered user (lifetime) and didn't have any issues on my old Vista 32bit.

Now I bought a new device running Win7 Home Premium 64bit. AnyDVD was one of the first programms installed, so up to now there is not much on it which might cause a conflict. I did already install mgBurn, but that one is uninstalled now...

If I install AnyDVD, anything is fine for the first reboot. Drive is detected, and AnyDVD works.

But that is gone for the second reboot after installation. Drive is not detected by AnyDVD anymore, although it is working properly (unsupported by AnyDVD) in Windows itself.

This behaviour is completly reproducable.

- Boot as admistrator
- deactivate UAC
- unistall AnyDVD
- confirm any registration keys might be uninstalled as well
- reboot as administrator
- run actual version install software with "run as admin"
- reboot as admin
- AnyDVD starts and drive is active (due to the fact that it is a new device, this is also valid in trial mode! 21 days are not gone yet)
- reboot once again as admin wihtout any changes, and drive is not detected by anyDVD anymore...
Error message box: "no DVD drive detected. 1....2...3....4....."
Afterwards AnyDVD starts and displays "AnyDVD ist für Laufwerk E: nicht aktiviert! TSSTCORP BDDVDW SN-506BB SB00 1113"

What I tried:
- Installing it several times as regular admin, or also as the system default admin who is usually set to /inactive
- using it in trial mode, or registering it using my key (which is valid and doesn't show any error messages)
- using the newest 7.4.2.0
- using an older 6.xxx version
- checking for any lower or upper filter which might cause conflicts (there was no entry I fount in the registry)

Hardware info: TSSTcorp BDDVDW SN-506BB ATA Device - generic Windows driver

Software info: no external virus or firewall software - only Win7 own tools (Essentials...)

Any idea what happens? I'm becoming desperate... I really need help...

Thank you for your time and advice!

Best regards, vincent

more info

...to be continued:

- Microsoft Security essentials deactivated - no change
- fingerprint sensor and BioExcess fingerprint sensor software autostart deactivated - no change

Attached two logs. One after first reboot (AnyDVD works), second one after second reboot (AnyDVD doesn't activate the drive anymore)

Still searching for good ideas...

Best regards, vincent

Attachments

• sysinfo AnyDVD 742 first boot.zip
    15.6 KB · Views: 4
  • sysinfo AnyDVD 742 second boot.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 2
...to be continued:

- Microsoft Security essentials deactivated - no change
- fingerprint sensor and BioExcess fingerprint sensor software autostart deactivated - no change

Attached two logs. One after first reboot (AnyDVD works), second one after second reboot (AnyDVD doesn't activate the drive anymore)

Still searching for good ideas...

Best regards, vincent

Someone or something is removing the AnyDVD.sys driver from your lower filter entry in the optical disc class driver registry. It isn't present in both logs, but it must have been there after the first reboot, otherwise AnyDVD wouldn't work.

Please post a .ziplog file from a working disc. The sysinfo file is very minimalistic.

O.k....

First, I'm working with those ziplogs for the first time, and I'm no native speaker.

When you write "Please post a .ziplog file from a working disc" I shall insert a disc which is encrypted by AnyDVD and start AnyDVD system information once again, that's right?
Or is there any other way to create those ziplogs you need to help me?

If I'm right, here are the new files:
View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.2.0_Info_1 first reboot trial.ziplog View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.2.0_Info_2 still first reboot after registration.ziplog View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.2.0_Info_3 second reboot.ziplog

By the way: There was an "AnyDVD.sys" entry in the first file I sent last time. It was not the one you searched for?

Thanks in advance! I really appreciate your help!

vincent

When you write "Please post a .ziplog file from a working disc" I shall insert a disc which is encrypted by AnyDVD and start AnyDVD system information once again, that's right?
Or is there any other way to create those ziplogs you need to help me?

From "How To Ask For Help - Before You Post" sticky:
How to post an AnyDVD log file:
1.) Make sure AnyDVD is running.
2.) Put the problematic original movie DVD in your DVD drive. Wait for AnyDVD to scan the disc. (Please make sure you wait 10-15 minutes, some discs may take that long. If it still doesn’t work, do the following with no disc in the drive.)
3.) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
4.) Select "Create Logfile…"
5.) Wait for AnyDVD to create a log file.
6.) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where AnyDVD created the logfile and the logfile's name. (Typically AnyDVD will create a folder in My Documents named AnyDVD logs) Click "OK".
7.) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Version_info_Driveletter_titleofmydisc.ziplog" (If the drive was empty, it will be called “AnyDVD_Version_info_Driveletter_EMPTY_DRIVE”).
8.) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forum, look for the icon that looks like a paperclip (next to the Smilies icon).
9.) If you don't see the paperclip icon, click the "Go Advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
10.) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forum).
11.) Click the "Browse" button, locate and select the .ziplog file you created.
12.) Click "Upload".
13.) Click “Close this window”. The .zip file should be attached for us to look at.

Last edited:
By the way: There was an "AnyDVD.sys" entry in the first file I sent last time. It was not the one you searched for?

AnyDVD.sys is loaded in that first log file, yes, that's because it WAS in the filter chain during the first boot.
Then that filterentry got removed from the registry and, as a consequence, AnyDVD.sys no longer loads.

Probably some startup application cleans up that registry area - you can check with msconfig and try to deactivate those and see if that improves the situation (and also find out which one it was).

As far as I can see, all neccesary AnyDVD entries are still in the registry after second boot! At least I don't find any obvious difference in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs]

or

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\AnyDVD].

Can you explain which registry entry is responsible and neccesary for starting that filter?

Is there a chance to check whether it has been started at boot and killed immediatly by something else?

thanks, vincent

Deactivating anything which might be deactivated in msconfig doesn't change the behaviour. All boxes unchecked in both startup and services, including unchecked MS and Intel services.

It looks like I'll have to start completly new, killing the existing system...

vincent

Can you explain which registry entry is responsible and neccesary for starting that filter?

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

value: "LowerFilters" should contain "AnyDVD".

After several hundreds reboots I got some success in that issue.

Deactivating all startup options and services, then complete new installation will keep AnyDVD working, even after several reboots in that state. It looks like I missed one step when trying this first.

Then I started to reactivate services and startup option. And rebooted each time. With success. Until the last four or five items where checked once again. Then the drive was gone again.

So starting new, with only those five items unchecked, but that didn't succeed. Confusing.

After a while I understood that I have to reboot twice after each change in startup to see which process is the bad one...

I'll do some more tests and come back soon...

vincent

Solved!

It was a driver called "Hotkey" which is part of the original software of my new Schenker/XMG laptop. (Clevo backbone)
It's responsible for some keyboard shortcuts and fast access to adjustments like brightness or energy saving options.

Removing this one from autostart is enough to solve it.

Deinstalling the 7.0021 version and installing the new 7.0028 version from XMG website seems to solve that issue as well. Or maybe the problem doesn't occur because 7.0028 was installed afterwards... Who knows...

At least deinstalling Hotkey, installing AnyDVD and installing the newest version of Hotkey is a solution.

I have to quit now, but I'll keep an eye on it and will keep you informed, if 7.0028 leads to any trouble again...

Thanks, vincent

It was a driver called "Hotkey" which is part of the original software of my new Schenker/XMG laptop. (Clevo backbone)
It's responsible for some keyboard shortcuts and fast access to adjustments like brightness or energy saving options.

Removing this one from autostart is enough to solve it.

Good news, thanks for the feedback.
BTW: concerning this:

vincentR said:
Now I bought a new device running Win7 Home Premium 64bit. AnyDVD was one of the first programms installed, so up to now there is not much on it which might cause a conflict.

Those preinstalled OEM versions from notebook manufacturers are anything but a "clean Windows".
They mess up the installation with "added value" by adding countless useless applications that slow down the computer, cause frequent crashes or incompatibilities as in your case.

I had a Dell twice in my life so far and ended up installing an original Windows from scratch both times, to make those things useable (after spending a lot of time watching wait cursors for minutes at a time not really knowing what I'm waiting for and clicking away exception messages).

Back