• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Issues ripping The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition (US)

I can't imagine so but I honestly don't know. I've not run into a problem like that. I use DVDCatalyst to convert my stuff for my Xoom and my wife's iPad2 all the time. I've never had an issue.

thanks for all your help once again ...

i am trying this one more time with the bd copy i made, without anydvd running and with a lesser bitrate to see if the size of the file may be the problem. i doubt that, but you never know .... eventually i'll figure it out.

when this encoding job finishes in a few hours i'll find out.

Good luck. If there's anything else I can do let me know.

i appreciate your help ... thank you. i am leaning towards this being a file size limitation issue of the codec or something. i haven't heard about such problems but i've never encountered or looked for it.

i'll see what google digs up

apparently file size is a factor with mp4/h.264, not sure why, but found this thread in the support forum (i didn't know they had a support forum for avs products):

http://forum.avs4you.com/posts.aspx?lng=ENG&t=3166

i will drop my bit rate and this time, the file better play or i'll get mad ... this is the 4th time i'm trying to encode this disc and my machine has spewed enough heat to heat this room for a full winter ....

Sweet. Glad you found a possible solution, even if it does kinda suck. :D

seems strange as I've encode mp4 and h264/x264 files bigger than 5GB (but not used this program)

i'm trying to get to the bottom of this still ... and although i had to drop the bitrate i didn't do so by much. my target is normally 3500kbps which yields files around 3600kbps. so i set my target for this movie at around 3250kbps.

my previous encode was getting close to 4GB in size with an hour left to encode, when i stopped the job i was able to play the file.

so the compromise is 250kbps from the bitrate, don't mind much as i wouldn't be able to detect that when watching the movie. resolution is still 1920x1080.

i am making the same compromises with movies that i've made with audio concerning the codec, bitrate, etc. trying to stay consistent across the board of movies i have so hopefully my collection will turn out nice.

I just purchased Lord Of The Rings trilogy Extended Version and ripped the 3 movies (6 disc) as ISO's so I can watch them via Media Browser and TMT 5.2.

The rip seems to have worked but when I try to play the ISO I get the "your running a copy / disable ripping software" message..... I don't have AnyHDDVD running when playing ISO's and I ripped the movies using the latest version of AnyHDDVD. I have the UK versions of the film.

I read through this thread and didn't really see an answer to why I can't play the ISO and I also read through a similar thread about playing the discs with AnyHDDVD running.

I'm having to watch the film from the discs but I want to watch from the ISO on my HTPC.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

if you ripped them with the latest version you shouldnt be getting that message. The Sony BD-J should be fixed for it, unless you got a different version. Please post an anydvd logfile. What version of anydvd do you have installed? Because with the beta 6913 all is well (atleast for region B, the US is region A)

Last edited:
if you ripped them with the latest version you shouldnt be getting that message. The Sony BD-J should be fixed for it, unless you got a different version. Please post an anydvd logfile. What version of anydvd do you have installed? Because with the beta 6913 all is well (atleast for region B, the US is region A)

Just curious, this thread is for the US version (released by Warner Bros), it doesn't have that protection on it, does it? I think that only applies to one of the foreign (non-US) releases, and I think there's a thread about it...

Well if you get that "copy detected" message on the us version prior to 6913 (or 6912) then yes it has that protection. Afaik it had to be (bugfixed / new fix for new protection) fixed in one of the latest betas.

Well if you get that "copy detected" message on the us version prior to 6913 (or 6912) then yes it has that protection. Afaik it had to be (bugfixed / new fix for new protection) fixed in one of the latest betas.
The U.S. version of LOTR EE having Sony BD-Java protection? That's news to me. AFAIK that was limited to European editions (see the early posts in this thread)... :confused:

I did rip them with latest version, but not the beta 6.9.13 so I'll give that a go. If it doesn't work then I'll post a logfile.

Thanks

I never said it (the us version) actually had that protection, i was going on previous replies that seemed to INDICATE it has it.

That's why I was asking, I've never seen a US released disc (of LOTR) that produces this message... I think the poster has a European version.

jup but he is posting in the US version thread so anything's fair game.

Back