• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Not a RedFox Issue Issue with YT - Free Movies Not Found

Drew2u

Hello all,

Today I tried to download 2 free movies from YouTube, but they're not showing up in AS via search on (1) title or (2) full URL or (3) video ID...

Did YT change something to block them or am I doing something wrong in my searches in YT in AS?

Logs are attached. I'm running AS 1.5.6.4 beta 64-bit version on Windows 2010.

Note: I tested by downloading a short YT video and it succeeded, so YT is "up" as far as short videos go, but searches for the two free movies don't show them as results.

In the code block below, paste the URL into a browser and they should show up as "Free" from "YouTube Movies & TV".

Movie 1: The Green Knight
Search attempts on the title, on the full URL, and on the video ID yielded no hits in AS.
Code:
Full URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfXqlUJiaA0
Video ID: EfXqlUJiaA0

Movie 2: The Thing About Harry
Search attempts on the title, on the full URL, and on the video ID yielded no hits in AS.
Code:
Full URL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F70JzlzhCPw
Video ID: F70JzlzhCPw

Thanks for your time - I'm hoping it's something stupid I'm doing and not a YT issue ...

Thanks!

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.5.6.4.astlog
    237.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hey RF, nope that's not it... And I should have pointed it out that the the video ID and full URL from YouTube browser are showing up completely unrelated videos.

When YT was first added, I could simply enter the video in the AS YT search box and it would find that exact video. I haven't used YT in AS in a couple weeks, but today when I try the video ID won't return the title at all in AS, or returns a different title like in your screen above.

(And as always, thanks for checking in to it so quickly!)

Quick note: I left some stray characters in my first post in the full video URL: the "&pp" at the end shouldn't be there. But the video ID below in the code block 1 was correct... I fixed the first post.

At YouTube web site in any browser, in the search field enter the below video ID and you'll see the free movie, but they're not showing up in YT in AS...

F70JzlzhCPw
^ video ID for The Thing About Harry

EfXqlUJiaA0
^ video ID for The Green Knight

Thanks.

There are about 5 films " The thing about Harry"

Harry.png

Hey RF, thanks again. Our messages cross-posted while I was editing above.

Those are not the official free movies that YouTube is making avaialble - those are shorts or split scenes from others.

Here's what I just added in a post above: At YouTube web site in any browser, in the search field enter the below video ID and you'll see the free movie, but they're not showing up in YT in AS.

F70JzlzhCPw
^ video ID for The Thing About Harry

EfXqlUJiaA0
^ video ID for The Green Knight

The above are the official full-length free movies.

When YT first came out, you could search the video ID in AS and get the exact match you'd get in the browser, but as of right now that's not working for me. I have a feeling YT changed something ...

Unfortunately none of those are the full-length movie that YT shows and that I'm looking for in AS.

I think this is something YT is doing to "block" their official free-length theatrical movies...

A couple weeks ago I download the full fan-generated movie "Star Trek Frontiers". Search for this on YT as "SAlGf5Wfe4g", the video ID, and then search that same ID "SAlGf5Wfe4g" in YT in AS and you see the exact match. It downloads perfectly in full-HD.

But the full-length theatrical content that is on YT that is from "YouTube Movies & TV" doesn't show up in AS by name, by URL or video ID.

Oh well. Thanks for checking into this RF. I think they're blocking it... :(

Yes -this would have been so great if it worked, would have been equivalent of getting the commercial/theatrical Freevee movies from Prime, but just getting them from YouTube instead. It's what it is...

Thanks again - hope you have a great rest of your day!

Anything that's part of YouTube "Movies and TV" cannot be downloaded, free or not.

You.png

I think this is something YT is doing to "block" their official free-length theatrical movies...

A couple weeks ago I download the full fan-generated movie "Star Trek Frontiers". Search for this on YT as "SAlGf5Wfe4g", the video ID, and then search that same ID "SAlGf5Wfe4g" in YT in AS and you see the exact match. It downloads perfectly in full-HD.
The "free with ads" titles are DRM protected, which is most likely why they don't show up with searches in AS. For what it's worth, you can't download those titles with yt-dlp either. The Frontiers title you mentioned is not protected since it is on a regular user's channel, so the download is available.

The "free with ads" titles are DRM protected, which is most likely why they don't show up with searches in AS. For what it's worth, you can't download those titles with yt-dlp either. The Frontiers title you mentioned is not protected since it is on a regular user's channel, so the download is available.
Anything that’s part of YouTube movies and TV cannot be downloaded

Youtube seems to still need much work but I'm sure it will improve with time.

It looks like the video picture with the giant grasshoper on the wall suposedly from Mexico is finally gone?
It is pretty disgusting and kept showing up no matter what I searched for! I hope it never comes back.

Peacock at last, that is great, and on my birthday!

You cannot download any free movies from YouTube movies and TV. They are not part of this package. Free or not.

Yeah, I think the movies and TV content come from YTTV, therefore encrypted. I have YTTV, and the same free movies and TV are on both services.

I love that YT is now included with AS. I watch more YT content than any of the other streaming services combined.

I hope that someday AS includes YTTV and Apple TV

Maybe someday, always come back to the forum and check once in a while. Our developers can do great things.

Back