• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

issue with being able to burn Blu-Ray using keep protection

I don't know. I have custom firmware that I patched myself using Media Code Speed Edit and I didn't do anything special. I have LG drives in both my machines. I never did safe mode or any of that. It's probably recommended to exit AnyDVD before updating the firmware. Disabling AV isn't a bad idea, as well. Basically just have nothing running and run the update program. Then leave the system alone til it's done. :)

Thnx. To update how to’s – any other advice?
Where: LG website
Windows 7- use safe mode; be sure to disable antivirus [only using MS Security essentials].
Please comment on any additional precautions to avoid damage to burner; or you can just humor me that its safe and easy.

I can help you with that part.

1. Make sure there is no disc in drive
2. If possible hook your pc to UPS
3. Disable antivirus and antispyware and Anydvd. Basically your aim is to disable every program which Interact with drive.
4. Make sure no other program runs
5. Flash Drive

Your drive has fail safe mode which allow recovery in event of of things going wrong during flashing of the drive.

Firmware can be downloaded from here and make sure that is indeed the drive and yes you can flash even if you are using windows 7. Also no need for safe mode.

http://www.lg.com/uk/support/produc...customerModelCode=GGW-H20L&initialTab=drivers

Last edited:
excellent feedback; and added peace of mind. I'll do so tomorrow. I have also updated any drivers to the most current for the PC. So, after updating the firmware on the Lg burner, any loose end variables should be ruled out.

Back