• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Issue when finished with a profile

3.2.0.9 looks good in its new appearance and still has the same 12824.exe problem. After the last test you suggested, I guess it comes down to a question of how 12824.exe behaves when a profile is shutting down. In any other circumstances, an entity that refuses to listen to all outward stimuli, holds everything up around it and refuses to go away, would be called 'Management'...

Chris M

No problems with explorer hanging when doing the above steps on Tomb Raider 2 profile.
:D

Ah, interesting... The problem doesn't seem to be manifest any more. The profile shuts down normally and the GJ icon vanishes from the tray. What more can I try to nail it down?

Chris M

Ok this is very interesting... need to go away and study what is happening when GJ is shutting down the profile.

3.2.1.2 works better with the DK profile at fault but the problem's still there at the end. The improvement is that GJ can apparently be shut down now, whereas it used to be that the icon in the tray just sat there. However, 12824.exe is still left behind and is still inhibiting new processes. What can I do to help with this?

Chris M

3.2.1.2 is as bad as 3.2.0.9 was.

Hangs windows at the START of the game now (wont even launch the game now).
Still hangs windows (at the start of the game now, instead of when closing game).

Doesnt matter if I use a pre-made profile (gen 3 or gen 4 engine), or a 3.2.1.2 made profile.
Doesnt matter what cpu settings I use (tried all cpu's, 1 core, other core, mix of cores).

Still hangs windows.

3.2.1.2 works better with the DK profile at fault but the problem's still there at the end. The improvement is that GJ can apparently be shut down now, whereas it used to be that the icon in the tray just sat there. However, 12824.exe is still left behind and is still inhibiting new processes. What can I do to help with this?

Chris M

3.2.1.2 is as bad as 3.2.0.9 was.

Hangs windows at the START of the game now (wont even launch the game now).
Still hangs windows (at the start of the game now, instead of when closing game).

Doesnt matter if I use a pre-made profile (gen 3 or gen 4 engine), or a 3.2.1.2 made profile.
Doesnt matter what cpu settings I use (tried all cpu's, 1 core, other core, mix of cores).

Still hangs windows.

Argh... not what I wanted to hear :bang:
Back to the drawing board. I need to come up with a new plan.

Make 12824.exe respond with logs? Seek and hunt down mutexes? Take more ACID ? :D

Chris M

Chris M

In re-reading this post, I need to clarify something. The 12824.exe process is meant to remain even after the game is shutdown. Are you able to shutdown GJ (this should make this process disappear)?

Nope, can't shut it without re-booting. 12824.exe makes Chuck Norris look soft, it just won't die. So, after the game shuts down (normally as far as I can see), GJ and 12824.exe still sit there. In the latest version, GJ appears to go away insofar as the icon drops out of the tray, but (you guessed it!) 12824.exe is still in the machine...

My Civ3 profile occasionally/intermittently displays this behaviour, the Freelancer one hasn't yet, and the DK2 profile does it every time,

Chris M

In re-reading this post, I need to clarify something. The 12824.exe process is meant to remain even after the game is shutdown. Are you able to shutdown GJ (this should make this process disappear)?

Actually, I am able to end task the process (with 3.2.1.2), but it makes no difference whatsoever.
Although the GJ systray icon never goes away.

Windows is still hung, either way.

We are working on this...

Can all 3 of you try the following test.
1) Start the profile.
2) While the game is running, alt-tab out and kill the Game Jackal process (will be a name like 12345.exe)
3) Close the game.

Let me know if all is ok. i.e. no hanging... drive works correct etc and maybe start a new profile.

FYI i know we have done this test before... however I want to verify with this version of GJ.

OK, that worked pretty much as expected. The 12824.exe was able to be killed, the game was able to be resumed and then ended normally, and then the GJ icon disappeared from the tray. Everything appears to be normal at this point; your concern re the closing of profiles would appear to be well-founded...

Chris M

NB I may have jumped too early; I found difficulties after GJ had apparently gone away, so the effect may be due to something else than 12824.exe actually doing something. Is there anything else I should check after 12824.exe is killed?

Last edited:
I have PM'd both of you with a new test to run.

Wow.
So who removed my post?

It wasnt negative or anything.
Just giving info.

Whatever.

Back