• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Issue when finished with a profile

3.2.0.7 beta has the same behaviour; do you want me to go through the various tests again? Also, it's just caused Outlook 2007 SP2 to bomb and start complaining to MS...

Chris M

:bang:

Back to the drawing board... I need to take yet another look are the drivers.

The only thing I'd add is that I've got three Safedisc profiles, only one of which displays this behaviour. The other two both comment that there are missing sectors, the failing profile doesn't. The other two behave as one would hope, they shut down correctly (and quickly since the new generation of engine...) and generally stay out of the way. There's something about this one that just kicks GJ over the edge...

Chris M

Build 3.2.0.7 beta wont even load my profiles now (the TombRaider and Recoil and Carmageddon), whether it is the previously created profile (3.2.0.5-6), or when I create a new one with the beta.

:(

The only thing I'd add is that I've got three Safedisc profiles, only one of which displays this behaviour. The other two both comment that there are missing sectors, the failing profile doesn't. The other two behave as one would hope, they shut down correctly (and quickly since the new generation of engine...) and generally stay out of the way. There's something about this one that just kicks GJ over the edge...

Chris M

Ok... that is interesting. Can you list these 3 games (and which ones lockup and which ones display an error message).

Build 3.2.0.7 beta wont even load my profiles now (the TombRaider and Recoil and Carmageddon), whether it is the previously created profile (3.2.0.5-6), or when I create a new one with the beta.

:(

I have sent you a PM with some further questions.

Hi Matthew,

The three games are Dungeon Keeper 2 (which hangs, has locked capture mode and has no missing sectors), Civ3 (which behaves, has locked capture mode and has missing sectors) and Freelancer (like Civ3). Civ3 has always been the bellwether for GJ's compatibility as far as I've been concerned, so I'm surprised to find it behaving and DK2 hanging...

Anything I can do to these to help?

Chris M

3.2.0.8 doesn't help. I haven't recreated the profiles with the new one but Civ3 & Freelancer still work, DK2 still doesn't. Should I try recreating the DK2 profile with 3.2.0.8?

Chris M

3.2.0.8 doesn't help. I haven't recreated the profiles with the new one but Civ3 & Freelancer still work, DK2 still doesn't. Should I try recreating the DK2 profile with 3.2.0.8?

Chris M

Yes if you could that would be great.

Hmm, having problems with this. First attempt with a completely vanilla profile came back as failing the CD test on running. Allowing the Wizard a couple of hours to find the bits it thought would be useful resulted in the profile passing that "CD present" test but then just sitting there with a blank screen, failing to show the intro animation.

A second attempt with the Safedisk/generic profile option and Image Mode again took a couple of hours whilst resulting in the same as the Wizard's attempt.

Any suggestions as to what would be a quicker way to go? Anything else I could do with this to help?

Chris M

I assume you are using v3.2.0.8 and the game is DK2?
Can you post log files please and I will take a look.

Certainly is! These are the logs from trying the DK2 with Safedisc generic and Image Mode,

thanks,

Chris M

Attachments

• DK2.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 2
Can you also post "39939-8130930208.srb". This is contained in the profile library folder (i.e. C:\Program Files\SlySoft\Game Jackal\Profile Library).

Sorry for the delay, aging mothers, wills, dead relatives, nasty stuff all round...

Chris M

Attachments

• 39939-8130930208.zip
    744 bytes · Views: 1
Thanks... will take a close look at this file.

Well... i'm running out of ideas. I got a hold of DK2 and it worked fine. I even used the srb file posted by ChrisM and it was still fine.

ChrisM... what version of DK2 are you running.

Basically im trying to replicate the issue here...

Hi Matthew,

I'm running DK2 v 1.7. As such, it's not actually DK2 that's the problem; I've got a 'working' profile that runs it just fine, it just leaves my PC in a slightly more brain-dead state than usual (no new programs etc.). Is there anything that I should be able to tell you when the PC is in this state? Is there anything that 12824.exe should do/tell/demonstrate when it's left lying around?

I admit that the more recent DK2 profile (that you've been testing) has problems of its own on my system but they're almost of no import until the 'hangover' goes away. I'll have to re-boot this after this post as I ran the DK2 profile to get the version number, and that now means no new programs (I ran this browser beforehand) will run, so anything that I can get to tell you about the hangover might help.

I guess it might be worth commenting that 12824.exe is the nearest thing to bullet-proof that I've ever seen on a Windows machine; it alone survives when the machine is shutting down, and if Windows tries to kill it (asking whether I want to kill it and lose unsaved work etc.), the kill attempt usually fails. The hardware reset button on the motherboard is the next resort before losing patience and switching the PSU off. If you made this the core of Windows 7, the damn thing would never die. Interestingly, the same DK2 profile has worked with 3.2.0.6, .7 and .8 without recreation. Equally, it creates a braindead machine at the end of the run. if there's any way of getting sense out of it...

all the best,

Chris M

Last edited:
Hi Matthew,

I'm running DK2 v 1.7. As such, it's not actually DK2 that's the problem; I've got a 'working' profile that runs it just fine, it just leaves my PC in a slightly more brain-dead state than usual (no new programs etc.). Is there anything that I should be able to tell you when the PC is in this state? Is there anything that 12824.exe should do/tell/demonstrate when it's left lying around?

I admit that the more recent DK2 profile (that you've been testing) has problems of its own on my system but they're almost of no import until the 'hangover' goes away. I'll have to re-boot this after this post as I ran the DK2 profile to get the version number, and that now means no new programs (I ran this browser beforehand) will run, so anything that I can get to tell you about the hangover might help.

I guess it might be worth commenting that 12824.exe is the nearest thing to bullet-proof that I've ever seen on a Windows machine; it alone survives when the machine is shutting down, and if Windows tries to kill it (asking whether I want to kill it and lose unsaved work etc.), the kill attempt usually fails. The hardware reset button on the motherboard is the next resort before losing patience and switching the PSU off. If you made this the core of Windows 7, the damn thing would never die. Interestingly, the same DK2 profile has worked with 3.2.0.6, .7 and .8 without recreation. Equally, it creates a braindead machine at the end of the run. if there's any way of getting sense out of it...

all the best,

Chris M

Thanks for the info... Can you try the following.
1. Start the profile as normal.
2. Alt-tab out of the game the open task manager.
3. Kill the 12824.exe process (if possible).
4. Alt-tab back to the game and then exit the game.

Let me know if the machine still has a probelm after you exit the game.

No problems with explorer hanging when doing the above steps on Tomb Raider 2 profile.
:D

Last edited:

Ah, interesting... The problem doesn't seem to be manifest any more. The profile shuts down normally and the GJ icon vanishes from the tray. What more can I try to nail it down?

Chris M

Ooooh.

3.2.0.9 beta is out.

Dang you.
I need to tile my shower walls this weekend.
This will certainly slow me down.
:p

Back