• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is the only option to buy a Xonar HDAV1.3 to get Full HD audio ??

jamieuk147

this new card allows uncompressed audio to be transferred to any AMP and the software that comes with it doesn't down sample in any way so its ideal for people like me who want full audio.

Now this is no doubt gonna cost £200+ , any ideas if any of the new Graphics cards will allow you to transfer full HD audio.

a member on a forum said this

"The forthcoming ATi cards will support 7.1ch PCM over HDMI, it's unknown if bitstream will also be supported but it doesn't matter with PCM output, all you'll miss is your receiver telling you it's DTS-HD MA etc. No need for the new Xonar which will probably be rather pricey."

can any one confirm this ?? all so going down the graphics card root means you will have to use software that down samples like powerDVD doesn't it.?

this new card allows uncompressed audio to be transferred to any AMP and the software that comes with it doesn't down sample in any way so its ideal for people like me who want full audio.

Now this is no doubt gonna cost £200+ , any ideas if any of the new Graphics cards will allow you to transfer full HD audio.

a member on a forum said this

"The forthcoming ATi cards will support 7.1ch PCM over HDMI, it's unknown if bitstream will also be supported but it doesn't matter with PCM output, all you'll miss is your receiver telling you it's DTS-HD MA etc. No need for the new Xonar which will probably be rather pricey."

can any one confirm this ?? all so going down the graphics card root means you will have to use software that down samples like powerDVD doesn't it.?
I would be interested in this info, too....

Since none of these products (ATI 4000 – ASUS XONAR 1.3) are available, no one can confirm anything.

7.1 LPCM doesn’t necessary mean downsamling. This depends on the software.

But Bitstream also depends on the software (and arcsoft’s player is not as good as pdvd in terms of video quality). PDVD also may already support bitstream (using the HDMI out audio option) (although i doubt it) but we can’t test it (since we don’t have the hardware).

I am a bit reluctant with Asus as, in that case, video should also pass through the sound card (actually the new Xonar has a dedicated video processor). So I am afraid that we may have video issues there.

On the other hand, ATI is the best video solution for HD and 7.1 LPCM is expected to work flawlessly (i mean with no video issues).

I relay don’t believe that bitstream will be supported by 4000 series (although that will be a great surprise).

In any case, let’s see those 2 products and possible software updates.

I believe that we are at least one generation before ‘native’ hdmi 1.3 / bitstream.

I have a HTPC with a Auzentech X-Fi Prelude installed but as I want to send all the new Hidef audio formats uncompressed to my AMP I am going to need to upgrade.

Got a few ?`s

1. Will none of the latest graphics cards due out soon allow you to transfer HD sound uncompressed to my AMP ?? as I am due for a graphics card upgrade so makes sense to go down hat root.

2. My motherboard has 2 x PCI-E slots one of them runs at full speed and the other at 4x speed (Abit Ip35 Pro) would the Xonar HDAV1.3 card work ok running at 4x speed ?

3. will the Xonar HDAV1.3 be good for gaming ?

Last edited:
Back