• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Is the bucket system "broken"?

Jose1

This is not the usual weekly "I want more tokens" thread.

Some weeks ago I noticed that some days I had more tokens that I should after downloading things, but I thought I wasn't remembering things right. Yesterday I noticed it clearly, and today made a test.

I had 22 tokens at 9AM, downloaded 20 episodes of some shows, and at 1:30 PM I had 9 tokens left, as expected. Then I queued another 10 episodes, and got all of them, and still 9 tokens in the bucket. Right now at 6PM I have 17.

So... this is not normal, right?
I have the 1.3.0.0 build, I need that to download in spanish from Netflix.

no, that does not seem right to me.

There are 4.5 hrs (270mins) between 1:30 and 6pm. At 36 mins/token you should have gained ~8 (depending on how far through a 36 min cycle you were at 1:30.

So: 9 plus 10 minus 8 is certainly not 17.

However, 9 plus 8 is 17 ...so it would be correct if the 10 you queued did not download (or were not counted for some reason).

[edited for clarity and typos]

might be broken because you're using an outdated version. Then there's the "issue" where it depends on what you have the allowed download speed at (tokens could be refilling faster than you're downloading) and what the actual download speed is you got.

JCH, you may be right that the last 10 are not counted and maybe it's because of the Prime DRM issues, so I had to download them in 540p (I checked them and they play fine)
This is the log from the two last batches, it's not substracting tokens in the last 10. They are the same episodes in different languages:

[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 19, entry waiting: Esperando a holanda, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 19, tokens 18, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 18, entry waiting: Ante la ley, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 18, tokens 17, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 17, entry waiting: El mito de sísifo, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 17, tokens 16, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 16, entry waiting: Temor y temblor, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 16, tokens 15, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 15, entry waiting: El regalo de los reyes magos, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 15, tokens 14, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 14, entry waiting: Rinoceronte, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 14, tokens 13, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 13, entry waiting: ¿Hiciste tú eso? ¡No, lo hiciste tú!, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 13, tokens 12, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 12, entry waiting: Loplop, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 12, tokens 11, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 11, entry waiting: El castillo, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 11, tokens 10, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 10, entry waiting: Palíndromo, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 10, tokens 9, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, entry waiting: Palíndromo, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, tokens 8, timeToOne 0
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, entry waiting: El castillo, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, entry waiting: Loplop, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, entry waiting: ¿Hiciste tú eso? ¡No, lo hiciste tú!, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, entry waiting: Rinoceronte, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, entry waiting: El regalo de los reyes magos, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, entry waiting: Temor y temblor, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, entry waiting: El mito de sísifo, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, entry waiting: Ante la ley, reserving token
[Debug] [DownloadQueue] quotaAvailable: 9, entry waiting: Esperando a holanda, reserving token

I already deleted the log, I'll try tomorrow if I can replicate it again. By the way, I tried with HBO downloading the episodes twice in different languages and happened again, only deduced the tokens from the first ones. Of course this doesn't happen always, or maybe I didn't notice because I usually use the "download all" button and now I did the same as with Prime, queuing them one by one.

Well maybe it's the devs' easy solution to the multi language download feature request.

Well maybe it's the devs' easy solution to the multi language download feature request.
I asked you for a logfile. Please upload it. Look at the GUI- Upper left - File- Create log file- upload to the forum.

Last edited:
Here's the logfile for Netflix. It happens with any provider, I can download any file again without wasting tokens in any language, but only for those that were in the queue (I can empty it and still download them for free, but I only tried this for a few minutes so it could expire). When I close AS the queue empties so I need to spend a token again.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.3.0.0_netflix.astlog
    267 KB · Views: 0
The developers were here this morning and saw your thread and took your log file. That's all I can do.

Well it seems you are partially correct.
Since version 1.3.0.0 AnyStream caches the keys, so yes, the token count should not go down for movies, that were downloaded already in the same session (= AnyStream not exited).
This was one of the "minor improvements".
This was my message from the developers, directly to your post that I sent them. So if anyone wants to download the same movie 1,000 times in the same session go right ahead. But it has to be the exact same movie in the same session, do not exit AS.

Last edited:
So if anyone wants to download the same movie 1,000 times in the same session go right ahead. But it has to be the exact same movie in the same session, do not exit AS.
I had noticed this happening for the last couple of weeks (at least) and did wonder about it myself. An excellent initiative for which I would like to convey my sincere thanks to the developers.

I had noticed this happening for the last couple of weeks (at least) and did wonder about it myself. An excellent initiative for which I would like to convey my sincere thanks to the developers.
Just remember it has to be in the same session, if you start another session and download the same movie it will count against your tokens.

Back