InstallADvdHlp()failed!....?

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by tex28c, Jan 31, 2008.

1. tex28c

tex28c New Member

I just purchased the key after using anydvd for the 21 days. I am now getting this message when I reboot or attempt to activate anydvd. After receiving this message i get a "initialise_application()failed!" error and the program will not work. I have removed and reinstalled the program twice now. Any help would be great.

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

Is the file ADvdDiscHlp.dll present in the directory, where AnyDVD is installed?
    EDIT: What OS are you using?
    EDIT2: The demo version worked? You did nothing else then installing your license key and it stopped working? Have you activated any anti spyware / anti virus tools recently?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  3. tex28c

tex28c New Member

The file is installed under program files/slysloft/anydvd
    The file that you are talking about is not there.

I am using Win/XP Home

4. James

Please re-download AnyDVD 6.3.1.3 beta and install it. Disable all spyware / anti virus tools while installing. The file should appear in the install directory, and AnyDVD will work.

5. tex28c

tex28c New Member

beta?

I only see .2 on the slysoft page. Is there another site that I would find the beta .3? As far as antivirus, antispam, etc.. I have symantec, threatfire and avg running with the firewall. Once again, the version worked fine until today for some reason.. I have had the purchased version for 3 days now and copied 4 movies with no issues.

6. tex28c

tex28c New Member

same problem

I did dl the beta .3 version and installed it with all my antivirus programs suspended. I double click on my key and hit anydvd icon and get the same error.

7. James

Which version did you use to copy the 4 movies?

8. James

Is the file ADvdDiscHlp.dll now present in the directory, where AnyDVD is installed?

9. James

If the file ADvdDiscHlp.dll is still missing, I attach it to this post. Unzip it and copy it in the directory, where AnyDVD is installed.

Attached Files:

10. NotTooBright

NotTooBright Member

Thank you! I just enjoyed the same problem.

11. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

Firewalls can make this happen also if anydvd can't stop and shut down Anydvd & or CloneCD this can happen from my findings as well.