• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ImgBurn 2.3.0.0 'Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA: None Found! (VTS_01)

Frankenstien

I'm getting the ImgBurn 2.3.0.0 error dialog message as in the Title of this thread when I try to burn a DL+R disc and I'm wondering if it has to do with AnyDVD somehow.

This issue has occurred with the comm. DVD Video titles: Deadwood - Season 3, Discs 1 & 4 (this turns out to be a fatal problem if one continues the burn in that playback of the burned disc halts midway through).

With Deadwood - Season 3, Disc 2, I am seeing an ImgBurn GUI pop-up entitled 'Select Layer Break Position' (this turns out to be a managable problem - the existing Layer Break Position line can be selected and the burn continued by clicking 'OK'. The burned disc plays back acceptably).

I've never run into these problems trying to burn discs with ImgBurn before.

I use DVDDecrypter 3.5.4.0 in conjunction with AnyDVD and create uncompressed (1:1) MDS/ISO file pairs to HDD, then later burn to Verbatim DL+R media using ImgBurn pointed to the MDS file. This has worked well for me for a very long time now. I have always updated AnyDVD as soon as new versions are released.

I'm just wondering if the problems I'm now having trying to burn are in some way related to the AnyDVD 6.1.6.7 update and the way it is involved (along with DVDD3540) in creating the MDS/ISO file pairs.

I have added to an existing thread I found about the primary issue at Clxb CD Frxxks, and, have started a new thread about this issue at the ImgBxrn Sxppxrt Forum.

Any insights?

Attachments

• ImgBurn (Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA) error dialog (Deadwood S.3, D.1), 1635~PDT01AUG07.JPG
    ImgBurn (Optimal L1 Data Zone Start LBA) error dialog (Deadwood S.3, D.1), 1635~PDT01AUG07.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 6
  • ImgBurn - Select Layer Break Position dialog (Deadwood S.3, D2), 1725~PDT01AUG07.JPG
    ImgBurn - Select Layer Break Position dialog (Deadwood S.3, D2), 1725~PDT01AUG07.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1
A new version of Anydvd should be out soon. You may want to wait for the new version and retest.

Thanks Webslinger for the advice ...

It would be nice to know for sure what triggerred the new issue I'm seeing and isolate it to one of three things: AnyDVD6167, ImgBurn2300 (least likely, as it has been installed since APR07 and never produced these issues before) or the original commercially pressed disc. I don't see how it could be anything to do with DVDD3540 as I've been using that s/w / version since APR05 with no problems.

I believe my methodology (DVDD3540 / latest AnyDVD to rip MDS/ISO file pairs to HDD then ImgBurn2300 to burn to DL+R media) is common ... any other suggestions to the contrary?

Or, is it possible to revert AnyDVD back to an older, known stable version by installing the older version on top of the current AnyDVD6167 ... w/o having to completely uninstall / reinstall & re-enter serial key?

TIA, FFF

One thing to note that likely has nothing to do with your issue. You're not using the latest IMGBurn. I suggest you update to the latest version.

No problem. Just for fun you may want to try it with the new version just to see if it makes any difference. Anything's possible.

P.S. You can use IMGBurn's read mode with AnyDVD to create the ISO/MDS image. DVD Decrypter isn't needed if you're doing DL backups. :) I suggest just inserting your original, open IMGBurn, hit R, read it to the hard drive, hit W, and write it out to your DL disc. This is how I do mine and it works fine.

SamuriHL ... your ImgBurn + AnyDVD Read to HDD suggestion could be very helpful (as, I'm sure you know, DVDD3540 is now getting fairly old and no longer updated by LUK - I've just kinda continued to go with what I knew) ... do I need to go into ImgBurn Settings>I/O tab>Interface and set radio button to 'ElbyCDIO - Elaborate Bytes' ... the way I did with DVDD3540?

I think that's the best setting, yes. It's what I have mine set to.

OK then ... pending any word from SlySoft about AnyDVD6167 and possible new issues (like mine), or, an outright update to the proggy ...

I have a couple of things to try / check:

- try new ImgBurn2320 w DVDD3540 and / or by itself (as discussed) to read the MDS/ISO file pair

- to put to rest the PTP (vs. OTP) possibility as to Type (of the original disc) - as raised by LUK over at his forum in this thread - I will check the original disc Type with PlexTools Professional V2.35 and report back there and here.

- going back to my #3 post here ... any thoughts on reverting AnyDVD to an earlier version (say, v6165) to test? I need to find out if I can install an older ver. on top of a newer ver. with correct result, or, if I need to completely uninstall / reinstall AnyDVD to accomplish this?

TIA, FFF

*IF* you're going to go back to a previous version, you will definitely want to do an uninstall/reinstall. You can keep your registration information. (The uninstall asks if you want to keep it or not). Make sure that info is backed up somewhere just in case. (You should always have your registration info backed up somewhere anyway).

OK then ... thank you for all your help ... I've got a few things to consider / try.
FFF

No problem. If there's anything else I can do for you just yell. :)

Oops ... trying ImgBurn2320 (Interface: 'ElbyCDIO - Elaborate Bytes' ) w AnyDVD6167 to Read disc Type: DVD-ROM ,2 layer(s) (OTP) and getting Status (bottom left of ImgBurn GUI): Disc Not Supported (Audio) ...

Do I need to change some other setting(s) in ImgBurn as well?

Not that I know of. It's seeing your DVD as an audio cd?!?! Ummmmm, eh?!

Yeah ...

Your setup must contain some vital difference that allows your ImgBurn to 'see' and Read DVD-ROMs ...

Nope. I just did this the other day on an image. I was able to mount the image no problem. I haven't burned it yet, but, that's coming after I get off work. Haven't had any problems at all. Try switching it back to SPTI and see if that makes any difference. It shouldn't matter.

Nope ... SPTI in ImgBurn, no difference, Disc Not Supported (Audio) ...

I just hate asking stupid questions, but, uh, you VERIFIED that you got the right disc in the drive, right??

Umm ... yup ... I use a Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-106 to read DVD-ROMs and I've definately got the disc in the correct drive and correctly selected in ImgBurn2320 ...

Back