• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

I Can't Make A Region Free Blu-ray

OrcaAmity

Hello.

I'm having problems where I can't post in the forum because the registration activation e-mail never arrives.

I'm hoping you can answer my question about copying a Blu-ray to Region Free here.

I bought a blu-ray movie at Amazon and when it arrived it won't play in my PS3 because the movie is locked on Region A. I need to make a copy of the movie to another blu-ray disc except I need to copy it to Region Free or even Region B. So far every time I'm copied this movie it keeps on copying to Region A and my PS3 can't play these copies where it says "Invalid Region". Somebody sent me a screenshot from another forum telling me to go to Settings, Video Blu-ray and under Blu-ray Disc Region, place a tick where it says Remove Blu-ray Region Code and place a checkpoint next to Automatic. I did all that and my movie copied to Region A again. Where am I still going wrong?

Here are some screenshots of what I changed my settings to before trying again and I said before trying again because enough of my blank blu-ray discs have gone to waste enough as it is and I can't afford to waste anymore over more blunders because these blank discs are expensive.

This is how I changed things that the screenshots show. Yet again the movie still copied to Region A where I keep on getting a message on my TV screen saying "invalid Region". So many people recommended this software to me to get the job done and so far nothing is working for me to copy to Region Free and somebody else told me it can't make Region Free rips to burn to blu-ray. If it can't why are there so many Region settings and why don;t they work for me?

Please help me because I've lost enough money on blank blu-ray discs going to waste as it is and the software cost me money as well.

Thanks.

Attachments

• VIDEO BLU-RAY.JPG
    VIDEO BLU-RAY.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 33
  • SETTINGS.JPG
    SETTINGS.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 31
Hello.

I'm having problems where I can't post in the forum because the registration activation e-mail never arrives.

I'm hoping you can answer my question about copying a Blu-ray to Region Free here.

I bought a blu-ray movie at Amazon and when it arrived it won't play in my PS3 because the movie is locked on Region A. I need to make a copy of the movie to another blu-ray disc except I need to copy it to Region Free or even Region B. So far every time I'm copied this movie it keeps on copying to Region A and my PS3 can't play these copies where it says "Invalid Region". Somebody sent me a screenshot from another forum telling me to go to Settings, Video Blu-ray and under Blu-ray Disc Region, place a tick where it says Remove Blu-ray Region Code and place a checkpoint next to Automatic. I did all that and my movie copied to Region A again. Where am I still going wrong?

Here are some screenshots of what I changed my settings to before trying again and I said before trying again because enough of my blank blu-ray discs have gone to waste enough as it is and I can't afford to waste anymore over more blunders because these blank discs are expensive.

This is how I changed things that the screenshots show. Yet again the movie still copied to Region A where I keep on getting a message on my TV screen saying "invalid Region". So many people recommended this software to me to get the job done and so far nothing is working for me to copy to Region Free and somebody else told me it can't make Region Free rips to burn to blu-ray. If it can't why are there so many Region settings and why don;t they work for me?

Please help me because I've lost enough money on blank blu-ray discs going to waste as it is and the software cost me money as well.

Thanks.
Sorry about your issue with the e-mail, I took care of it. You are good now. As for your issue, the country code and the region code are two different things. Please set the country code in your Playback software. There is also a setting for removing the Country code in AnyDVDHD. This is the first I am hearing of this issue, so maybe the developers can add more.

Last edited:
OrcaAmity:

The mistake your making with blu-ray region removal is that your specifying YOUR OWN region or the region you want it to be. That's not how it works for blu-rays. Blu-ray disc region is stored at the DISC level, not the player level. As such in order to make a region free rip of the disc you need to specify from what region the disc is FROM not where you're at. The disc region isn't always clear, sometimes there's a region logo visible sometimes its not.

If there's a region logo available it's easy to know what region you need to tell anydvd HD. If there isn't, you need to specify the region where you got it from (in your case A), if there are multiple region logo's on the packaging, either of them will do. Due to the complexity of java code on the disc, automatic region removal doesn't always work as anydvd isn't always capable of finding the region in the code. If this happens you manually need to tell anydvd what region the disc is from.

You're in region B, however the disc itself is from region A.

So to create a region free rip

1) tick the box that states "Remove Blu-ray Region Code"
2) pick option 3 "Region A"!!! <== as this is where the disk is from, for blu-rays it does not matter what region YOU are in. The only thing that matters is to tell where the DISK is from

Now you can go ahead and rip the disk, the outcome will be region free and playback should work just fine on the PS3. Whoever told you Anydvd HD can't make region free copies is wrong, it can just fine. Provided you do things the right way.

Keep in mind that

1) if the movie is cinavia (audio DRM) protected, the PS3 will still mute the audio (unless you use CloneBD to remove that in combo with anydvd HD)
2) it is always recommended to rip to ISO image for blu-ray, without going into details don't rip to folder structure (rip video dvd to hard drive, don't let the name fool you. That works for blu-ray too)
3) in case of a 3D blu-ray, you HAVE to rip to ISO image or you'll end up with a folder structure twice the size of the source disk.

you don't need any other software than just Anydvd HD to make region free rips. However i would advise to invest in a BD-RE (blu-ray rewriteable), that way you won't keep wasting disks in the even that you do something wrong :)

Just follow the instructions in red and you'll have a perfectly funtioning region free blu-ray :)

the region settings from the 2nd image don't apply to Blu-ray, if you'll take note you're in the DVD setting :)

Sorry about your issue with the e-mail, I took care of it. You are good now. As for your issue, the country code and the region code are two different things. Please set the country code in your Playback software. There is also a setting for removing the Country code in AnyDVDHD. This is the first I am hearing of this issue, so maybe the developers can add more.

I'm glad the forum has let me in this time. Thanks for fixing that.

About AnyDVD HD, do you mean I should pit a tick where it says Remove The Country Code? I went through the machine I play blu-ray in and they only go as high as 50Hz. I was told elsewhere 50Hz is for Region B so this means I can't adjust it higher for Region A. I've been wanting to make a Region B copy or a Region Free copy to play.

Thanks.

OrcaAmity:

The mistake your making with blu-ray region removal is that your specifying YOUR OWN region or the region you want it to be. That's not how it works for blu-rays. Blu-ray disc region is stored at the DISC level, not the player level. As such in order to make a region free rip of the disc you need to specify from what region the disc is FROM not where you're at. The disc region isn't always clear, sometimes there's a region logo visible sometimes its not.

If there's a region logo available it's easy to know what region you need to tell anydvd HD. If there isn't, you need to specify the region where you got it from (in your case A), if there are multiple region logo's on the packaging, either of them will do. Due to the complexity of java code on the disc, automatic region removal doesn't always work as anydvd isn't always capable of finding the region in the code. If this happens you manually need to tell anydvd what region the disc is from.

You're in region B, however the disc itself is from region A.

So to create a region free rip

1) tick the box that states "Remove Blu-ray Region Code"
2) pick option 3 "Region A"!!! <== as this is where the disk is from, for blu-rays it does not matter what region YOU are in. The only thing that matters is to tell where the DISK is from

Now you can go ahead and rip the disk, the outcome will be region free and playback should work just fine on the PS3. Whoever told you Anydvd HD can't make region free copies is wrong, it can just fine. Provided you do things the right way.

Keep in mind that

1) if the movie is cinavia (audio DRM) protected, the PS3 will still mute the audio (unless you use CloneBD to remove that in combo with anydvd HD)
2) it is always recommended to rip to ISO image for blu-ray, without going into details don't rip to folder structure (rip video dvd to hard drive, don't let the name fool you. That works for blu-ray too)
3) in case of a 3D blu-ray, you HAVE to rip to ISO image or you'll end up with a folder structure twice the size of the source disk.

you don't need any other software than just Anydvd HD to make region free rips. However i would advise to invest in a BD-RE (blu-ray rewriteable), that way you won't keep wasting disks in the even that you do something wrong :)

Just follow the instructions in red and you'll have a perfectly funtioning region free blu-ray :)

the region settings from the 2nd image don't apply to Blu-ray, if you'll take note you're in the DVD setting :)

Thanks. I'll try that. A few times did have the Automatic ticked and then I tried again by ticking Region 2. I don't think I put it in Region 1. I hope this works this time otherwise I'll have more copies of the same movie than Shout Entertainment has. Thanks again.

Region 1 or 2 are DVD regions and don't affect bluray. The only region settings that matter for bluray are in the bluray settings naturally, which are always ask; automatic; a - b or c.

DVD region obviously only applies to DVD's ;-)

Just specify region a and it will work

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thanks So Much

Thanks so much everyone that helped me. I finally got my movie to Region Free. When I tried elsewhere before I found out about this forum, people elsewhere were giving me all kinds of different solutions and some were incorrect there that dragged on for nearly a week and luckily I came here and got things sorted in a matter of hours. Thanks so much to you all that helped me.

Edit: I now see the OP got things sorted out, but I'm leaving this up in case someone needs a deeper explanation.

I agree with both of Ch3vr0n's posts. First of all, DVD regions have nothing at all to do with BD; ignore the DVD region page for now.

Second, for BDs AnyDVD HD needs to know the DISC's region, NOT your own; for this disc it needs to be set to Region A, not B. If you previously chose Region B on the pop-up (from "Automatic" or "Always ask"), before using "Automatic" again set it to "Always ask" and select Region A on the next pop-up; that's the only way to clear out your prior selection. (Selecting the region from the main menu temporarily overrides pop-up selections; if you go back to "Automatic" the old selection still prevails.) If this is set properly to the DISC's region, your rip will automatically be region-free.

Third, at present the "country code" box should only be needed for certain Region A anime discs from the U.S. & Canada. Some North American anime distributors, apparently at the behest of the original Japanese producers, are abusing country codes mainly to prevent their cheaper BDs from being exported to Japan (also Region A). If this is an issue you may want to check the country code box before ripping, but in most cases it shouldn't be necessary.

Finally, don't worry about frame rate issues with your Region B PS3. While North American PS3's accept only NTSC & film frame rates (24, 30 or 60 Hz), PS3's in PAL territories should accept those as well as PAL frame rates (25 or 50 Hz); many BDs (and even some DVDs) sold in PAL territories use NTSC/film frame rates, especially movies. That is completely separate from region & country code issues.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's worth mentioning that the PS3 is a Cinavia enabled player, so even if you manage to remove the region code when ripping a Bluray title, if it was infected with Cinavia by the studio, then it will likely stop playing audio after about 20 minutes.

AnyDVD is primarily designed to remove copy protection, not remove Cinavia infection. To remove Cinavia, you need other tools.

Not worth it really no. as not only is cinavia not even mentioned before, it's also not even remotely relevant to the topic of making a region free bluray. Cinavia has nothing to do with regions removal.

That's on top of the fact that this issue was solved over a month ago.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back