• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunger Games Catching Fire correct mpls

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what you are saying is that this issue persists even to external streamers like the Netgear NeoTV, Horntek, HiMedia and other devices I have as well?

I am very confused now... so if this is not an AnyDVD issue, why do I not have this issue with other iso images in my library?

Also, I have seen this issue twice before (out of several hundred instances) and why was it always solved when a newer version of ADVD came out, and all I did was re-rip later on?

Only some films have an obfuscated playlist, most don't. AnyDVD can fix this on those discs when they are being played as full discs with menus, but your free players don't always pick up on the correct playlist no matter what you do. This has nothing to do with AnyDVD, but is down to the player seeing multiple playlists and just choosing the wrong one, that's why AnyDVD tells you in the status window which one is the correct playlist so if you are using one of these players you can tell it which is the correct one

Still confused...

Thanks for the explanation, this makes sense. Your comments are specific to free players running on a desktop. However, I have 4 different models of hardware players. Since these are far from free (paid $150-$300 for each), one would think these are not susceptible to the same issue. At least in theory they would be able to address with firmware updates.

But the question that still remains unanswered is why I was able to re-rip the same disc using a newer version of AnyDVD and it played correctly. Nothing else changed on the desktop (free player version) or on the 4 hardware players (firmware). So it just seems like ADVD is ripping something differently?

But the question that still remains unanswered is why I was able to re-rip the same disc using a newer version of AnyDVD and it played correctly. Nothing else changed on the desktop (free player version) or on the 4 hardware players (firmware). So it just seems like ADVD is ripping something differently?

What disc/movie was this?
Re-ripping shouldn't fix the problem you are having with this particular type of protection. A player like VLC would still automatically choose the wrong playlist, even if the disc had been fixed in a newer AnyDVD version.

I suspect on those hardware players you are paying for the physical hardware not the playback software used inside, and they probably just use a free player with their own front end on it, if they were proper licensed players then they should play it back with full menu's etc.
As to why it works on some and not others, who knows. Easiest way to get round it would be to run it through BD Rebuilder and make a 'movie only' of the correct playlist, that way you won't have any issue with playlists then

I have only had this issue twice before, and the only movie I can recall was Terminator: Salvation. All I did was re-rip the same disc with newer version of ADVD and all of a sudden it played correctly.

3 of the hardware players I have, do not support full menu for BD's, but the NeoTV 550 does in fact support full menu (which is the only reason I bought it).

Thanks for the tip on using BD-rebuilder... I will check that out. Is it pretty easy to select playlists in that tool?

Please don't say that you are copying something from Redbox. That would be illegal. I'm surprised that a mod hasn't said anything, normally you would be refused help right then and there and some forums could ban you. The Fair Use ideology is that you can make a copy of a disc that you own and even that is not recognized by any studio or court at this time. You could put the whole website in jeopardy of shutdown if it was openly advocating piracy. I'm not ripping you, just giving you a head's up, you have to be careful what you say.

You do realize that some people use AnyDVDHD to play Blurays on players that might not play them otherwise right!? AnyDVD is not just used for copying media.

Was looking for the DTS HD 7.1 Audio on my rental copy and what do you know...it's not there. Lionsgate apparently skimps on the rental copies of their blu-rays and doesn't include the lossless sound. Rascals.

Was looking for the DTS HD 7.1 Audio on my rental copy and what do you know...it's not there. Lionsgate apparently skimps on the rental copies of their blu-rays and doesn't include the lossless sound. Rascals.

Well, if people rent discs for 2$ and then make copies for eternal use, who can blame them ;)

AnyDVD chose 778 as the playlist to play. We watched the movie last night and noticed that in the movie while they are in the arena the aspect ratio changes from 2.35:1 to 1.69:1. It changes back after the arena. Anyone else see this?

Just browsed the DVD and there are no aspect ratio changes. I'm attaching my logfile, just in case it helps.

View attachment AnyDVD_7.4.4.0_Info_D_CATCHING_FIRE.ziplog

dave

Last edited:
That's the IMAX sections of the film, you don't get that on the DVD only the Blu-ray

00461.mpls is the (only) correct one for the redbox version.

maybe for your redbox version, but that doesn't mean someone else's redbox disc is the same. Always go by the playlist in the anydvd status window. 1 movie can have dozens of playlist variations

got it

Sorry, I was still on 7.4.3, which didn't display any playlist info for this volume. The new 7.4.4 properly shows 461, like earlier posts indicate.

Previous versions have listed many false positives when handling this kind of obfuscation trick. In those instances, I have always had to resort to other means, to further narrow it down to the right one -- usually only ONE has been correct.

I'm going to close this thread - there's no point in repeatedly informing others, what everyone's "personal correct playlist is".
It's in the AnyDVD status window, this disc has been completely fixed several thread pages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back