• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Hunger Games - Blu-ray - Protection not removed

(Edit: Let's not forget that there's multiple versions of the disc out there, and each has a different "good" playlist--i.e., rental vs. retail and even different retail pressings. That confounds sharing of the "good" playlist number on boards like this.)

There is nothing to "share". You check your AnyDVD status window, or AnyDVD's speedmenu. If "the tools" don't allow you to specify this playlist, this ain't AnyDVD's fault.
They could easily add an option "show duplicate playlists" or something similar.

There is nothing to "share". You check your AnyDVD status window, or AnyDVD's speedmenu.
But obviously NOT everyone checks the status window or Speedmenu, especially since they do NOT appear by default. (Perhaps you should do something about that on Screen Pass discs, if you're not doing it already.) My point was, different valid playlist numbers for different pressings makes things more difficult for those looking for them online. If you're actually using the status window AND the playlist there appears in your tool of choice, it's a different story. ;)

But obviously NOT everyone checks the status window or Speedmenu, especially since they do NOT appear by default. (Perhaps you should do something about that on Screen Pass discs, if you're not doing it already.) My point was, different valid playlist numbers for different pressings makes things more difficult for those looking for them online. If you're actually using the status window AND the playlist there appears in your tool of choice, it's a different story. ;)

See my post above. I'll add a way for "the tools" to ask AnyDVD for the correct playlist.

However, to help "the tools" I'll add a simple interface where "the tools" can ask AnyDVD for the correct playlist. It will be very easy for them to add, it will be just an entry in the registry, which they can read if they choose to do so. While at it, I'll some other useful information, like the disc title, type, id, if possible (hi, Brian).
But this requires, that "the tools" must operate on the original disc (or a protected iso) with AnyDVD running.

Thank you :rock:

I have been trying to backup Hunger Games BD and have wasted several discs, none are good copies (just get blank screen when played). So I just got a Rewritable BD to do some more experimenting. With AnyDVDHD version 7.0.8.2 and BD Rebuilder I still can not get a good copy. I noticed the information in this thread about 'playlists' so when I opened the AnyDVDHD window, I looked and it does say "Java BD protection good playlists: 665". How do I use that information to get a good copy? I usually use AnyDVDHD to rip to my harddrive, then BD Rebuilder to shrink it to the size of the BD-25, then Image Burn to burn the BD.

My PC doesn't have a graphics card capable of playing the BD files, so there's no way I can test them until I burn them to BD and try it in a BD player. I've tried all the discs in multiple players of different manufacturers - none have ever worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Use Speedmenus, then process the disc with BDRebuilder. I'm fairly certain, this will work.

Hi,

I ripped the UK rental version of Hunger Games recently which was fine, no error messages or anything.

However, when I played the iso file via Dune HD using the "Play" option (ie. the full image file of the disc with all menus intact) , it simply wouldn't load - just a black screen.

So I tried the "Play Lite" option and was presented with a list of 50 different iso files to choose from with slightly different movie lengths. Usually the default file to play is the first one... I realised however as I went down the list that certain short scenes had been duplicated within these files and the movie would jump to these scenes randomly. I checked the movie length and it was the 50th iso file which was the correct one. The movie played ok although there were around 7 short pauses during playback of "buffer underruns" which occur during high bitrate scenes using the "play lite" method.

This is the first time I have experienced such a phenomenon and I'm guessing it has issues to do with protection technology.

Any idea what to do? Should I wait for another update before trying to burn again from a retail version?

I ripped the UK rental version of Hunger Games recently which was fine, no error messages or anything.

However, when I played the iso file via Dune HD using the "Play" option (ie. the full image file of the disc with all menus intact) , it simply wouldn't load - just a black screen.

I had the same issue when I used "Rip to Image..." It produced an iso that showed a black screen.

Ripping the movie only, using Clown BD, produced the movie but with a critical scene repeated inside the movie several times. Unacceptable.

Both are symptoms reported in this thread.

So, as suggested, I turned on "Speedmenu" in the AnyDVD software (under the "Video Bluray" setting) and tried "Rip to image..." again. This striped out the menus and replaced them with a custom SlySoft menu. The movie now plays perfectly. :)

I had the same issue when I used "Rip to Image..." It produced an iso that showed a black screen.

Ripping the movie only, using Clown BD, produced the movie but with a critical scene repeated inside the movie several times. Unacceptable.

Both are symptoms reported in this thread.

So, as suggested, I turned on "Speedmenu" in the AnyDVD software (under the "Video Bluray" setting) and tried "Rip to image..." again. This striped out the menus and replaced them with a custom SlySoft menu. The movie now plays perfectly. :)
Have you tried an ISO rip without Speedmenu since your Speedmenu rip? It might just work now.

When using Clown_BD, did you use the "good" playlist shown in the AnyDVD HD status window?

AnyDVD only detects the one and only correct playlist, which is the one a player would play. It doesn't know and doesn't care which playlists are identical.

However, to help "the tools" I'll add a simple interface where "the tools" can ask AnyDVD for the correct playlist. It will be very easy for them to add, it will be just an entry in the registry, which they can read if they choose to do so. While at it, I'll some other useful information, like the disc title, type, id, if possible (hi, Brian).
But this requires, that "the tools" must operate on the original disc (or a protected iso) with AnyDVD running.

I'm very much looking forward to this. Thanks in advance.

Have you tried an ISO rip without Speedmenu since your Speedmenu rip? It might just work now.

When using Clown_BD, did you use the "good" playlist shown in the AnyDVD HD status window?

Funny you should ask. When version 7.0.9.0 came out a few hours after my post I decided to try it again without Speedmenu.

It ripped it perfectly!

As usual, SlySoft is on top of it. :clap:

... and that folks is why I bought the lifetime license a while back. :rock:

I'm still not getting this to work. I'm doing a 1:1 backup of the US retail version purchased from Amazon using the "Rip to Image" option on 7.0.9.0.

I'm still getting the movie not responding/black screen in TMT5. I've tried using the Speedmenu option which does offer me the 665 playlist (which I haven't watched all the way through, but I assume is the correct one).

But for the life of me I can't get a working full ISO backup of this title. Is there something I'm missing?

(BTW - I tried the region code removal option as well to no success).

Ok, hope this is correct.

I figured maybe it was just a simple fix.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.9.0_Info_E_THE_HUNGER_GAMES.zip
    412.9 KB · Views: 14
Ok, hope this is correct.

I figured maybe it was just a simple fix.

Can you please post the file \BDMV\PLAYLIST\00665.mpls while AnyDVD is running here?
This particular disc really should work fine, it's been confirmed over and over.

I tried it again to be sure, and the disc still just is black when it loads up (I don't even get the "Capitol" loading screen).

I thought I had tried playing the actual disc with AnyDVD enabled, but I guess I didn't. The disc plays fine with AnyDVD disabled, but will not play if AnyDVD is enabled (same black screen).

While I was typing this out, I did try messing with some of the options and I've found I can get the original disc to playback if I select "Remove prohibited user operations" AND "Disable BD-Live". I'll try ripping it again like this.

And since you asked for it, here is the file you asked for:

Attachments

• 00665.zip
    590 bytes · Views: 8
Just a quick update: After toggling those options (see post above), the ISO was able to be mounted and played back.

So I guess that's that. :)

Probably irrelevent with the 7.0.9.0 release

For anyone still having issues with this (if there is still anyone having issues with this, here's what worked for me:

I was also having the TMT5 black screen issue from the copy I ripped, so I tried just playing back from the disc. Same thing. Then I started shutting off processes and programs one by one until nothing was open except TMT. No change.

So I rebooted. No fix.

Out of curiosity, I tried to run off the disc from the TMT5 MCE Plug-In. It worked. I then tried launching from the disc from My Movies (using the TMT5 MCE Plug-In as my external player). This also worked. I tried launching from the disc in the stand-alone app. Black Screen. I tried ripping again. Black screen.

So, again out of curiosity, I rebooted, went into the MCE TMT5 plug-in and loaded the disc. Loaded perfectly (with everything running). I then closed Media Center and loaded the AnyDVD HD ripper (not starting the stand-alone TMT player or going into my computer first) and ripped the disc again. It worked perfectly and I now have a perfectly functional folder rip of Hunger Games BD without using any special settings.

I'm sure that this whole routine probably isn't necessary with 7.0.9.0 out now, but if you're still getting the black screen issue and you haven't had any luck with anything else (and you use TMT5 for playback), then maybe this will work for you.

Couldn't hurt.

I am on the latest version of anydvd hd and using a dune player. I rip to iso, and get a black screen when attempting to play back.

Edit -- which fix is the one to use? Is it as simple as disabling BD live and remove user restrictions?

Last edited:
So I tried the bd live off, and user permissions as suggested. The movie now loads on my Dune Player. Haven't watched it all the way through yet.

Thanks.

Back